Damien

Wizard: Wand of Woh Build

46 posts in this topic

It would be more effectiv if you get a Tal Rasha off-hand and replace the ring for set require reduction with the elemental ring. The off-hand gives you more meteor dmg. And the ring (used in the cube only as passive) goes up to 200% more dmg for each element it rolls. If you put as fire dmg desintegration with more width and get on some items % fire dmg and on top roll on the ring fire dmg... then you can crit sometimes 1-2.000.000.000 with low quality items ;).
You need to build up the 4 charges (first ice, arcane, lightning and then use fire with desintegration to build up an distructiv combo) the desintegration kills all small stuff and the meteor crashes your blue, purple, yellow enemys with a loud bang.

Pls excuse my bad english i am used to not speak it very often.

you missed the offhand in the guide but noted that you use tal's offhand in the starting passage.

if that is so - what is the point in using rorg in kunai?

If Cindercoat is cubed, what do you wear for a chest piece?

Or does the cubed Cindercoat + equipped Cindercoat stack?

They do not, so please forgive the temporary state of the section in the build. :) It will be fixed shortly to accommodate the new Tal Rasha meta that mixes it with the Delsere set.

They do not, so please forgive the temporary state of the section in the build. smile.png It will be fixed shortly to accommodate the new Tal Rasha meta that mixes it with the Delsere set.

I'm guessing you use Royal Ring of Grandeur & Cindercoat powers, which could let you run 6-set Tal Rasha + 4-set Delsere together.

I'm guessing you use Royal Ring of Grandeur & Cindercoat powers, which could let you run 6-set Tal Rasha + 4-set Delsere together.

Correct!

I really like this build, although its hard as hell to teleport on the console version (where I have been playing), as you cant "point" where the teleport lands, just the direction, as the distance is fixed.

Anyway, any chance we get to see an upgraded version of this build? 

Thanks in advance, great job.

Anyway, any chance we get to see an upgraded version of this build?

We might see a revision of the either the Tal Rasha set or the complementary items for the build in patch 2.4 (out in a few weeks), which makes me hopeful! :)

It's labeled Aether Walker Build, but it doesn't appear to use the Aether Walker.

It's labeled Aether Walker Build, but it doesn't appear to use the Aether Walker.

I noticed that right away too. Because of the build name, I felt obligated to use AW to teleport around. It worked great.

Your info about the Sage variation is slightly off. You don't HAVE to use the Tal Rasha belt and drop Goldwrap/Hoarder combo for it. There's two options:

1) The one you outlined: pick up Tal Rasha belt and drop Goldwrap/Hoarder, use Orb of Infinite Depth for the offhand (+20% dmg/60% dmg reduction pseudo perma since the whole build is about EB), and use any shoulders mentioned.

2) Pick up Tal Rasha off-hand for the lacking piece instead. You do lose 20% damage (since Firebird's offhand has 20% fire dmg prerolled), but you get to keep your immortality via Goldwrap/Hoarder.

I absolutely prefer option 1 and that's the one you have in the guide, don't get me wrong, not advertising a worse build here. But your clear speed with this build won't be affected much at all by a single 20% modifier, and the option to keep Goldwrap/Hoarder is there, so saying it's not is just wrong.

Isnt this the build that quin69 came up with live on stream with one of the veiwers?

Hey Deadset,

great build. Put it together today after my Desintegrate build got boring. Works like a charm!

Any tips on how to modify this build for speed GR?
Or is it not viable? If not, what Wiz build do you recommend for speed GRs?

Cheers

Nice guide!

But why Pauldrons of the Skeleton King for the DB farm ?

Hey Deadset,

great build. Put it together today after my Desintegrate build got boring. Works like a charm!

Any tips on how to modify this build for speed GR?

Or is it not viable? If not, what Wiz build do you recommend for speed GRs?

Cheers

Energy Twister 

I'm using the Sage's version of this build and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm just getting destroyed at T10.  Trash is smoking me and I have full ancients on all Tal's pieces and 1 of the sages. 

guest_Cq are you missing goldwrap? that was my problem with the same issue

Yes I am not using goldwrap because I am using the sage's set and have to use the tal's belt to get the 6 piece bonus.  I've sort of built my own version of this that isn't built specifically for speed but to farm DB's exclusively. Still die but not so much as before.

Other issue is I think Tal Rasha has a way way steeper learning curve than the other wizard sets.  Still getting used to the play style but it's certainly fun.

Your info about the Sage variation is slightly off. You don't HAVE to use the Tal Rasha belt and drop Goldwrap/Hoarder combo for it. 

You are absolutely correct, I will revise the build to include the option of keeping the Goldwrap.

Thank you for the guide. Am having so much fun with this build right now.

I love this build. I started using it yesterday. Every once in awhile I end up with explosive blasts going off like a super fast machine gun. How am I doing that? That has to be some order of attacks that is achieving that effect. Do y'all know?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor