FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[General] Hellfire Citadel - Normal, Heroic, Mythic

Here we will be discussing any tips, tricks, strategies you may have for Druids going into the 6.2 raid tier, Hellfire Citadel.

All information here assume HEROIC, unless otherwise labeled with a [MYTHIC] tag

Hellfire Assault
Iron Reaver
Kormrok
Hellfire High Council
Kilrogg Deadeye
Gorefiend
Shadow-Lord Iskar
Fel Lord Zakuun
Socrethar the Eternal
Xhul'horac
Tyrant Velhari
Mannoroth
Archimonde

Hellfire Assault

Uhmmm... Do stuff?  There's adds, and damage to heal. and stuff.  I don't really know what this fight was doing.

Boomkin advice by Tequima

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Iron Reaver

Dodge Barrage.  Spread out. Simple fight. Raid cooldowns on pounding AoE stuff

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Kormrok

Make sure you're near your group when the grasping hands happen, and get pulled the same way as everyone else. DO NOT STACK ON EACH OTHER, THEY DO SPLASH DAMAGE..

Displacer Beast across the waves help a lot when purple is empowered.

AoE cooldowns on Pound mostly.

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Hellfire High Council

Restoration:

If you want to be the only one that dispels, you can get the double dispel glyph, but really just get help from one other person and call out who to dispel.  This mechanic basically works like Wrack from Heroic Sinestra, Let the debuff stay on the target for as LONG AS POSSIBLE.  For my group, we were able to only dispel the original 2 debuffs and maybe one more before Reap happened, which wipes the debuff and starts over.  The rest of the fight, I'm not really sure what happened... we kinda killed it too fast and our raid leader was mad cause we 1 shot it.

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Kilrogg Deadeye

NEED TO TEST URSOL'S VORTEX ON ADDS

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Restoration:

Ideally you want to send a Disc priest and or resto shaman down into the other realm.  Druids are good at healing it, but a shaman and Disc will get a bit more value out of the buff with their mastery / cooldowns.  If you are one of the top 2 healers in your guild, consider first how bad your resto shaman is before putting yourself in there.  Maybe you need the worst player to go down so you can handle the raid damage going up and have his work a bit more.  If you go down, enjoy upwards of 80% healing increase (the one time I went down i was able to get 190% lol). Although, once your buff has 30s left, the extra healing really isn't necessary and you're just wasting time that you could have on the boss platform.  Once you see you have 30s~ or so left on your buff, just let yourself die to leave the realm.

Gorefiend

Restoration:

What my group does on heroic is healers call out when they go down into the stomach. On 25~ man it seemed to always pick 2 healers, we were running 5 heals (druid, monk, paladin, 2 shaman). So what we did was prioritize the shamans down there to heal the add and just have the other person leave instantly, you only really need 1 person down there at a time and our hots are too weak to really fill the health of the add.  If you are assigned to heal the add, make use of a lot of regrowth / swiftmend and even Genesis.  Try to only use 1 healing cooldown (prefer shaman cooldowns) during phase one and just chain everything you have for feast of souls. FoS lasts 60s, so make it last. 

Guardian Tips by Flaick

Shadow-Lord Iskar

It is HIGHLY important you know what role the eye has in the fight. There are 4 mechanics you need to be aware of that the Eye negates. Phantasmal Winds (Phantasmal Wounds is negligible), Fel Bombs, Fel Conduit, and Phantasmal Corruption.  For the majority of the fight, once you finish with a mechanic, pass the Eye to the 2 predesignated healers to get ready for the next mechanic

Phantasmal Winds: This debuff will push people off the platform, it is important that you throw the Eye to anyone with this debuff ASAP. It is the only way to get rid of it without dying. AS a druid you can use Dash, Displacer Beast, and Stampeding Roar to try to avoid getting knocked off, but its not always reliable.

Fel Bomb: This can only be dispelled by a healer who is holding the Eye. It is cast when Corrupted Talonpriests are active in the fight.

Fel Conduit: This is a cast by the Shadowfel Warden, that can only be interrupted by someone holding the eye.  While any body with an interrupt can do this, it is best if your healers are ready to perform this job due to the other mechanics happening a healer can handle both the interupt and the dispelling at the same time.

Phantasmal Corruption: Is used by the Fel Raven at the very end of the fight.  It is SUPER IMPORTANT for you to give the eye to the tank that tanking the raven, otherwise you will suffer a ton of raid damage.

Restoration:

Unfortunately we don't have skull bash any more, nor do we have the ability to glyph Fae Silence. Much, to my disappointment I had to delegate to other people to handle Eye of Anzu duty to people with much slower reaction times than I.  The best you can do is hold it for bombs but during the second phase 2, there will be bombs AND conduit happening pretty close together.

Fel Lord Zakuun

There's nothing really 'Druid specific' you can do here, Find something in your raid group that is lacking, either soaking pillars or soaking waves and do that.  If you find people are having a hard time intercepting waves from the pillars, don't soak pillars and intercept the waves and vice versa. Its probably not a good idea for Melee to soak pillars though.  The waves from the boss might instantly kill you or someone else.

Socrethar the Eternal

Xhul'horac

Tyrant Velhari

Mannoroth

Archimonde

Balance Druid PoV

Speccing into Nature's Vigil for early progress helps out the healers at the pinch points

Hellfire Assault - Getting specific adds down in time is key. AoE/MD to nibble away EXCEPT when an add is about to metamorphose and a vehicle is up/due. To reduce movement, work out where you need to be to hit the next vehicle (prio).

