Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Uther

22 posts in this topic

For the level 20 talent, the icons show Storm Shield as the recommended and Redemption as the situational pick, but the explanations have it the other way around.

For the level 20 talent, the icons show Storm Shield as the recommended and Redemption as the situational pick, but the explanations have it the other way around.

Are you certain?

The counter picks to Uther section has the title mentioning Valla not Uther.

mmmmm i think the holy radiance build could be added, well its only the lvl 4 and lvl 7, that one helps with your mana if youre the only healer and helps you hit your team more easily, what do you think???

Well specifing that you wont have cleanse so you should use it with care or if you know your team and teammates

mmmmm i think the holy radiance build could be added, well its only the lvl 4 and lvl 7, that one helps with your mana if youre the only healer and helps you hit your team more easily, what do you think???

Well specifing that you wont have cleanse so you should use it with care or if you know your team and teammates

I don't find Uther to have the mana issues (esp. with conjurer's pursuit) to justify this. However, I've seen an interesting build that used these talents as well as Hardened Focus at level 16 to cut Holy Radiance's cooldown by over half. I'll experiment with it.

Thank you for the feedback

I don't find Uther to have the mana issues (esp. with conjurer's pursuit) to justify this. However, I've seen an interesting build that used these talents as well as Hardened Focus at level 16 to cut Holy Radiance's cooldown by over half. I'll experiment with it.

Thank you for the feedback

yeah i talk more of xp tbh, i, dont know why, get paired with a lot of agressive people, playstyle not verbal or anything else, and even if i get the mana regen the heals a need to put are a lot so is more personal tbh.

Ive seen that build too, i think works well if you need some extra time reduction so you can spam more often healing abilities

When Cleanse and Clairvoyance aren't required, or in my case, a waste when I often forget to use them properly, how would the other three talents stack up in various situations?

When Cleanse and Clairvoyance aren't required, or in my case, a waste when I often forget to use them properly, how would the other three talents stack up in various situations?

Hi "guest",

I always try to write guides while assuming a consistent usage of all recommended talents and abilities. I'd like to stress how important these are to Uther, and healers in general. However, Wave of Light would be a very reasonable alternative, as it unconditionally improves your healing potential and helps with mana management.

Hi "guest",

I always try to write guides while assuming a consistent usage of all recommended talents and abilities. I'd like to stress how important these are to Uther, and healers in general. However, Wave of Light would be a very reasonable alternative, as it unconditionally improves your healing potential and helps with mana management.

Yes, I understand that much. But I know my own limits and I forget to use activatable abilities at times if they aren't on my 1 or 2 key. I would rather have a talent I get some use out of than one I forget to use or use in suboptimal situations.

I would add ETC to list of heroes to synergy with Uhter. With divine shield you can create an unstoppable moshpit. What is more than imba.

As well it's great to play with ETC regarding of all the stun composition which you can use together.

I would add ETC to list of heroes to synergy with Uhter. With divine shield you can create an unstoppable moshpit. What is more than imba.

As well it's great to play with ETC regarding of all the stun composition which you can use together.

Yup, I completely agree. The surge in popularity of this combo is no random fact. I'll see to that ASAP. Thanks for the reminder :)

Uther needs an Update. Last Update was January 

Uther needs an Update. Last Update was January 

Agreed. I changed the stun duration of Divine Storm to 1.75 seconds, up from 1.5.

Have you tried pairing holy shock with hardened focus? It creates a situation where your holy shocks have a 3 second cd. You can spam out a pretty solid amount of damage from a safe distance while having a significantly boosted heal stocked. The added value to your heal alone is pretty nice and you don't have to run up and auto like you do with blessed champion.

Holy Shock Build:

1 - Conjurer's Pursuit < you're gona need mana... you can use wave here for ultra spam but you will run out of mana spamming shocks and the talent is kinda unreliable

4 - Beacon of Light < synergy with hardened focus while maintaining heal priority

7 - Cleanse < it's just good... plus the positional requirements for maintaining close range or prioritizing stuns desynergizes with hardened focus's play style

10 - Divine Shield < you're here to save lives bro

13 - Holy Shock < holy $%*! I got shocked!

