Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Brightwing

11 posts in this topic

brightwing is so hard, u take 4 active abilities in addition to his basic abilities which require knowledge to use properly, Q in front of enemies , polymorph the right enemy and so on.

I'll just stick to my LiLi

Edited by Fransoa

I think the lvl 13 talent section needs some work, since the described Blink Heal-GoH-Ice Block combo doesn't work anymore, since GoH was removed. In my opinion this makes Shield Dust the most viable choice for lvl 13. Otherwise great guide.

Thanks for pointing that out, must have overlooked the last remains of GoH. 

However, Ice Block is still a solid talent. 

Aren't you overlooking harden focus's synergy with mystified? It seems like getting twice as many polymorphs, twice as many dusts (dmg prevention, move speed, healing increase) would be great, and each one of those is going to lower the cooldown on healing mist. It seems like it synergizes well with everything.

Hey Skygrin,

Hardened Focus is not a good talent on BW imo. Her alternative choices are simply too useful and too powerful to be neglected in my opinion. (compare pro matches - Na'Vi played a pretty sick BW during the EU RtB Championship and exclusively used Greater Poly or Bouncy Dust). 

The guide has incorrect information. Hardened Focus does indeed reduce the cooldown of Soothing Mist, which in turn amplifies the effectiveness of Hyper Shift, Peekaboo, Phase Shield, and Revitalizing Mists. Brightwing's ability to Hearthstone and then teleport back into teamfights very, very frequently ensures that she rarely falls below 80% health, and doing so gives a negligible drop in team-fight damage with no other ill effects.

I have played over a thousand games with Brightwing and overall find this guide to be a superficial look at her capabilities. The fact that Arcane Barrage is completely discounted is hilariously short-sighted; the additional range is invaluable in many situations, often far more useful than the vision from Peekaboo.

This feels like a guide written by someone who played maybe a dozen or two games as Brightwing, if that, and then picked their Talent recommendations based on their frequency picked on a site such as hotslogs.

Hello, 

Your comment seems very biased and you also seem to be very fond of your opinion and your capabilities as a player. 

The input on Hardened Focus is valid and the issue will be addressed. 

However, saying that neglecting Arcane Barrage, whose popularity has neither been confirmed by pro players (yes, after reading this comment I asked several of them) nor the wide range of players (according to the pick rate of this talent), is short-sighted is borderline ridiculous.

With our guides we seek to provide solid talent builds and thought processes for a wide variety of players. To recommend a bottom tier talent like Arcane Barrage simply because - according to some unknown players out there - it has its niche utility is crazy. Then we could not be able to not recommend any talent in the game, since everyone can justify a niche pick or a special situation under which talent X "can" be good. 

Thank you for the input on Hardened Focus, but my apologies, the second half of you comment I cannot take seriously. 

12 hours ago, evilnero said:

Kael'Thas sort of counters BW

I presume you mean this because of his insane AoE damage with FlamestrikeFlamestrike and Living BombLiving Bomb countering Brightwing's AoE healing? I think depending on which Heroic bright wing takes this is very true. If she takes Blink HealBlink Heal, then she can do more single-target healing, rendering him less effective, but if she takes Emerald WindEmerald Wind he is still fairly effective against her.

On 11/23/2016 at 10:41 AM, evilnero said:

Kael'Thas sort of counters BW

I imagine the counters/syns will be updated when the new format hits Brightwing's guide. It's slowly coming out to more and more heroes, so they are getting a double update (if that makes sense?)!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0