FORUMS
Pandacho

ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide

22 minutes ago, Sil14 said:

I really like ElvUI, but there are certain things that really annoy me.  

1)   I cant seem to figure out how to add the time stamp to my chat windows, and 2)  I cant seem to figure out how to change the health/mana in the nameplates, target plates.. ie.  my health says it is 361k, but I want to see 361,400 instead and a percentage of health remaining right next to it.  And I want to change the font/colors.  3) As was posted above, I would really like to see the sliver dragon or gold dragon for elite mobs to be able to differentiate.

1) ElvUI config->Chat->Chat Timestamps - the dropdown menu is right there in the middle.

2) ElvUI config->UnitFrames->Player Frame (Target Frame, whatever other frame)->'Health' in the right dropdown menu->'Text Format' line - hover your mouse above the line and you'll see a tooltip with a lot of possible format strings for Health.

Then choose 'Power' in dropdown menu - it's the same process for Mana.

You can change font and color for Unit Frames all together, not one by one: choose UnitFrames (the main section) and scroll down a bit - it's all there.

3) You can't see dragons in ElvUI but you can add [shortclassification] to the Target Frame Health Text Line and it will add 'Rare' or 'Elite' to the frame.

Uncommon Patron

idk what i did but now ive got these floating name plates everywhere and i cant figure out how to disable them. see pic for details.

Also, I did an LFR and not really sure I am a fan of the raid frames, is there something that will make it easier for me to see who needs healing??? slightly darker gray on regular grey doesnt really help

WoWScrnShot_080116_170606.jpg

6 hours ago, Pandacho said:

1) ElvUI config->Chat->Chat Timestamps - the dropdown menu is right there in the middle.

2) ElvUI config->UnitFrames->Player Frame (Target Frame, whatever other frame)->'Health' in the right dropdown menu->'Text Format' line - hover your mouse above the line and you'll see a tooltip with a lot of possible format strings for Health.

Then choose 'Power' in dropdown menu - it's the same process for Mana.

You can change font and color for Unit Frames all together, not one by one: choose UnitFrames (the main section) and scroll down a bit - it's all there.

3) You can't see dragons in ElvUI but you can add [shortclassification] to the Target Frame Health Text Line and it will add 'Rare' or 'Elite' to the frame.

Thank you!  I ended up finding the timestamp thing.  The unit frames are a little frustrating to work with.

3 hours ago, Sil14 said:

The unit frames are a little frustrating to work with.

Not that bad :) You actually have to sort out only one type of a frame and then there's an option to copy the configuration to any other type or sub-type. So for all the other frames you will have only to tweak some things.

4 hours ago, Sugartits said:

idk what i did but now ive got these floating name plates everywhere and i cant figure out how to disable them. see pic for details.

Also, I did an LFR and not really sure I am a fan of the raid frames, is there something that will make it easier for me to see who needs healing??? slightly darker gray on regular grey doesnt really help

Did you perhaps press Shift + V? That should turn on/off Friendly NPC names.

4 hours ago, Sugartits said:

1. As PaasHaaS said - check that you didn't press Ctrl+V, if it wouldn't help go to ElvUI config->NamePlates line and uncheck 'Enable'. See if it'll make you feel better.

2. ElvUI is not a healing addon. It's possible to use it but I really wouldn't recommend. Try VuhDo - here's the guide, and this is how it looks in raid (green frames in the middle):

Spoiler

Hi I am new here and so far I love the ELVui addon, I only have 2 things which are driving me crazy, and I've looked all night for the answers or how to disable / fix them.

I am trying to find a way to hide the "Raid Control" icon when I am in a raid /  party and I have been unsucessfull on removing this.

The second thing is on the bottom right hand corner of my UI you will see the name of the player, gearscore, and the health bar with the color of the class. Is there a way to remove the health bar of whoever you are hovering over so it looks close to default as possible? 

thank you!

https://gyazo.com/eda60db375042067c61ad947834b5eb4

18 hours ago, huntrix said:

Hi I am new here and so far I love the ELVui addon, I only have 2 things which are driving me crazy, and I've looked all night for the answers or how to disable / fix them.

I am trying to find a way to hide the "Raid Control" icon when I am in a raid /  party and I have been unsucessfull on removing this.

The second thing is on the bottom right hand corner of my UI you will see the name of the player, gearscore, and the health bar with the color of the class. Is there a way to remove the health bar of whoever you are hovering over so it looks close to default as possible? 

thank you!

https://gyazo.com/eda60db375042067c61ad947834b5eb4

Hello!

