FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rapting

mistweaver haste

i am a little confused right now, icy veins says that you need 3145 haste with 5% haste and 4719 without haste buff. approx 16.65 % to get the extra tick from the hots. but i saw on noxxic todayt hat it says you need 1345 and this is drastically diffrent from icy veins. am I not understanding this, or is there a reason the numbers are not the same?

As Krazyito already replied. The lower number (1345) is the amount of haste you need to get 1 extra tick and it was the haste plateau to go for pre 5.1. Now that we got a buff to our haste rating it is a lot easier to get to the next soft cap: 4719. This gives 2 extra ticks on renewing mist.

This haste rating however is in serpent stance (so with the 50% buff). the rating out of serpent stance, in tiger stance is 3145. So while reforging make sure you are in tiger stance and try to get exactly (or just over) 3145 haste rating.

• Like 1

Ok time to bump this.

In about 500ilvl gear (maybe less) you can reach the next haste breakpoint with relative ease. The breakpoint is 6141 Some say 6145, but according to the EJ MW calc, it is 6141. Someone please show me otherwise if I am wrong.

Now, when should you choose to go to this breakpoint? Seeing as ReM is out highest healing spell, going for it sooner rather then later is probably a good thing. Though In my opinion, I value crit way too much to go for that breakpoint. So personally I will be waiting for the T15 2pc bonus before I go for that break point. I personally almost had the 2 pc on our last raid night, but our healing officer shaman rubbed it in my face that he got it over me because I was going to miss most of next week >.< Oh well, I was too tired that night to really care. I'll get it eventually and the shaman tier is good as well.

Hey, so this is the first ive seen the haste cap come with the stipulation of being in tiger stance. Don't quite understand... When we are in the correct stance, yes the haste goes up, so wouldn't that just be a base increase in the haste. So once in the correct stance, our haste would u be at...4717 (if my math is correct) ?

I'm not sure. I haven't really looked. Though there must be a reason most sites tell you to be in tiger stance. I can only assume it is to avoid weird conversions with your gear or something when going into serpent stance.

I just know that being in tiger stance your haste is at its natural number, as it appears on your gear. That way it avoids all ambiguous or odd conversions.

I'm not sure. I haven't really looked. Though there must be a reason most sites tell you to be in tiger stance. I can only assume it is to avoid weird conversions with your gear or something when going into serpent stance.

I just know that being in tiger stance your haste is at its natural number, as it appears on your gear. That way it avoids all ambiguous or odd conversions.

That is the reason indeed. Some addons look at your current haste and when they add haste, they just look at the haste on your gear. That means that if you are in serpent stance and need like 300 haste, the reforge addon will add 300 haste, but that's before the +50% from stance so you would get 450.

It is also easier that way to calculate it yourself since you don't have to take the +50% into concideration when looking at gear.