FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Hybrid Hunter BrM

nice deck,currently using it when i feel like cancering people around.

do you think the deck is actually a new hunter archetype or that the reason it's currently working is the "surprise factor" provided by people thinking you are face hunter and wasting removal on your weaker cards and that it will die down when the community gets used to it?

I think it's just the best Hunter deck right now. Whether it will die down as the Meta reacts to it, yes, it certainly will, as any deck does. But it's an archetype that will remain in rotation for time to come, phasing in and out when it's appropriate.

The idea that people are wasting removal on your little guys is valid, but the deck has so much early pressure that they kind of have to. If they sit around waiting for Highmane to appear before spending their removal, they're just going to die to you playing Face Hunter style.

• Like 1

As with most decks that you have constructed I went 1-4. I never seem to get a good win rate with your decks and I end up having to swap out cards or adjusting it before it actually does ok. I lost to two face hunters whose explosive traps clear my board and also put them ahead in damage. It makes me question the value of having freezing trap (ie when I trade a scientist early and get a freezing trap only for it to be wasted on a leper gnome). 

Maybe it's RNG and I'm not playing the deck right but definitely this deck does not work for me out of the 5 games I have played with it.

Face Hunter is a bad matchup, it happens. If you're facing a bunch of Face Hunter play a different deck.

Guest Noxlealaps

This is the second deck i try, the first one was facehunter and with 250 games got me as far as rank 11 and then back to rank 15 finalizing at 12 yesterday. This isthe second deck i will try, any thoughs on how to transition from fullface to this one ? Thanks again !

Guest Noxlealaps

I played the facehunter again after 5 games and i felt happy tongue.png why is that hahaha ! That frost dk for 4 seasons has a great impact on me !

The guide explicitly addresses how to use your Hero Power to stretch out your cards, card draw is just too slow in this kind of deck. If you release your grip on the pressure for one turn to draw cards, your opponent with get to fight back into the game, which is not what you want.

Guest wargarv

This deck is good if you successfully fool your opponent in thinking you have only normal face hunter cards, but my win rate was really bad against facehuntrs and aggro, so I put in one explosive trap.

After some matches, could be my fault or my play style, I noticed a better winning rate adding to a normal face hunter loatheb and one savannah, nothing else 

Guest Jester

The only card i don't have is Quick Shot, with what can i / should i replace it?

Guest godex

I do not have Mad Scientiest, what should i replace them with?

I think I'll use deadly shot instead of quickshot as I have only 1 bow and need the other arcane dust for Savannah Highmanes and arcane golem

Guest jhigg

Mad scientist is a key card, you should just craft them.  

Yeah, Mad Scientist is stupidly good, there is no viable replacement. It just weakens the deck significantly.

Guest dannycanham

First deck I've used as a hunter just to get a daily reward and it was cheap. Got a win streak and it was fun to play. Thanks. 

Guest RhoSigma

Don't know if it's just me, but it seems Patron Warrior is a huge Problem for this Deck due to lots of 1- or 2-attack minions the Warrior can exploit. Any suggestions how to play against these Decks?

The deck doesn't need card draw, your Hero Power functions as your card draw. Every turn you draw a spell that deals 2 damage to your opponent's face, that's exactly what you want in this deck, and you should be using it as much as possible to stretch out your cards. This is a point that is addressed in the guide.

Guest brindle

Having great success with this deck but having trouble w/ control Warlock.  Any suggestions on how to play this deck against that?

Having great success with this deck but having trouble w/ control Warlock.  Any suggestions on how to play this deck against that?

i would just add one more owl and save them for taunted up giants.handlock isn't really frequent enough to worry too much about it though.

It depends on the type of Warlock, there are two main types of Control Warlocks right now, Handlock, and Malygos Lock.

Against Handlock, you should aim to build a board and leave that at a life total where their Molten Giants don't have too much of an impact. So be aware of what you can deal with, how much Mana they have, and how much their Giants will cost. If you can't beat one Molten and Taunt, don't lower them to that life total. If you can beat 1 Giant, but not two, then you can afford to lower them a bit more. Molten Giant and Shadowflame is the other option to keep in mind.

Against Malygos lock (which you can identify early by cards like Imp Gang Boss, Implosion, Blackwing Technician etc.) you just need to be as aggressive as possible, and play the deck more like Face Hunter, since they play a lot less Taunt, and no Molten Giants when compared to Handlock.

Hello, I've been playing this deck for like a month now, but I'm having trouble with certain cards. How are you ever supposed to trade efficiently when Haunted Creeper only has 1 attack? And is it ok to play a turn 1 abusive sergeant on an empty board? By the way I always lose because of drawing Freezing Trap, my starting hand is like 2x Freezing Trap and Mad Scientist and I'm just like facepalm and then concede. 

Guest hightower

I've had success with dropping Abusive Sargeant turn 1 if thats my only option. 

As far as Haunted Creeper, Coin + haunted creeper turn 1, followed by glaivezooka turn 2 works well.

Sign in to follow this