1. To disable Raid Control, go to ... ElvUI\modules\misc\raidUtility.lua file, open it in Wordpad and jump to

--Check if We are Raid Leader or Raid Officer
local function CheckRaidStatus()
    local inInstance, instanceType = IsInInstance()
    if ((IsInGroup() and not IsInRaid()) or UnitIsGroupLeader('player') or UnitIsGroupAssistant("player")) and not (inInstance and (instanceType == "pvp" or instanceType == "arena")) then
        return
true
    else
        return false
    end

Change 'true' to 'false' - worked for me today.

2. What you see in the bottom right corner is a Tooltip. If you want it in the classic Blizzard style, go to ElvUI config and uncheck 'Enable' in 'Tooltip' line of the menu.

Hi!

I would like to hide my main actionbar when not in combat. I am using this macro "[vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; show [combat] show; hide" but it doesn´t work. Any advice u could give me to fix that?

Thx!

5 hours ago, Belagor said:

Hi!

I would like to hide my main actionbar when not in combat. I am using this macro "[vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; show [combat] show; hide" but it doesn´t work. Any advice u could give me to fix that?

Thx!

I'm not sure what do you mean by macro here, you should type this into the 'Visibility State' window of your Action Bar.

The right syntax would be:

[vehicleui] hide; [overridebar] hide; [petbattle] hide; [nocombat] hide; show;

Thank you for the easy step by step installation instructions. I can't wait to play with my new ui! I was able to get it to load once. My game crashed and now I can't log back in- I get a 134 error. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

18 hours ago, Bloo333 said:

Thank you for the easy step by step installation instructions. I can't wait to play with my new ui! I was able to get it to load once. My game crashed and now I can't log back in- I get a 134 error. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about it but it has nothing to do with ElvUI :(

Looks like there's some problem on US servers today with a lot of people experience this error.

Blizzard reaction is here.

• Like 1

Hey, 

Random one. I cant set up grid because when i have it where i want it and then right click it to configure the ui is over where grid is and i cant see it to configure it. 

1st pic is where i want grid 2nd is what happens when i try to configure it

Any suggestions?

WoWScrnShot_081016_215810.jpg

WoWScrnShot_081016_215913.jpg

Edited by kingymech
added pictures

11 minutes ago, kingymech said:

Hey, 

Random one. I cant set up grid because when i have it where i want it and then right click it to configure the ui is over where grid is and i cant see it to configure it. 

1st pic is where i want grid 2nd is what happens when i try to configure it

Any suggestions?

Sorry, I wasn't able to understand what exactly you want to achieve :( On your second screenshot you are pointing at Grid addon while this thread is for ElvUI.

HI, 

yes its a Ui problem, how do i move the config box that is smack bang in the middle of my screen, and is there an option to access it whilst in combat, also i have ditched grid it was just there to show you the problem

Other than that its looking pretty sweet.

5 hours ago, kingymech said:

HI, 

yes its a Ui problem, how do i move the config box that is smack bang in the middle of my screen, and is there an option to access it whilst in combat, also i have ditched grid it was just there to show you the problem

Other than that its looking pretty sweet.

If you are talking about the window with 'Interface' on the top, it's the main game config window and you can't move it around without some specific addons. Neither you can access most of configurations during fights. 

It's still not a part of ElvUI. You can move ElvUI config window around on the screen holding and dragging it by the 'ElvUI' word on the top. It is not accessible during fights.

Hello!

Thank you for a great guide! I have one problem thought. I have two action bars of the same type. Like copies of everything. What can I do to fix this? 

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Liridon said:

Hello!

Thank you for a great guide! I have one problem thought. I have two action bars of the same type. Like copies of everything. What can I do to fix this? 

Thank you

Can you please post a screenshot of these bars in normal mode and anchors (the mode you use to move around ElvUI bars)

8 hours ago, Davix said:

Hello,

How can I remove the durability, time, gold at the bottom of the interface?

For example, this : e13caeebfe.png

Thank you !

Go to Datatext in the left menu, choose 'Panels' tab in the right side window, uncheck Datatext Panel (Left) and Datatext Panel (Right). You didn't post a full screenshot so I don't know which one of two it is.

34 minutes ago, Exkath said:

Is there a way to remove the minimap? Minimalist here. Just want it gone. Can you do this with ElvUI?

ElvUI config->General->Minimap tab in the right side window-> untick 'Enable'