FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
System1459

Combat Help

Trying to figure out why my DPS is so low. I've been using the rotation posted here. but for some reason I can't seem to get something right. I'm lucky to get half the DPS that warcraftlogs compares me to. I have being looking at the self inspect guide and noticed I occasionally double cast revealing strike. I built a macro that I think will correct that. I will post the requested links below. Thanks in advance.

Sorry For the delayed reply I had to wait for an admin to approve the first post. Feel Free to look at all of my logs. The log from the 12th was a really crappy day. I think I died on almost every fight.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Deathlorn/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7rBzvh2tkqfbnCDy#fight=23&comparesearchplayer=10&sourceclass=Rogue

Edited by System1459

Hi there , what I do is use crimsom tempest spell with more then 2 targets  for finishing move  I do like 40k on iron maidens  with 681 ilevel  single target  for combats the hardest for me also .. you have to have top notch gear to do a lot of dps .. for combat single target  if your around 30k-40k no worries   try pre poting to get your dps up there at the start so it can weather down   having the best gear in slot helps , but it does boil down to gear a lot , people were like why is your dps so low .. 20k ish one time , I told them it has to do with gear .  I could have 684 ilevel but I choose to go by icyveins best in slot for the dps .  some of them bs  dps rankings is off by 2-3k  for sure cause you could have the wrong piece of gear in the slot .. even though your ilevel is that high. 

Hello there. I've been away for a while, so I might not be able to pinpoint all your problems.

Concerning rotation:

You barely use Vanish on your fights, if at all. Vanish is a DPS increase since it gives you a "free" Ambush, specially paired with the glyph of Disappearance (1 min Vanishes).

Your uptimes are rather good, but there's still room for improvement. Try to make it +95%.

These things aren't going to make your DPS skyrocket, but you'll notice an increase.

Concerning gear:

Shouldn't you be using Haste trinkets and some gear (where you're affordable)? AFAIK, Multistrike is a good stat for Combat but it doesn't surpass Haste (I assume that gear is Sub's gear).

lipsinch- you might have viewed my gear when I had my sub stuff on.

Ok so I have made a few adjustments based on what you all have said. There are small improvements but its just not getting anywhere near what I see others of my same spec doing. Some with much lower Ilvl. I have checked my gear against Shadowcraft and robot and I think it supposed to be fine. (nothing to explain 20K drop)

I have recently started practicing my Sub and I'm getting the same numbers on a spec that I barely know. Here are some updated links.

Can you all see my other logs? or do I need to post links to them as well?

Let me know what you think. And again I appreciate you all helping me out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Deathlorn/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gtGxkv2wzrd1nyXH#fight=27&source=2&type=casts

Your logs have you only doing less than 300 of what you're supposed to be doing on single target (gruul). That's 0.3k

For 3 targets on a 10 minute fight (Iron Maidens), you're pulling 44k and supposed to be doing about 76k

Looking at your logs, you turn Blade Flurry off a lot. I don't know why, since you don't seem to be going to the ship at all. The only time this should ever be off is when there is only 1 target for you to hit. Keep in mind that the BF hits are based off where you're standing and not where your target is, so make sure to position yourself appropriately