Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Demon Hunter: Natalya Rain of Vengeance

38 posts in this topic

After reading this I went and reset my Demonhunter for the build. The problem was, Strafe and Rain of Vengence are on the same button. I can either have one or the other,  but not both. Is this something that may have been changed since this was written?

After reading this I went and reset my Demonhunter for the build. The problem was, Strafe and Rain of Vengence are on the same button. I can either have one or the other, but not both. Is this something that may have been changed since this was written?

Answer I was given a few months ago when I asked this:

You have to unlock skills to associate them with any key, it's kind of a tip. Go into options, gameplay and enable elective mode. Now you can have more than one hunting skill, or primary skill or whatever you want ok?

Another good cubed ring option is the RoRG, which allows you to remove one more set piece and replace the shoulders and that slot with Marauder's to get the 2-set bonus.  Unlocking all companions gets you +10% movement speed, +1 Hatred / second, and it turns your companion power into a Hatred generator and taunt (as well as damage boost).  If you're in a group Unity is worthless anyway, and thanks to the new XP rules you should never not be in a group.

It's a tough choice vs. the damage-boosting Elements, although the added damage from all your pets helps a little.  I love them just for the added survivability, as enemies targeting pets are not targeting you.

Another good cubed ring option is the RoRG, which allows you to remove one more set piece and replace the shoulders and that slot with Marauder's to get the 2-set bonus.  Unlocking all companions gets you +10% movement speed, +1 Hatred / second, and it turns your companion power into a Hatred generator and taunt (as well as damage boost).  If you're in a group Unity is worthless anyway, and thanks to the new XP rules you should never not be in a group.

It's a tough choice vs. the damage-boosting Elements, although the added damage from all your pets helps a little.  I love them just for the added survivability, as enemies targeting pets are not targeting you.

Yeah great idea with the RoRG, im definitely trying that out when i get home from work =)

How do you use rain of vengeance and evasive fire without stopping and getting the debuff of yan pants?

Reaching 1.88 attack speed and 46% CDR in your sheet will result in the optimal 3 x1_demonhunter_evasivefire.png Evasive Fires to 1 Rain of Vengeance ratio.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong

Also I think crashing rain eats Yan pants debuff.

How do you use rain of vengeance and evasive fire without stopping and getting the debuff of yan pants?

The Yan buff stays for about a second longer once you stop in place, giving you just enough time for an Evasive Fire shot. It's tricky, but not hard to execute once you get the hang of it. Personally I hold Strafe (right click) the whole time, then stop in place (Shift) momentarily and shoot an Evasive Fire (left click), and quickly let go.

Reaching 1.88 attack speed and 46% CDR in your sheet will result in the optimal 3 x1_demonhunter_evasivefire.png Evasive Fires to 1 Rain of Vengeance ratio.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong

Also I think crashing rain eats Yan pants debuff.

Do you think there's an inaccuracy in the numbers, or that 3:1 is the preferred ratio?

Hey deadset, excellent guide. I'd been playing fire nats-strafe since the start of the season and since seeing this I've rolled lightning and cubed a fulminator, my grifts went up by about 5 levels right away. I was just wondering about the bane of the trapped and cull the weak passive, I don't really have any of the secondary affixes that CC -otherwise my gear is all decently rolled, are they worth using still to combo with the templar? Would you recommend any alternatives? I've also been considering cubing Wyrdward rather than CoE for multi for this reason. Once again thanks a lot for this guide, using the fulminator is simply a stroke of genius -and the whole thing is really well thought out and written up.

does this build work at all in HC, or is it 100% glass cannon/play at your own risk? 

Does this build work in HC at all or is this 100% glass cannon/play at your own risk?

Maybe there is something I'm not understanding but why would you want a socket without Ramalandi's Gift? Would it be to enchant it to something else then use a Gift?

Another good cubed ring option is the RoRG, which allows you to remove one more set piece and replace the shoulders and that slot with Marauder's to get the 2-set bonus.

I really like this, because I can use the same build for single and multiplayer. But it does mean that Man Carver is a tricky proposition, with no 50% DR from Unity. Other than that, having more companions to hid behind is great.

