Topic Details

Post your UI

72 replies to this topic Started by MadMonk, Jun 03 2012 10:53 AM UI addons screenshots
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
A classic thread on every WoW forum, just post a screenshot of your UI, maybe with a small explanation.

I use ElvUI with some plugins, vuhdo for raidframes, powerauras for the cooldowns, bigwigs for timers and that's about it.
Only just recently installed the raid cooldown tracker on the left, haven't raided with it yet so it's not in the correct position. I'll adjust that on wednesday.

P.S. One day I'll also move vuhdo and all my power auras a bit to the left, I think they're slightly too much to the middle, but I'm too lazy and haven't done it just yet.

Posted Image
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
ElvUI + Grid + Recount + Omen (the screenshot wasn't taken in combat, so many cool things are missing :P)

Posted Image

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
ElvUI + some random other stuff. Also, feel free to read the raid chat in this LFR group. He asked to me to give him the Insignia of the Corrupted Mind that I won. So I made him say something in raid chat first...
Posted Image

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
Nice one. Just a quick question, did you know that you can imbed skada/omen/recount... in the right chat frame? I don't have any of that turned on in main raids, but in 10-man raids I use them and I use the embed option which makes the addon cover the right chat frame. This saves space on the screen (I don't use the right chat during a raid anyway).
With Skada for example it looks something like this (I set it up in 2 frames, heal/damage for my healers, threat/damage for when I play DPS or tank)

Posted Image
Healer for Life!

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
I think I knew I could embed them on a previous build of ElvUI. I just haven't been arsed to do it lately. I probably should sine it looks cleaner either way. Especially since I have my omen and recount set up exactly like you do now, just not embedded in the right frame.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I didn't know! How could I miss out on such an awesome feature...

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Is ElvUi hard to setup? My UI is a bit of a mess since 4.1 when I changed computer, I've never really bothered sorting it all back out and I'm just running with bartender and grid. I'm always reluctant to have a large UI addon due to the hassle of setting it all up!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium
The first time you log in an install happens, chat frames get set in order, cVars(no idea what it is), unit frames..., you can even choose between healer, tank melee or ranged dps for th einstall process. After that it's mostly done and just requires some small tweaking to set it to your liking.

I actually use this compilation: AffinityUI which already has most of the addons I want, I just tweaked the power auras a bit, along with vuhdo and some datatext bars.
Healer for Life!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

HardBeatZ
  • HardBeatZ
  • Sergeant
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
Very Simplistic. Bartender -- Sexy Map -- CT Buff Mod -- Grid -- Omen (currently hidden) -- Recount -- Titan Panel -- X-Perl Unitframes -- Yury's Rune Display -- Blood Shield Tracker

Posted Image

Edited by HardBeatZ, 03 June 2012 - 09:07 PM.

Raid Leader - The Shadow Proclamation - Emerald Dream
http://us.battle.net...Squäll/advanced
http://the-shadow-pr...n.wowstead.com/

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Keeping it simple. Can't bother with addon packs anymore, the patch days are way too stressful :D
Posted Image

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
Let me dig out a good one... Wait, nah, I'll go take one...

Posted Image

There! Madness LFR in all its fiery glory. UI's FTW!

The raidframes do suck here; I raid 10's mostly, so my LFR frames aren't optimized =3

Raidframes: Vuh'do
Cooldown Timers: Power Auras
Player Frames: Pitbull
Other: Lots of other guff, list goes on forever :)

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
I won't post one because it is almost the same as Meukows! Only difference is I have recount and omen neatly on the right... I can't deal with much more information on the screen :)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
One thing a lot of people say is that too many UI addons make patch day stressful. I haven't had a single patch-day problem yet. Maybe this is overblown somewhat? :)

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium

One thing a lot of people say is that too many UI addons make patch day stressful. I haven't had a single patch-day problem yet. Maybe this is overblown somewhat? Posted Image

I don't think I've ever had any problems. Maybe that's because the US gets their patch earlier then we do in Europe and addon developers can update them quite fast. I also update all my addons right before I play the game after a new patch.
Even 4.2, 4.3 and the start of cataclysm went pretty smooth for me, because Blizzard allows addons towards the end of a beta/PTR testing period and all the good and very popular addons get updated during that time and are released when the patch is being applied.
Healer for Life!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

I don't think I've ever had any problems. Maybe that's because the US gets their patch earlier then we do in Europe and addon developers can update them quite fast. I also update all my addons right before I play the game after a new patch.
Even 4.2, 4.3 and the start of cataclysm went pretty smooth for me, because Blizzard allows addons towards the end of a beta/PTR testing period and all the good and very popular addons get updated during that time and are released when the patch is being applied.

The most popular ones are always quick to update for sure! The majority of addons still function fine if you just "load out of date" ones anyway.

It did used to annoy me having to re-download addons manually (does Curse client do it automatically?). Then a friend pointed out WoWMatrix and thats pretty much a one click button to update them all :) nice and handy

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
Curse doesn't have a one-button function unless you pay for it, I think. Guess they have to keep it funded somehow ^_^

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Nyxxiana
  • Nyxxiana
  • Footman
  • LocationSilver Hand ....or Virginia, take your pick :)
The Curse CLient is free, and scans for updates for your addons every time you log in, quite easy actually........my UI is boring.....im a Rogue...... I use DBM and Recount.........not much there huh? otherwise when im just out and about doing my normal stuffs its Gatherer, NPC Scan and NPC Scan overlay..... im pretty simple, and like to play it as its given to me for the most part......... But i DO have a confession........ I used the Icy-Veins Class Guid to tweak my Rogue and make her a better DPS-er, breaking my rule of playing it MY WAY lol... i was happy to see that for the most part, my talent tree was set up almost exactly the way you guys had it, with only a few small changes, it made me feel pro :P And my rotation only needed tweaking to add one change. i was actually grinning ear to ear and saying YAY!!!! im not as big a looser as i thought! now back to UI....... so yeah, recount. DBM. and i only use DBM occasionally because otherwise it slows down my framerate to 4fps.......not good.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK

The Curse CLient is free, and scans for updates for your addons every time you log in, quite easy actually

Yes, but you have to press "update" on every single addon. What I was talking about is their "premium" feature which updates everything. :)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Crixalis
  • Crixalis
  • Squire
I'm aiming for a simple UI so that it doesn't clutter my whole screen, and here is it:

Posted Image

I use Dominos, Prat, Grid, Xforcist, Decursive, Titan Panel, along with another addons.

By the way, MadMonk, how do you split the Recount into two so that you can see healing and the DPS at same time? I'd like a way to monitor both.

Posted Image

Alts: Morado - Restarch (currently main)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
That's a nice one Crix! Do you use any kind of Power Auras type addons? It's always good to show with Auras up as well, to get a feel for it in action ^_^

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users