FORUMS

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone had any tipps or best practice experience for small raid sizes.

Just to put this into context our guild is pretty bad to average, we barely managed to down 9/10H last tier and went into the raid with ilvl around 685. Raidsize varies between 10 and 17, 3 hours a week. We pretty much 1 shot the first 4 on normal with maybe 1 wipe on council but when we tried Kilrogg we ran into some trouble. I'm not saying he is difficult or anything, but it sometimes got pretty messy.

We only were 10 players, so we started with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 melee and 4 ranged. We should have killed him after a couple a pulls but we usually made a dumb mistake during the fight and didnt recover.

One of the problems was that with Heartseeker and Visions 40% of the raid are occupied with mechanics while (or shortly before) adds spawn and the fight got a little hectic then. We switched to solo tanking him which made the fight a whole lot smoother, but i'm looking for any advice on how to make this fight a little bit more stable with a small raid (other than "get better"). Positioning, how to send down and stuff like that. We usually send down 2 dps (1 melee) and 1 heal, prioritizing players with heartseeker debuff to reduce incoming dmg but tried different combinations.

I'm sure after a few more pulls he'll be down, but maybe there is something to make it ever easier.

Thx guys

edit: went in again with a group of 10, those with a lower probibility of dumb fails and killed him with 1/2/7 after 2 pulls. Still awkward ...

Edited by Scrounger

Hey, and gratz on the kill, will still respond with things you might be able to use for next time;

With a smaller raid size, it would make sense to placed the ranged camp far away from Kilrogg. This minimizes movement that the Heart Seeker needs to do, places the raid members far away from Kilrogg from the get-go (reducing Death Throes damage), places Blood Globules far away by default, and places the raid as a whole closer to the spawns of the Salivating Bloodthirsters.

The downside is that healers will have a long way to run when cleansing the melee and ranged camps.

As for sending people down, you can stick to the guide in this respect. That is to say, strong single-target DPS to deal with the adds with the damage buff. Hunters are particularly good, as they can DPS while moving (and dealing with the adds you're having trouble with).

Guest Reynesthan

The fel blood adds only spawn if the target of heart seeker has any fel corruption and thus is almost never seen on normal/heroic it can happen though one of our melee doe manage to spawn one when he was out of position killing a add and got targeted by the seeker

Guest Silvanti

It should be noted, a Mage's Evanesce cast right before blade seeker hits you will prevent the DoT from being applied.  A blood globules is still spawned.  I would guess this applies to similar abilities but have not tested this.

There is one inaccuracy in the guide, with respect to difficulty differences between Normal/Heroic and Mythic. It states in multiple places that Fel Blood Globule cannot be spawned outside of Mythic; this is not the case. If a player who has any amount of Fel Corruption, above zero, is hit by a Heart Seeker in Normal or Heroic (whether they were directly targeted by it, or were inadvertently hit,) will spawn a Fel Blood Globule, which behaves as expected, having significantly more health than a regular Globule, and healing Kilrogg for 15% of his health if it reaches him.

No logs from me, but I've got a couple of screenshots.

#1: Accidental Spawn

This one is a little chaotic, and the glob is mostly blocked by my UI, but it was spawned when our tank with Fel Corruption was hit by a Heart Seeker aimed at the Shaman.

#2: Targeted Spawn

This is much more clear, I was targeted by Heart Seeker while I had Fel Corruption, and when I was hit by it, a Fel Blood Globule spawned.

These were both taken during our piss-poor kill on Normal on 7/28/2015

Edited by Aelita

Sorry for the delayed response, but I'd just point out that the guide has been fixed (a good while ago). Hopefully, it's all correct now. Thanks everyone.

Guest Patrick

having trouble avoiding "shed" with tank mitigation.  Any chance of a list for each class of spells that work to help avoid getting "shred".

I have a Paladin and cant seem to avoid getting it, or at least sometimes avoiding it.

Thanks