FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fleakertwo

Help w sub rogue dps on mythic Beastmaster

I am looking for help in improving my dps on Mythic Beastlord, cause right now, it's pretty bad.  I've been playing sub for about a month, still not 100% comfortable with it.  (I ran assassination all through Mists.)  

My armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Fleakertwo/simple

(I use anticipation on boss fights, if it shows my talent as shuriken toss that's because I was soloing something in an old raid).

My guild's logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xLc3w9kdM1mrTpZA#type=damage-done&target=79

On this fight, I'm supposed to be concentrating on single target dps-ing the boss/his mounts, the folks doing the pack beasts don't need any help, so I've stayed sub.  

When I use the Warcraftlogs "compare" feature, my abilities really don't seem to be matching other rogues.  Should I be Fan of Kniving and Crimson-tempesting the adds?  Will that help my dps on Beastlord/Mounts??  Again, the dps on the adds don't really need any help, they are dying pretty fast.  

My guild has had a few sub 5% wipes on Beastlord, so I would greatly appreciate any help.  

Hi, 7/10 mythic rogue here after reviewing your logs it honestly looks like its your guild in general is the reason you arnt getting the kill, my guild had this problem at first to. Your destro lock should not be damaging the spears at all, they have no dots and his single target and cleave would be way more beneficial on beastlord and the beasts when they jump off, your boomy and shadow priest should both alone be enough to handle the spears if they are doing it properly. What we did essentially is have everyone go single target and cleave to focus beastlord and the beast when he jumps down from the beast and have 2-3 classes solely dedicated to dps on the pack beast and everyone else just on the boss. As well if you are having 5% wipes then everyone is not going pure single target when faultline comes out, you still will want 1-2 people dealing with packbeast until he is off faultline then every single person should single target the boss as there #1 priority. But for you as a rogue to improve you had only 9 shadow dance on the last wipe you had and 3 of them were not aligned with shadow reflection. You always want to use shadow dance and reflection at the same time, shadow dance having 1 min cd and SR having a 2 min cd means they should always line up. As well as on an 11min fight you should have 12 uses of shadow dance, there is no reason to delay them at all on this fight except potentially when he jumps down from faultline. You had good slice and dice uptime as well as using your on use trinket with shadow reflection which i assume you have macro'd and i would reccomend macroing shadow dance into that as well. As well for your opener it doesnt seem like you use shadow dance/Shadow reflection in your opener which is a big mistake because you want to have that burst while your prepot is still active to do tons of burst damage. But in all honesty combat is still better on this fight imo even if you arnt in charge of pack beast because the shear single target burst you will have at the end with KS and AR as well as the cleave when he jumps down from the beast is more beneficial imo than sub on this fight. Plus sub has positional issues when hes jumping around and getting on beasts with backstab. Feel free to respond back with any questions and i can try and help you the best i can, Sorry if this wasnt really helpful at all D:

Edited by FoxyNights

If you're playing Sub on Beastlord, using FoK when the beasts come out (and if there are any spears in range) is hugely beneficial cause you get 1 cp for every target hit

More cp = more finishers = more damage

While Foxy is right about the guild's improvements, I want to clarify a few things

But for you as a rogue to improve you had only 9 shadow dance on the last wipe you had and 3 of them were not aligned with shadow reflection. You always want to use shadow dance and reflection at the same time, shadow dance having 1 min cd and SR having a 2 min cd means they should always line up

I assume you just phrased this in a confusing way, so I want to clarify. Every second SD should be used along with SR. SR should be used first to copy Rupture, then SD afterwards so you don't waste the global inside Dance.

So your cooldown use still needs work, I just want to make sure that you're not being confused by what he said

Combat is still better on this fight imo even if you arnt in charge of pack beast because the shear single target burst you will have at the end with KS and AR as well as the cleave when he jumps down from the beast is more beneficial imo than sub on this fight. Plus sub has positional issues when hes jumping around and getting on beasts with backstab. 

Well, no, not really. Sub has much higher single target damage, and burst in particular 

That said, Combat is still a better pick for this fight (particularly on Mythic) because it doesn't have positional requirements. He's absolutely right about that. 

Also... your Fire mage (Alphasoul) and Ret Paladin (Omniburst) are doing something very very wrong. The ret has spaces from 20s to over a minute where he literally doesn't hit any mob at all. Literally 0 damage, not even judgement from range. Actually... your entire guild has a ton of downtime and I'm not really sure why

I assume you just phrased this in a confusing way, so I want to clarify. Every second SD should be used along with SR. SR should be used first to copy Rupture, then SD afterwards so you don't waste the global inside Dance.

So your cooldown use still needs work, I just want to make sure that you're not being confused by what he said

Thanks for clearing that up havent made many posts about rogue anywhere so im sure my wording was bad :p hope he can learn a bit from your clarifications