FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Malygos Warlock BrM

Guest Nixroot

So far doing great with this deck. It seems a lot of negative comments either don't understand the deck, looking for an I-WIN button, or incopitent. Keep up the good work.

The only change I would suggest considering would be swapping the Defender of Argus for a Sunfury Protector. Since so many of the dragon minions are so expensive, I find turns where I need to play Defender for a taunt to be a liability, since it costs so much mana it's hard to play anything else that turn. Usually, the +1/+1 buff is negligible, the taunt minions are usually killed next turn anyway. It would be better for the taunt from Protector since it only costs 2 mana, allowing you to play a good minion behind it. Just a thought.

Argus is really important for certain minion interactions. There's a lot of examples, but one very common one is you play turn 4 Twilight Drake, opponent responds with Sludge Belcher, you use Argus to buff the Drake and push through.

Guest cheef

thanx for the deck its rly good, unfortunately it has a learning curve. I started very poorly with the deck. I just continued pracitsing and learn how to play it properly. Now im rank 2 with it THANKS =D

Guest leathergloves

Oh yeah, killed by Malygos Spell Mage before. Even their Arcane Missiles dealth 8 damage! Anyway, freeze (freeze bolt, ice lance x 2) and fried (fireball) to my face after that. Given Warlock's card draw to combo, it CAN KILL!

Guest Vanfidel

For what it's worth I can't  get too far with this deck (probably because I suck) but I absolutely love it! It's soo fun.  One sub I did was to remove 1 Twilight Drake and replace it with Lord Jaraxxus for those close to death moments and when entering the "fatigue" stage.

In general on Mulligans I look for one of each 3:

1. Health, (Healbot, Jaraxxus or Earthen Ring Farseer (in that order of priority))

2. Hellfire (for anti-aggro)

3. A dragon (since some cards depend on having one in your hand)

I only play Emperor Tharussian when I have at least one of the following in my hand: Malygos, SoulFire.  This way, it is possible that you can get 18 damage in 1 turn (Malygos and both Soulfires if the other doesn't get discarded)

jak'saan I dont think those are good keeps (maybe why you suck?). This deck has tons of draw and life taps so you can easily draw heal, removal, and dragons. You should not be afraid to life tap usually you will always have 7-10 cards in your hand. Key cards to keep are imp gang boss, twilight drake, zombie chow. Everything else depends on the match up but also darkbomb and mortal coil are usually good.

Yeah, that's a pretty poor Mulligan strategy. The correct Mulligans are outlines in the guide, so i'm not sure why you'd decide to keep that stuff instead :P

Guest Gabe

Thanks for the post, the deck is seriously fun. I threw in Lorewalker Cho since I don't have Bloodmage Thalnos, it has made for interesting matches. smile.png

I am sitting on the 3200 dust right now.

I am missing one card for this deck... malygos :)

Seeing how the malygos warlock boom is slowly finishing, do you think it is worth to craft the guy?

I am currently playing Midrange Hunter, Dragon mage (trying ;) ) and ramp druid.

any input will be welcome :)

Guest funkymonk

Thank you for the deck! I don't usually play Warlock, but I've been thoroughly enjoying this deck. It takes a lot of thinking and planning, and generally results in long matches, but rewards smart play. I've absolutely dominated other control decks. And most importantly, this deck plays well against Face Hunter. Thanks to imp-losion, argus, and the gang boss, this deck stabilizes against Hunter faster than most other control decks I've tried.

Just want to reiterate how important it is to keep a dragon during mulligan to use as an activator for Corruptor. I almost always end up with one in my hand by turn 5, and it is always the best tempo play if you have it then. I will therefore generally keep an Azure or a Twilight to enable that situation. However, I generally DON'T keep Malygos, even against other slow control decks. Soulfire is an essential part of maintaining board control with this deck, and I prefer not to risk losing Malygos.

Guest funkymonk

I am sitting on the 3200 dust right now.

I am missing one card for this deck... malygos smile.png

Seeing how the malygos warlock boom is slowly finishing, do you think it is worth to craft the guy?

As always, that depends on what legendaries you already have. If you lack Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, or Ragnaros, craft those first (in that order), they are better cards that work in pretty much every deck. Past that it's pretty much up to you, you can either craft top-tier class legendaries (Tirion, etc), or middle-tier neutral legendaries (Malygos, Cairne).

I don't think Malygos will ever be totally worthless, spell damage is too useful to too many combos, but it's also extremely slow in what is generally a meta that favors fast decks. Dr Boom, Sylvanas, and even Ragnaros are all significantly faster cards.

Thanks for the post, the deck is seriously fun. I threw in Lorewalker Cho since I don't have Bloodmage Thalnos, it has made for interesting matches. smile.png

lool

Guest Luis Guilherme

I've tried this deck for a while, and I'm stuck in 14/15. My winrate has been about 40% with this deck.

Since I don't have a Bloodmage Thalnos, I exchanged it first for a loot hoarder (bad idea) and then for a Kobold Geomancer. One card draw less, but it's good for reaching (I can darkbomb for 4 damage and 4 mana, or a 4 damage board clear with kobold + hellfire, or kill an annoying 2-health minion and draw a card with Kobold + Mortal Coil (3 mana, one damage, one card draw, like a "superseded shiv"). 

Contrary to some posters here, I could easily set up the combo if I'm alive until there.

But I struggle against aggro in general, and against secret mages (especially Ice Block). I've added a Lord Jaraxxus in place of Loatheb for a desperate move (up to 14 heal for 9 mana), but Jaraxxus haven't saved me yet. 

I miss some taunts. I'm thinking of replacing Jaraxxus for another Defender of Argus. Argus is great in this build since almost always I've got minions (even if they are imps). Argus'ing a Imp Gang Boss is always a good move. I'm also thinking of removing farseer or big game for a Kezan Mystic (would help with face hunters / secret hunters and secret mages). 

Someone can give more tips? Someone got high with this exact build?

Sign in to follow this