- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Uthedicia
  • Uthedicia
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationNorth Augusta, South Carolina
Hello, moderators and players at Icy Veins. Wonderful site you guys have, and I'm pleased that it is as comprehensive as it looks... as I use it for everything from leveling an alt to be raid ready, or my paladin to master it.

I was wondering if I should be capping haste at about 20% or 25% and then focus on mastery for retribution paladins? I know haste is a good statistic for HP generation and many other things but I often wonder if the other stats become increasingly better as you go higher up in haste percentages.

Here is a link to the armory on my paladin in case your answer is decided by numbers moreso than principle:

http://us.battle.net...edicia/advanced

Edited by Uthedicia, 01 January 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

The best vampire slayer... just missing that whip.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

NightShade
  • NightShade
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationOklahoma
Haste is going to help you more than most anything other than strength. For MoP right now I don't even think that you can get to a point where you are going to hit a wall with haste. One thing I did notice is that you are geming for hit and expertise when you could be using the gem slots to try and get strength or strength and another useful stat. If Strength>haste then reforging crit to hit or expertise and then using a strength based gem will be better off. You will loose some haste but gain more in a more powerful stat. You are also gemming for expertise and then reforging expertise to a different stat when you could have a gem with strength and haste in the same slots and then reforge crit.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Auracle
  • Auracle
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I haven't come across any haste breakpoints/plateaus/thresholds for ret paladins Uthedicia. As suggested in the fairly comprehensive guide on the Elitist Jerks forum, the difference between strength and haste as regards gemming is fairly close and you'll benefit from running personal sims to determine where you are for str:haste and therefor what to gem. Presuming that your haste weight is greater than half your str weight, you can feel safe with your current gemming. For reforging, I believe haste is king all the way, but there is a handy spreadsheet provided on the EJ forums which you can use to get stat weights for your own gear, and thus check to see if you should drop some haste in favor of mastery. Good luck :)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Uthedicia
  • Uthedicia
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationNorth Augusta, South Carolina
Thank you guys very much. I appreciate everything being said. I'm going to try to use Simcraft in conjunction with all this and see what happens but I'm not sure it'll come out right (kinda new to Simcraft or other DPS simulators). I'll likely have a different thread or something if I can't get anything to work.
Posted Image

The best vampire slayer... just missing that whip.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users