Iron Reaver - For Barrage and dodging Displacer Beast is your friend

High Council - mainly a single target fight, bar the Blades adds (M-D)

Kilrogg - Ursol's Vortex works on the orcs. Use Faerie Swarm on the bloods

Gorefiend - Stomach nice- Starfall, dot Constructs (skeles) and Faerie Swarm to slow them from reaching the centre. Displacer on outside if you are targeted / need to reach rooted - use to get back from Doom, but avoid on the way out unless you are VERY sure of the distance... Barkskin & NV in Souls phase.

As a Guardian druid i find that the following talents are a real help in the following fights.

Hellfire Assault

Ursol's Vortex: Handy to keep adds together. when you have more then one driud in the raid you can chain them on every add drop so the don't run of to easy to the cannons
Consider using Guardian of Elune or Pulverize

If people or unable to interupt the repairs then use Typhoon.
Iron Reaver

Cenarion ward and Bristling fur
Kormrok

Cenarion ward and Bristling fur (for the hand phase using SI-BF-SI) by then the big hand should be killed.
Hellfire High Council

For guardian: When tanking the 2 melee bosses using Guardian of Elune. When tanking Dia use Pulverize and Cenarion ward 
Kilrogg Deadeye

A lot of melee here so either go for Pulverize or Guardian of Elune and Cenarion ward 
Gorefiend

Go for Pulverize or Bristling Fur. Because you might need to help out on the adds you wont be able to use Pulverize as much as you would like also think of using Ysera's Gift instead of Cenarion Ward because of the high amount of raid wide damage and i thought i saw it heal the adds inside Gorefiend aswell (not 100% sure)

Edited by Flairck

Feral Druid PoV

Hellfire assault:

Hellfire assault is hell for most feral druids, knowledge of your AoE rotation is key to be of any help in this encounter. Use bursts on the focus add at start and on cooldown (with berserk) for extra swipes on groups of adds. Be aware of incoming machinery that needs to be downed or otherwise it will shatter your raids defences, don't get on the melee-damaging machine.

Iron Reaver:

Pretty easy fight, maintain rotation on boss, dodge Barrage and make sure you're not hit by Blitz. On intermission move out with artillery on you and help your teammembers by using your stampeding roar. Focus damage on bombs (#1 reason Iron Reaver fights will wipe).

Komrok:

Komrok is a bit tricky for feral druids as it is not very burst-friendly. Use your burst when comes out of the first pool in order to use it's maximum potential. Tricky point is that it won't allign with your trinkets. Use trash on dragging hands (if stacked up) and nuke your own down. Maintain rotation on boss and you should be good.

I'll add more once approved by moderator.

I just wanted to note that Ursol's Vortex does work on adds for Kilrogg.  Also we tend not to send disc priests down because the buff doesn't include absorbs.  We usually send our druid heals down (me and another) because we're very good in there.  With mushroom down, double rejuvs, swiftmend, genesis, and nature's touch (plus 4p is nice) we always get to 20 stacks.

When to Tranq! (assuming you don't have your CDs set up by a raid leader)

Hellfire Assault (honestly I mostly DPS this fight)

I try to save tranq for when the demo [EDIT: had the wrong vehicle name] comes out if nothing goes wrong.  But if you are progressing in this fight or if for whatever reason you get multiple felcasters out and are taking a lot of damage that would be a good time to use it as well.

Iron Reaver
Pounding, it's a good idea to set up CDs with the other healers for this fight or at least wait a second to see if anyone else uses theirs so they don't overlap

Council
I used to use it on the first wailing horror and could get another one in during the last phase (dia only) but we kill it so fast I just save it for the end now

Kromrok
Not a lot of heavy aoe damage going out on this fight but you can use it for his pound ability or dragging hands if you don't have a shaman totem or priest bubble down.

Gorefiend
Feast of souls - again it would be good to coordinate with other healers or just be aware of when their CDs are up so you don't overlap

Iskar
Again not a lot of heavy aoe damage going out here if you're doing it right, but Focused Blast (during add phase) does a good chunk of damage especially if you have some stragglers not standing with the group.  I usually ignore the first and tranq for the second so I get more of the effect

Socrethar

When Gift of the Manaari comes out or during Apocolypse

Tyrant
If you want to try to fit two in you can use it on tempest in p1 and have it up for p3, however we've found that when we need most of the CDs is p2 when the edicts come out.  In our guild my set time for tranq is when we're coming out of p2 to top everyone off.  (That has been right at the 3 minute mark for us lately but if you're progressing or you have low dps you can maybe fit one in on the first tempest if you want to risk it.

Fel Lord Zakuun

Best time is when seeds come out.  This is a short fight so you'll only get one off.  I usually use mine when the seeds come out after enrage because our other healers use CDs during disarm phase.

Xhul'orac

Definitely for the final phase however all our recent kills are 4minutes 30seconds or so...so you could conceivably get another in within the first minute or so.  However there's little to no damage going out in phase 1

Mannoroth

This fight is the easiest fight for our guild somehow.  Not a lot of aoe damage going out but it is a long fight so you could conceivably use it during p1/2 and have it up again for p4.  Just use it whenever people are getting low.  Really depends on your group.  Maybe too many people stand in felseeker or an infernal lands in the middle of your dps pile or no one spreads out for fel hellstorm

Archimonde

Many opportunities in this fight.  We usually rotate CDs for p2 chains then have them back up again for the final phase  I like to use Heart of the Wild for this fight and stack it with my tranq at the end since the damage gets a bit crazy

Edited by Nyctei