Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krazyito

Resto Druid Challenge Mode Gold Videos

1 post in this topic

Here is a Youtube playlist of all the videos I made for our Gold Challenge mode runs

Our comp was

Prot Warrior

Resto Druid

DK, Rogue, Mage - DPS

I'm sorry I won't have a detailed guide as Zagam has made in the warlock forums, but maybe these videos give you some insight on what to do or if you enjoy watching this point of view.

The only video I am missing is Gate of the Setting Sun because it was our first one and I was more worried about not letting down my teammates while doing this (because at the time I didn't think I good enough to do all of them gold) then worrying about getting the recording to work properly/ not make me lag.

Since then I have a new computer set up and can more easily record things, but I'm not sure if we will go back and re-do these times or not.

Regardless, enjoy.

Some minor things to note, For pretty much every dungeon I defaulted these glyph:

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Blooming - I chose this glyph because Challenge modes reminded me of when I PvP'd pre-MoP. Having this glyph made sense to me since it allowed me to more easily control its bloom on the tank taking burst damage on top of the extra healing the glyph provides from a bloom. Plus =, its much more beneficial to let it bloom while you are using heavy regrowth/healing touch on the tank to help top him off during heavy spikes

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Stampeding Roar - I chose this glyph because I didn't find rebirth as useful since they come back at 70% HP, which was sufficient enough for me to heal back when I'm expecting it. With this glyph it gave me more "breathing room" to cast stampedeing roar without having to worry about the position of my teammates.

inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Regrowth - This glyph is a no brainer, especially with the lower gear levels we had at the start of the expac and with glyph of blooming. 100% crit to Regrowth for constant tank spike damage? Can you say "Hooray LS procs?" =D

Talents:

T1: Feline swiftness more almost all. I used displacer beast on Gate of teh Setting sun, just because i didn't trust myself rushing down to the last boss and dieing because I'm too stupid to use the edges.

T2: Nature's Swfitness. Period. Always. No matter what you are doing as a Resto Druid, the others pale in comparison. Don't pick anything else.

T3: Usually Typhoon, never had a reason to even use most of these. Maybe I did, depends on the instance. In Siege I used Mass entanglement, but it was not really necessary because we didn't use the strategy anyway.

T4: Incarnation. I don't think the others give you as much burst healing as ToL. (FoN, maybe but meh, SotF, 50% haste to an already fast regrowth that could heal as much as HT when glyphed? meh. Gimme the insta RG and increased healing.)

T5: Ursol's vortex was a default, but if you're a better player then I am you can help your team out a bit with Mighty Bash for those much needed interrupts for tank damage. If you can do that, you're tank will love you forever. Remember to prioritize healing first. A dead group gets you no where.

T6: I first always learned and practiced an instance with Natures Vigil. It gave me more throughput when I felt I needed it. When I got use to the dungeon and got more synergy with the group (and when resetting to try for gold) I would switch to HotW. There were many places (SM, TotJS and SsB in particular) where I had to do quite a bit of DPS to help beat the timer. Mostly, for a big trash pack that the tank could stun lock for a while and I just hurricane my heart out for it.

Last thing to note, Stormstout Brewery had such a tight timer. I had to go boomkin for a trash pack at the very end to AoE (and also heal) then go back heals for the next trash pack, then go back boomkin for the boss. While DPSing the boss as boomkin, I would pop HotW and rejuv everyone while I DPS'd.

BTW: I'm a horrible DPS'r )=

Edited by krazyito65
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck
    • By Gidster
      Hey so I have starting Mythic progression and I just feel like I should be doing more DPS at my item level but I don't know if it is my Rotation or Stat priority.
      I'm looking at the logs and I feel like I should be doing more DPS in my current gear with is 874 with 22% Crit 29% Haste 46% Mastery 
    • By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots
    • By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By SheepyCakes
      I did a lot of searching before making this thread, but I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I've been using VuhDo for a number of years now, maybe even as far back as 2009, and I've never had an issue with the spells and panels doing what I configured them to do. I've never played a Restoration Shaman before (I was a priest for many years), but for some reason, whenever someone in my group dies, even though I have told VuhDo to resurrect people when I click on their panel in the group, it does nothing. I tried telling VuhDo to also target the person I'm casting on, even though I find that unnecessary and annoying, but that didn't help. I tried completely resetting the configuration, re-installing VuhDo entirely, disabling other add-ons, but nothing has worked.

For context, I'm also using ElvUI, but even after I disabled it, VuhDo still won't res anyone. Has anyone had any experience with this? The develop site offered no real help.