FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gropes

Arms Warriors DPS help

Hey there, I was curious if anyone could go over my logs and give me an idea as to why my DPS is so low. I feel like I should be performing better with my current gear and I believe I'm doing my rotation properly.

Attatching a Gruul kill for reference
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i2xnws3o6w5zvkta/sum/damageDone/?s=1910&e=2165

And Armory just in case
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Stevenfry/simple

Thanks in advance!

Hey Gropes:

Thanks for posting to our boards! I'll take a look at this but it will take a bit of time to get a review posted. Check back here in a bit and I should have you all set.

Ouch. The first thing you need to do (and I apologize for the inconvenience) is upload your logs to Warcraft Logs. I will say, upfront, though that I did the following:

Your fight is recorded at 4:15 in length. That's 255 seconds. I did a simulation with your current armory at 250 seconds in length and it says you should be around 31,965.6 DPS(e). This is assuming it's a "Patchwerk" style fight (which - let's face it - Gruul is about as close as we're gonna get to this style), your rotation is executed perfectly, you have about 50ms in latency, and you used pots appropriately.

The WoL you uploaded says you have 29,795.1 DPS(e). That's an amazing 93% efficiency rate compared to simulated perfection. You're doing something right. With a Warcraft Log resource I can dig deeper into things but, just based off this, I would say you're doing most things correctly (if not everything) and your DPS may just stem from playing Arms on a single target encounter. Arms really shines in multi-target encounters; for single target you want to play Fury but - hey - Arms is the best spec to play anyway, right? =D

Ouch. The first thing you need to do (and I apologize for the inconvenience) is upload your logs to Warcraft Logs. I will say, upfront, though that I did the following:

Your fight is recorded at 4:15 in length. That's 255 seconds. I did a simulation with your current armory at 250 seconds in length and it says you should be around 31,965.6 DPS(e). This is assuming it's a "Patchwerk" style fight (which - let's face it - Gruul is about as close as we're gonna get to this style), your rotation is executed perfectly, you have about 50ms in latency, and you used pots appropriately.

The WoL you uploaded says you have 29,795.1 DPS(e). That's an amazing 93% efficiency rate compared to simulated perfection. You're doing something right. With a Warcraft Log resource I can dig deeper into things but, just based off this, I would say you're doing most things correctly (if not everything) and your DPS may just stem from playing Arms on a single target encounter. Arms really shines in multi-target encounters; for single target you want to play Fury but - hey - Arms is the best spec to play anyway, right? =D

Hey thanks for looking into it, im happy to hear that its mostly my choice in spec thats contributing to my DPS but hey Arms is definitely the best spec haha.

Ill see into uploading it onto warcraft logs but im gathering I should just switch to Fury for single target fights from now on.

Edit: Looks like someone else in the guild was nice enough to upload one last night

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DdqJ39cAXWV8hpK7#fight=7&type=damage-done&target=57&source=17

Edited by Gropes