Lockdupagain

Demo Lock Stat Priority (and some basic reforging)

1 post in this topic

Lockdupagain... Again! I am going to go over stat priority as it seems the world continues to go on un-apocalypsed. This is very straight forward, and I have not noticed any deviation within the lock community at large. Most of you already know this stuff, but in case you do not I hope this helps.

Stat Priority

Spell Hit to 6%- Hit is always the most important stat, its only to 6% so a couple reforges and you should be capped at the lower gear tiers.

PVP Power- This is very important, and my main argument against using PVE gear in PVP. This stat makes you hit players harder. Which is obviously useful in PVP lol! I do not have the numbers anymore, but there was a large margin of DPS when it came to stacking PVP power. I maintain well over 13k, which is about 50%.

Intellect- Int is a locks main stat, always stack this if at all possible. it raises your crit, and your Spell power.

PVP Resilience- This acts as a dmg reducer. This is below int and PVP power, due to the fact that it DRs, and I am of the opinion that anything over 60% is a waste (around 7k). I do not gem for Resil when I can gem for PVP power.

Mastery- This is by far our most important secondary stat. I have heard rumblings that crit is better, but its not. Our demon does more dmg (Combine this with Glyph of Demon Training), and so do we in both caster form and Demon form. I have spoken before about consistency, and this is the case here. Anytime you can raise your base dmg, do it. Crit is largely RNG imo and I am not a fan.

Crit Chance- This raises the chance that one of your hits can hit for critical dmg (200%). Crit is ok, but only take away from haste to get it.

Reforging

This will be brief, but there are a couple tips worth mentioning about reforging as a lock.

Hit and expertise- If you are hurting on hit, and you have reforged and done what you can, consider reforging a secondary stat to expertise on a piece of gear that already has hit. This way you can gain more "Spell Hit".

Haste- If the gear has Mastery and Haste reforge Haste to Crit.

As usual any questions feel free to ask, or send me a msg. I hope to have some vids up in the next month or so (Depending on the VA, I am a poor college student now haha) Hopefully I have FRAPs after Christmas. Thank you all, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Chanukah!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now