16 - Hardened Focus < stay back and spam shock and heal... look for good spots to stun

20 - Redemption < storm shield if you just don't die

5 hours ago, Guest Dan said:

Have you tried pairing holy shock with hardened focus? It creates a situation where your holy shocks have a 3 second cd. You can spam out a pretty solid amount of damage from a safe distance while having a significantly boosted heal stocked. The added value to your heal alone is pretty nice and you don't have to run up and auto like you do with blessed champion.

Holy Shock Build:

1 - Conjurer's Pursuit < you're gona need mana... you can use wave here for ultra spam but you will run out of mana spamming shocks and the talent is kinda unreliable

4 - Beacon of Light < synergy with hardened focus while maintaining heal priority

7 - Cleanse < it's just good... plus the positional requirements for maintaining close range or prioritizing stuns desynergizes with hardened focus's play style

10 - Divine Shield < you're here to save lives bro

13 - Holy Shock < holy $%*! I got shocked!

16 - Hardened Focus < stay back and spam shock and heal... look for good spots to stun

20 - Redemption < storm shield if you just don't die

I've played with it a bit, and in general, I just felt that I was never in position to use Holy Shock against relevant targets. And when I was, I'd healed a friendly character already. Maybe in some odd case where you get two healers, but... why Uther in the first place, then?

1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

I've played with it a bit, and in general, I just felt that I was never in position to use Holy Shock against relevant targets. And when I was, I'd healed a friendly character already. Maybe in some odd case where you get two healers, but... why Uther in the first place, then?

Yea I get were you're coming from... I feel that way too sometimes. I don't think the damage is really the strength of the talent but rather the healing. Personally I just use it on any target (relevant or not) at the onset of any fight to q up the big heal. Then in the middle of the fight I tend to find occasional use out of it when my team is relatively healthy. At the end of the fight when things are decided and one side is running for the hills... if I happen to be on the chasing side I get more offensive use out of it. "wtf just killed me?" lols I guess the main issue is that I rarely end up in a circumstance where my heal is on cd because I used shock. I just use it judiciously, and the 50% bonus is pretty damn noticeable. Shrink ray is ok I suppose... I like blessed champ but I take more of a frontline build with it. I don't take shock when I take righteous defense or benediction though. I feel its mainly useful only with hardened. Also, I agree that uther would be silly in most double support comps. Anyway not trying to beat a dead mount or anything. Just talkin shop. I love site. I don't agree with everything but that's what makes it fun! If there was only one way to play a hero then hots would be failing. I like reading the different talent opinions and have learned a good deal that hadn't previously occurred to me. Keep up the good work!

On 10/27/2016 at 0:04 AM, Guest Dan said:

Anyway not trying to beat a dead mount or anything. Just talkin shop.

It's no problem, we love seeing users contribute and discuss with us about our guides. It helps us to add to them and correct any issues that might have skipped by our writers' eyes!

Any thoughts on Uthers abysmal damage output? In terms of utility, Uther is amazing, he rocks a full arsenal of extremely effective abilities and talents. He's also a lot of fun to play. 

My teams tend to struggle when it when it comes to DPS. Even though I am right in the "shit" most rounds I can never seem to do comparable damage to other support hereos. 

Because of this, I feel Uther has a severe disadvantage, especially at a competitive level. 

6 hours ago, Guest JAurelius said:

Any thoughts on Uthers abysmal damage output? In terms of utility, Uther is amazing, he rocks a full arsenal of extremely effective abilities and talents.

Personally, I believe Uther is meant to be pure utility and healing as opposed to a support/dps combo, like a Kharazim or Tassadar. I'm not sure of this (I don't like playing Uther myself) but from my experience he's meant to solely keep the team alive and contribute to stun locks (His heroics also can be chosen based on if more healing or crowd control is needed), instead of something like a Rehgar who still has a bit of DPS along with his crowd control and heals.

1 person likes this

On 11/23/2016 at 2:20 AM, Niteshadow said:

Personally, I believe Uther is meant to be pure utility and healing as opposed to a support/dps combo, like a Kharazim or Tassadar. 

This might be an odd comparison to make, but I feel like people relate Uther too much to Taric from LoL. I wish he was like Taric, but he's not. He may have a big hammer, but it's only to beat people into recovery!

1 person likes this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0