Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rogue Deck Advice

3 posts in this topic

So, previously i asked for help on a paladin deck.

And now i've made a rogue deck with the left over dust that i had.

Here it is:

Firstly i've noticed, that even with a lot of low-cost cards i still have a pretty weak early game. Any tips on making this better, i have all the adventure cards and a few other ones. Ask me if you want me to put out all the other cards that i own.

In terms of induividual cards, the only one I would definitely exchange is Gang Up (there is no specific synergy with the rest of your deck that I can see, and you are not planning to go very late game that you can outdraw your opponent with).

I would consider removing your (at least two of your) big taunts (Belcher and Sunwalker) and go for something more aggressive. Maybe Azure Drakes, if you have that cards. Loatheb should also fit well.

Regarding your early game, maybe an Goblin Auto Barber could help. Also, Bllade Flurry, and Sharpsword Oil seem worth considering if you have any of those cards.

Edited by Horn

You might have more success if you turn this into a more aggressive deck. I agree with Horn that Gang Up doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your cards.

Tinker's Sharpsword Oil is a great Rogue card after which the Oil Rogue archetype is named. Southsea Deckhand is a good card to set off Tinker's combo effect. You could also add Shade of Naxxramas since it has stealth and is hard to get rid of, then use another card such as your Deadly Poison to set off the Tinker combo, thus buffing the Shade and allowing you to attack with both him and your hero for a lot of burst damage. As Horn mentions above, Goblin Auto Barber, Blade Flurry, and Loatheb are all good cards for an aggressive Rogue deck.

Cards such as Sprint, Azure Drake, Gnomish Inventor, and Novice Engineer can help you draw the cards you need for the combos. Novice Engineer is obviously weak with only 1 health and I wouldn't normally recommend it, but it's useful in combo-heavy decks as it allows you to quickly go through your deck until you find the cards you need.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      The new build adds 35 new dailies, buffs to Murlocs, bug fixes and preparations for future content!
      A new patch has hit the Hearthstone servers, preparing the ground for the upcoming Heroic Tavern Brawl and bringing new dailies, changes to Murloc cards, achievements and more!
      As we've already said, this build added some textures for the Heroic Tavern Brawl (which were datamined by Hearthpwn) and it also adds  the BlizzCon 2016 card back. Moreover, Murloc cards that affected ALL Murlocs now only affect friendly ones. There are also several bug fixes. Here are the patch notes:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      In this Hearthstone update, we're making balance changes to several cards and fixing several bugs. Read on for details!
      Ethereal Peddler now reads “Battlecry: If you’re holding any non-Rogue class cards, reduce their Cost by (2).” This was done to make it more clear, especially with upcoming releases. The following Murlocs that affected ALL Murlocs now only affect friendly ones, to improve the Murloc mirror-match. These cards are not eligible for a full dust refund. Grimscale Oracle now reads “Your other Murlocs have +1 Attack.” Coldlight Seer now reads “Battlecry: Give your other Murlocs +2 Health.” Murloc Tidecaller now reads “Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack.” Murloc Warleader now reads “Your other Murlocs have +2/+1.” One Night in Karazhan cards will now show up with the same frequency as other card sets in the Arena The following bugs have been squashed: Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End now properly applies the Overload effect when it casts a spell with Overload. Sir Finley Mrrgglton no longer offers Lesser Heal as an option of Hero Powers to Discover when played by Tyrande. Casting Entomb on a transformed minion will no longer reveal the minion’s identity if it gets drawn again. Gladiator’s Longbow now properly prevents damage caused by Explosive Trap. The following card back has been added: Welcome Inn – Acquired by attending BlizzCon 2016 or purchasing a Virtual Ticket for BlizzCon 2016. Many new daily quests have been added. For more information, including a more comprehensive list of bug fixes, please visit our Forums.
      (source) What are these new daily quests? Well, they were datamined (along with a lot of other stuff) by Hearthpwn. In total, the new dailies are around 35 in number! The 40 Gold ones involve playing 30 class cards for each class. There is a variety of new 50 Gold quests;  their concept involves around playing a specific amount of a particular archetype or kind of cards, like Play 20 Beasts, Play 10 Weapons or Play 15 Overload Minions. The 60 Gold quests require you to play 50 class cards. Lastly, there are two new 100 Gold quests: Murlocalypse - Play 75 Murlocs and Cry Havoc - Play 75 Battlecry minions.
      Other datamined data include three new achievements that award three Classic card packs each:
      Return of the Hero - Defeat the 3 challengers! Ready for Action - Play 30 cards in Play mode Back in the Game! - Deal 100 damage to enemy heroes There are also six achievements, awarding The Grand Tournament packs, that are tied to the BlizzCon promotion - we will discuss this in another article!
      Ultimately, a returning player challenge with three missions has appeared, as well as a possible Innkeeper challenge.
    • By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this:
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By Aexra
      So Blizzard gave us the opportunity to choose and root for a player during the HS World Championship 2016.
      You win in-game prizes for every win they get. Everyone gets a pack for just picking one of the contenders. 
      So who's your pick?
    • By sneakytool
      Hi guys need a bit of help with improving my dps,
      crit 29.45%
      haste 15.04%
      mastery 110.65%
      vers 4.51%
      I know i need less haste and more crit/mast but other than this is there anything else i can do?
      armory link
      Link to my logs on a  dummy
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Camel Hunter Standard deck.