Maybe there is something I'm not understanding but why would you want a socket without Ramalandi's Gift? Would it be to enchant it to something else then use a Gift?

The way I read the stat priorities, it's saying that if you don't have Ramalandi's Gift, a socket is the most important thing (for legendary gems).

The way I read the stat priorities, it's saying that if you don't have Ramalandi's Gift, a socket is the most important thing (for legendary gems).

Legendary gems can't be used in non-jewelry pieces (except the gem of ease), but otherwise you are correct, having a socket allows you to put an emerald (for most builds) in it, which is a massive damage spike.

Does this build work in HC at all or is this 100% glass cannon/play at your own risk?

Build should be the same for hardcore, just prioritize Toughness stat perfection before DPS stat perfection and you should be good. :)

Great build. Would you mind creating a build for clearing "The Thrill" conquest - Level 45 Grift Solo with no set items?

Thanks for the great builds. Question: Why not a cubed Visage of Gunes vs. Aquila Cuirass if you can maintain 100% up time on Seethe?

This build is awesome. Don't have all the items and my gems are still updating, but kicking some severe butt already. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the great builds. Question: Why not a cubed Visage of Gunes vs. Aquila Cuirass if you can maintain 100% up time on Seethe?

The build does not run Seethe at all, but Dark Heart for the 50% DR, and receives another 50% DR from Aquila. Better defenses at the expense of harder resource management, essentially.

ive been running the cold rune on rov. and its been working pretty well having the freezes

Hello,

Great guide and thanks to it I have finally been bitten by the D3 bug. I can't stop playing (send help). I have a few remarks / questions concerning the build.

My questions:

1) Is there an alternative to "Lord Greenstone's Knife". It took a while to get the hang of it's timing. The damage is quit large when at 15+ stacks during CoV lightning proc. But I feel it kinda breaks the flow for the build. Having to strafe straight into the Elite Pack, if and only if at 15+ stacks and during a 4s cycle.. makes it very unreliable.
Only using it during CoV procs and at a desired number of stacks still means I have to do some elite packs without this skill. And as for the damage, a single RoV (deadcenter, with Crashing Rain) hits just as hard as a 30-stack Fan of Knives.

Is it really worth it to not only use a skill slot, but a cube-slot for this combination?

What are other alternatives you might suggest?

I found running "Fulminator" or "Calamatiy" feels like it provides so much more, and then you can run Companion - Wolf instead. This particularly feels better when teaming up, either using Fulminator for the massive AoE damage (I party often with a monk who does insane single-target.) or Calamity (after casting RoV - Shade) it pretty much garantuees uptime on all mobs). You can also pop your wolf for 30% party wide damage increase on longer fights.

2) I still haven't found my Focus/Restraint, so I have been running Zodiac instead. This puts my Wolf / Vengeance at ridiculous low cooldowns, and RoV at about 1s, allowing it to be cast in a 1:1 Generator ratio rather than 2:1.

I have been theorycrafting of running Zodiac / RoG and combine the Natalya 6-piece bonus with a 2-piece bonus from Marauder. Maybe even switch out "Dawn" for another xbow because you do not need the 65% CD reduction when you run Zodiac. (It's pretty much off-CD constantly)

When I gather the gear required to test this out, I'll post back with results. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

--

My variations:
1) I run "Archery" over "Leech"; it's a lot easier to keep your hatred above 90% in order to continuously benefit from "Aguila's Cuirras". My gear is not entirely optimized so I still have a fair bit of Life on Hit. I also have 'Flavor of Time' and not my Hellfire Pendant yet, so my opinion on this might change as I dive into higher GRs.

2)  I also prefer "Vault" over "Smokescreen". The movement speed of SS is really good for repositioning, I find it's discipline cost a tad bit high. You can just vault twice (with Tumble Rune) to get out of harms way. And for traversing the rifts, being able to cast vault ~10 times gets you to your destination a lot faster than running with SS. You can also vault over hazards whereas with SS you're running into them. 

3) When partying I often switch out my Fan of Knives for Wolf, and using a different cube-slot.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0