FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Control Dragon Paladin

Guest Boutros

What do you think of running Onyxia as one of your big dragons and then squeezing in Bolvar somewhere, maybe for one of the belchers?  Seems like good synergy w/ Onyxia and Muster for Battle.

Guest Michael

I suggest removing 2 shredders and replacing them with 2 Azure Drakes. I found that they are a better fit for the deck as a whole.

1. they are dragons so they will help blackwings Corruptors effect.
2. they are also easy to summon with dragon consort at 3 mana cost - this main not be the main strategy but if you lack the late game cards at a 8 mana cost you get to summon 2 powerful dragons and draw a card.
3. Finally as this post mentioned the deck lacks drawing power which is crucial to insure that you get the right cards for late game.

Shredders are just too good to cut. The problem that people have run into when trying to build Dragon decks is that other non-dragon cards are *just better*, so the successful Dragon decks tend to be the ones like this that keep the Dragon synergy to a minimum and use an otherwise successful core. If it's working for you though, then absolutely run with it.

Guest Guest

i really struggle with this deck against handlock can you explain the strategy against that specific encounter.

Guest pally champ

I have found that I am facing a lot of argo decks and struggling to last against them. Is there any cards you would swap to help?

You can cut some of the late-game for Zombie Chows or Argus, but this deck is always going to be pretty vulnerable to Aggro because it plays a very high curve.

Guest Johnson

If i want to put Harrison Jones in this deck, what would be a good card to take out?

Guest Johnson

If i want to use Harrison Jones, what would be a good card to take out?

Guest Humberto

What about kel'thuzad instead of chromaggus? I know it's not a dragon, but with the amount of minions I keep getting on the board, it seems like it could be a good finisher, and chromaggus hasn't given me much value.

Guest Jonny5

This is just a garbage deck.  I've played ranked matches over and over and over, literally 48 hours straight and I went from rank 6 to rank 16, and I am still dropping.  This isn't deck isn't worth the time it took to read.

Guest Gustaf

This deck is incredibly fun to play, i dont have Yzera, and i recently got Alextraza so i tried to put her in instead. It turned out as a big succes, in severel scenarios my opponent have had 25-30 health getting to the 7-9 mana mark. Dropping Alextraza and putting them at 15 will then put you in a very favorable spot, it will also come as a total suprise for the opponent. In many of those scenarios you will also likely have a few minions on the board already, making you able to put your opponent from 30 to 10 in one swing. I highly recommend some of you try it! ( Sorry in case of bad english )

Guest Olufsson

Just bought BrM and having lot of fun with this deck! Only cards that I don't have are Ysera and Dr Boom, which I have replaced with Alexstrasza (good for surprise nukes and late game health tactics) and Defender of Argus for countering aggro decks. Currently at rank 8, could be even higher if I wasn't such an impatient player. Anyways, thanks for this!

Guest Anonymous

I don't have the paladin legendary, what would you suggest for a replacement?

Guest Kelben

I don't have the paladin legendary, what would you suggest for a replacement?

I am not an expert player but I have been playing this deck for some time (except Ysera which I do not have, I replaced her with Loatheb, that works well overall), and Tirion is a huge addition to the deck, that's undeniable because it has immediate value and is super useful in later turns and it cannot be BGHed, and it can get you back into the game if you are late. The only strong card that does more or less the same in terms of comeback is Dr.Boom which is already in the deck. You could try another dragon (Alex or Onyxia) or maybe Ragnaros, but you really should craft tirion asap if you intend to play paladin, because it s core in nearly every paladin deck

Guest rhoni

I've been testing out this deck with the new twilight guardians instead of shredders, and chillmaw instead of one equality, and it seems pretty decent. The only a issue seems to be getting a bad starting hand against faster decks, but I guess that's to be expected from a deck with such high a curve. Still the extra taunts help to offset that a bit

Yeah honestly, I just don't think Pally is the right place for the Dragon deck anymore, I think they're just outclassed by Priest, Warlock and Warrior at least, perhaps Mage as well.

Sign in to follow this