Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Odinn

wow Legendary Ring Questline - Chapter IV

8 posts in this topic

12665-legendary-ring-questline-chapter-i

Blizzard has released some of the details of the story and progress of how you will go about working on the final chapter of the legendary ring questline. The Patch 6.2 details are below.

Blizzard Icon The Road Ahead: Legendary Ring Questline

The road ahead is fraught with embers and blood, as it was before—so it goes and ever goes. . . .

You’ve survived a long and dangerous journey thus far on Draenor. One portal has been destroyed within Tanaan Jungle . . . but Gul’dan and the twisted remains of the Iron Horde still strive to open another portal into Azeroth. You’ve allied with powerful forces to counter these nefarious plans, including the Archmage Khadgar. His efforts to fight the rising power of Gul’dan have presented countless new challenges and powerful rewards—but only for those stalwart enough to take on his formidable tasks.

Follow along with us, won’t you, as we walk you through the next—and final—chapter in Warlords of Draenor’s Legendary Ring quest line, culminating in Patch 6.2. And if you’re just getting started—or want to pick up where you left off—we’ve put together a guide of the journey so far.

6.2 SPOILERS BELOW!

Patch 6.2: Chapter IV: Darkness Incarnate

Acquire your legendary ring by completing Khadgar’s quests.

The Final Assault

The campaign on Draenor has been taxing and perilous, but there’s more that needs to be done. In the quest The Final Assault, you’re asked to head back to your Garrison to await further instructions from Archmage Khadgar. Ominous news is spreading that Gul’dan has taken over what remains of the Iron Horde—as if history is doomed to repeat itself despite the valiant efforts of the Horde and the Alliance forces. To face this evolving threat, you’ll need to ready yourself to go back to Tanaan Jungle.

GWB2LZ2WU9G81433374563157.jpg

You’re going to need a bigger boat to get to Tanaan, and are soon tasked to build a Shipyard in your Garrison to get you there. You’ll also be able to build a fleet and send ships out on missions to help turn the tide of the war.

Khadgar will meet you at your new dock to explain the next steps to earning your ring and putting a stop to Gul’dan’s nefarious machinations. First, you’ll need to work on Upgrading your shipyard to Level 2 and then take on legendary shipyard missions until you earn the draenic sea chart. Khadgar also wants you to venture into Hellfire Citadel within the heart of Tanaan Jungle for the quest We Don’t Need No Library Card, which tasks you with collecting Tomes of Chaos.

4AVG0ZRQ6QN51433374563127.jpg

Once you’ve collected the tomes, it’s time to start Cooking the Books—or at least it would be if Cordana would cooperate and burn them as she should. Sometimes, if you want to get something done though, you’ve got to do it yourself. You’ll have to fight Cordana to stop her from keeping the books and taking your precious, precious ring.

7VAZBV591U5F1433374563381.jpg CXYK804U6O2N1433374563422.jpg

B5JMKT2C2KZK1433374563707.png

FUIXBSZIM9Z01433374563635.png

55K0HVKRNPZR1433374563616.png

HV0WWR8864SF1433374563531.png

MKZLC3VB5ELB1433374563527.png

Once Cordana is defeated, Alliance characters will meet with Yrel to receive K’ara’s blessing, and Horde characters will meet with Drek’thar to receive a blessing of the elements. You’ll also receive your shiny new Legendary ring. You’re going to need it for what you have to do next. There’s just one thing left to do: go after Gul’dan.

2F7XXG0E2J5H1433374563497.png

Once Gul’dan has been defeated, you’ll earn the Chapter IV: Darkness Incarnate achievement, and gain a new monument for your Garrison.

IS5CT3OTV3M81433374563392.jpg22NL7XLRBUIM1433374563374.jpg

Horde and Alliance Garrison Monuments

After all of that work, we won’t blame you if you crack open a celebratory Kaja’Cola by your monument as you gaze at your lovely new ring. You deserve it.

Are you looking forward to completing your legendary ring in 6.2? Hoping Blizzard introduces a catch-up mechanic for alts/newer players? Let us know in the comments.

The gimmicky effect's are not my cup of tea...And are these really on-use? Do the effects stack or will the dps for example just keep cycling their rings for max raid uptime?? What is going on!?!

@Drafty53 Everyone shares the CD for their respective group for the ring. It is kinda like lust where one person activates it and everyone gets the buff for the duration.

The ring effects are sort of a mixed bag for me. While I agree an actual manual activation vs. random proc (ala pandaland cloak) is somewhat nicer, its the shared effect that I'm not huge on. Different classes deal out damage differently and have different burst phases. I also very much can see "NO RING, NO GROUP" happening when trying to PUG. The scaling of Hellfire was done without taking the rings into consideration so I imagine a group of full ring wearers will be able to nuke down bosses faster or cheese mechanics.

I guess the biggest let down however, is the rings don't really grant the player something they don't already have. From a dps perspective the ring effect is effectively the Frost DK Tier 17 4 piece bonus. Do more damage and then after words deal more damage based upon what is already done. I guess they were really proud with that design. With the cloaks we got something new, Melee got some crazy cleave, Ranged got to puke dragon fire all over the place, healing cloak was really nice and your overhealing (which was a big thing in pandaland) got redistributed. These were really interesting an different effects that made you feel strong, and it felt like you had a new power, something was augmented.

The shared ring thing just doesn't give that legendary humph feeling. Although I love the class it feels more enhancement shammy then anything. Yeah you are doing damage but nothing feels overwhelmingly powerful or rewarding.

TL;DR.   Pandaria legendary quest reward= Giant Explosion Firework of happiness.  Wurlurds legendary quest reward = a sparkler

They do need a bigger catch up tool after the first couple of weeks of 6.2.You can only get an extra couple of stones/runes as it is now, but it doesnt really speed us the process.

They do need a bigger catch up tool after the first couple of weeks of 6.2.You can only get an extra couple of stones/runes as it is now, but it doesnt really speed us the process.

They just recently tweeted that the garrison quest for stones/runes will appear much more frequently to help catch people up. So, right now I think Max i've seen two a week so maybe we can expect 4+. 

Although underwhelming I think its "ok", given the fact they want a legendary for everyone including alts.  Sadly it's just another sign of wanting to progress the game to the masses.  Let's just hope theres something a bit different next expac

They just recently tweeted that the garrison quest for stones/runes will appear much more frequently to help catch people up. So, right now I think Max i've seen two a week so maybe we can expect 4+. 

Yeah, that was in answer to my question. Glad to see they're improving the acquisition rate!