FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Bloodlust Shaman BrM

Guest Guest

dropped from 4 to 8 rank using this deck...over 700 wins with shaman... I can't see how this deck works in this all fast pace or nothing meta. Haven't won once. Maybe I'm crazy

Guest Lando

Why not shredder over firegaurd ? It's more annoying and no overload. Also, what about hogger?

Link broken again smile.png (.local domain)

Fixed, thank you!

Guest himegoto

this feels like a bad clone from the druid's savage roar combos.

in no way will the opponent let you host a board of minions let's say more than 3 or 4, unless they are playing really passivelyt. and not much removals for your minions to stay alive long enough. Also hex gets in the way when you want to face so crackles mostly ends up removing strong enemy minions.

I am not feeling this deck yet

Guest Swift

Since I don't have the BRM expansion, I use shredders in this deck. Is that alright?

Since I don't have the BRM expansion, I use shredders in this deck. Is that alright?

Yeah, should be fine.

Boom is particularly good in this deck because of the 3 minions for Bloodlust, but the general answer is just "another big card", something that you have at the top of the curve to function as a late-game threat.

Guest Aest

Hello, would playing 2 bloodlust be a good idea? Most of the times during mid game my board is maxed out but I just cannot finish him off so much so that he catches up and kills me instead

2 Bloodlust is too greedy in my opinion, the potential for having dead cards in your hand and not curving out well is too high.

What "big card" can substitute for Dr. Boom? (Sylvanas, Doomhammer, any of the BrM and Naxx legendaries) Thanks! 

Yes. :P

When I say "another big card" it's because its impossible to know what cards people have access to, especially when they're missing a card like Dr. Boom. Kel'Thuzad, Sylvanas, Piloted Sky Golem, Cairne etc. All reasonable choices.

Guest Niggiface

so i tried this one out, replaced dr. boom (which i dont have) with neptulon

works ok for me, no loss could have been prevented with dr. boom so far...

i'll keep twerking till it fits me, but up to now no complaints

this feels like a bad clone from the druid's savage roar combos.

in no way will the opponent let you host a board of minions let's say more than 3 or 4, unless they are playing really passively. and not much removals for your minions to stay alive long enough. Also hex gets in the way when you want to face so crackles mostly ends up removing strong enemy minions.

I am not feeling this deck yet

I just have to agree with this. It is so hard to maintain a board presence until you draw into bloodlust, by the time you do draw it all your minions are dead already. What should I take out for a second earth shock? Whenever I do get bloodlust at the right time, my opponent plays a sludge belcher and I have to trade inefficiently to get rid of it and my opponent then wipes my board and then bloodlust is useless because now i don't have a second earth shock. Also, in the late game, if you have mana left over, do you drop zombie chow? If it dies then you can't kill your opponent because of the heal but on the other hand I want to use my mana efficiently and have more board presence. Can Antique Healbot fit into this deck? It helps you survive after you stabilize against an aggro deck. What should I take out for it? Thanks! 

Guest doctorlinux

I am enjoying this deck.  I most recently swapped out 2 Haunted Creeper for 2 Totem Golem.  Too early to tell but I like the change so far.

I asked the world's most interesting man about this deck...

"I don't always draw Bloodlust but when I do, GAME OVER"

Thank you, I love reading your guides and this is my 3rd deck I've played of yours.  Keep up the good work!

First, I want to thank the team here at IV for putting together a solid collection of knowledge, tips, and decks for the community to use and learn from.  I know it is time consuming to keep up with the content as the game is always in a state of meta flux and Bliz gives us new content often enough to make a job out of it.

With that out of the way... I should set the stage a bit and explain that I have only been really playing Hearthstone ranked play seriously for a few seasons.  Have never reached legend, and have had a struggle at climbing consistently.  I find the decks here help, but the knowledge of the opponent class, anticipating the moves coming and the best possible choice one can make given every situation is something that only comes with practice and time, so I don't think that the choice of decks is as significant as the player's ability to maximize the hand dealt at any given time.

The bloddlust shaman deck presented here, however, has never produced a positive win rate for me ever.  I have since found a different deck to really be formidable in the current meta and averages a 70% win rate, even with my own game learning curve taken into consideration.

The deck is as follows:

2 Earth Shock

2 Rickbiter Weapon

2 Zombie Chow

2 Flametongue Totem

2 Haunted Creeper

2 Totem Golem

2 Hex

2 Lightning Storm

1 Mana Tide Totem

2 Tuskarr Totemic

1 Defender of Argus

2 Draenei Totemcarver

2 Piloted Shredder

2 Bloodlust

2 Thunder Bluff Valiant

2 Fire Elemental

I know that the thoughts from the IV team are that 2 Bloodlust is greedy, but only one has proven to leave me hunting for it too far into the game.  I simply have not been able to count on it coming in a timely fashion with any regularity.  Additionally, having the board clear combo of the Wrath of Air Totem and Lightning Storm can really help vs. Paladin and other zoo classes.  It fairs well against control as it has the ability to put a large number of minions on the board quickly and has many burst damage options.  finally, the ability to use either the Fire Elementals or Totemcarvers with ample totems on the board produces four large bodies which often draw the point removal of the opposign class.  They can also double as later game protection when coupled with the Defender of Argus.

So I feel the need to ask... what is the team's take on a deck like this, how could it be improved to really enable me to take my play to the next level?  Additionally, what reading or research would you suggest I consider to elevate my play and expedite the learning process?

Many thanks in advance, and I hope this helps someone else find the fun in playing Shaman as it is a class not to be underestimated or overlooked.

TIA

- Ape

As a follow-up to my previous post.  Here is tonight's performance of the deck listed above:

vs Legend Deamon Warlock (L)
vs Control ? Warrior (W)
vs Ramp Druid (W)
vs Dragon Priest (W)
vs Oil Rogue (W)

I used my toads too early and the game quickly spiraled out of control for me as he was able to go from 8 health in turn 7 (I had almost 30) to Twisting Nether turn 8 to Lord Jaraxxus turn 9 and I never recovered.  Game was over in turn 11.  The others were decisive wins as I was able to control the board, build a solid platform for my buffs and seal the win decisively.

I am certain that more game play review would show some decisions that might have been sub optimal but nothing that was obvious to me and really noteworthy as I can remember.  What do you guys at IV use for game / performance tracking?  Do you just record gameplay and review it?  Do you use any tools?  Curious as to the best way to better my post game review for self improvement.

Guest SS451

BigApe, I like your list, and I'm going to try it out. I do think I'll swap out one Thunder Bluff Valiant for Al'Akir, though--he creates an additional potential win condition, and possibly saves you in a late-game face race long enough to get down a board of 3+ minions to get value from Bloodlust.

The general problem with all totem synergy decks is that competent players prioritize killing totems, and you don't have totem-independent threats to draw their attention until about Turn 6.

Sign in to follow this