FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Inner Fire Priest

Guest Guest

This deck is way too passive and reliant on lucky draws; and not just in this meta. I honestly don't get how you can have a high win-rate with this deck. The worst part is that on a lot of turns you just don't have anything to do. An OTK-deck without charge or spelldamage seems to be a poor strategy most of the time. This deck basically comes down to the choice between keeping your stealth guys stealthed and risking to be killed by fast decks or to start trading and risking your combo-pieces. Lightbomb comes way too late and actually sets you back with your combo. Deathlord would make this deck a lot better for climbing the ladder, because it's very effective against fast decks. But once you get to the point where people are using mid-range to control decks, it would suck again.

I don't like this deck at all.

Guest Jean-Luc

I actually like this deck even though I'm not great with it yet. I primarily play priest, so it's always fun to try out new priest decks. I think deathlord is a necessity in this deck for sure -- I just did 32 damage in one turn with it as I was typing this message. That being said, I was stuck without minions in my hand or on the board 3 times past turn 7. I'm just lucky I was playing against a control deck.

It would be cool to see this deck in action at some point. I've read the guide a few times, but I still seem to struggle most of the time. I'll give it a few more days of practice before I decide whether or not this is a deck worth playing, but it is definitely satisfying dealing 30+ damage in a single turn. Thanks for sharing the deck! smile.png

Besides a couple of games where the combo actually worked and I OTKed the poor soul, most of the time I get wrecked by aggressive decks, you have to put your minion down and trade with them because you have no other way to do since you don't run any cleans. Your AoEs on the other side come way too late, turn 4 if you're lucky to gather auchenai and circle, 5 or 6 otherwise and you'll, by this point pretty much be at 15 or less hp against aggressive decks and with only some cards in hand because you struggle to survive. If only you could fight back with huge minions by this point but no, you just get obliterated  because what you have in hand are both velen's chosen and that's it, your next turn ? You'll draw inner fire, maybe in a couple of turn you'll get a gliblin to trade against one of their minion, or even buff it and try to fight back, but no, you'll be dead by that point...

Maybe at high ranks where I assume aggro decks aren't that common, it can work but at lower ranks (5-20) you just get face hunter, mech mage. 

Most of the time I like how some of your decks are designed, like the hobgoblin paladin which is super fun to play and pretty much effective, but this one... I really can't make it work consistently.

Guest guest101

Really bad deck, you'll be better off with a normal control priest deck instead. If you don't have a good draw and control of the board at the start you're mostly likely to lose even if you manage to pull off a holy nova or auchenai priest + circle of healing to clear their board. 

Guest Atane

This deck is simpy amazing. My first times were really bad, cause of a lot of misplays, but praticing (a LOT) i really enjoyed it. It hasn't a "one way win" cause every single card can be use in tons of different ways, and just one is the right one. This deck punishes a lot misplays, but also rewards once u get pratice with. I really love it. Thank u!

This deck is screaming for lightspawns. Putting all of your eggs in one basket for inner Fire is just not realistic. If you have a lightspawn,at least you can get off good damage coupled with divine spirit before you get completely obliterated by a fast deck.

Guest sadpriest_inthismeta

I like experimenting with priest, but this one has, let's put it this way, a steep learning curve.

Any useful pointer to not die before assembling the pieces of a combo ?

Guest iEatChildren

What can I replace Shade of Naxxramas with?

Guest nimpwimp

What can I replace Shade of Naxxramas with?

I'm having the same issue, I would suggest silent knight or jungle panther?

Maybe even Stranglethorn Tiger. I dislike buying expansions :/

Shade of Naxx is pretty key, the other stealth minions just don't have the same potential to grow. I'd probably play something like Stormwind Knight as an immediate combo activator instead.

Guest ikeicer

If you can get past level 16 with this deck I would like to know about it.  It's fun to play when the combo gets off, but for the majority of the time you will be up against superior decks.  This is just not competitive at all.

Guest WeaponEvo

I made my own version of this deck before i even came online to read if it was a thing or not. I kept running 1 inner flame bc i didnt have 2 (new player) i literally NEVER drew it when i had my combo ready. I think he is wrong about it being useless ive even used it on an opponents creature before. One of the biggest problems here is obviously how many tools this deck takes from your early game YET BASED SOLELY ON WINNING EARLY? He needs to throw some cards that can trade but still have your board come out with the higher value. I'll post what i have and see what you guys think. Again i am very limited on cards i actually have and ive only been playing for maybe a month and a half i get roughly 3/5 wins in ranked but thats based off low ranks. Currently on a 3 win streak i honestly only came on here too see if theres anything i can improve on my deck

Well, I run this as fun deck atm. For my 1st season reached rank 9 with control priest withouth any legendary. Currently balancing at rank 11-12 with self made inner fire deck with djini, ooze, deathlords and other non meta minnions. Helluva fun tbh. Greatest counter is bad draw though. Had 4th turn wins and instant loses too vs few decks. It has potential for turn 4 win with coin as OK. Turn 3 deathlord. Turn 4 coin 2x double hp buff, inner fire boom 32 hp gone.

i really hate wild pyromancers, most of the time they just sit there because you dont have use for it or dont have the spells or dont have the mana, and playing it as a vanilla 3/2 feels wrong most of the time.

im considering substituting them for another chow, shade, inner fire or deathlord.

thats another thing with this deck, too many 1-offs, makes it pretty inconsistent 

i really hate wild pyromancers, most of the time they just sit there because you dont have use for it or dont have the spells or dont have the mana, and playing it as a vanilla 3/2 feels wrong most of the time.

im considering substituting them for another chow, shade, inner fire or deathlord.

thats another thing with this deck, too many 1-offs, makes it pretty inconsistent 

Deathlord would probably be the best choice as it has 8 Health and protects you from aggro.

Yeah, the deck is quite bad in my opinion. It's not really a thing of this specific build, it is just bad as whole. 

• Like 1

Deathlord would probably be the best choice as it has 8 Health and protects you from aggro.

Yeah, the deck is quite bad in my opinion. It's not really a thing of this specific build, it is just bad as whole. 

im trying chow and inner fire, nothing spectacular but im more comfortable with those than the pyros

Guest ThaMilkMan

There's just too many cards in the deck that do nothing on their own. Chances of whiffing are huge, unfortunately. 

Guest evanine

I really like to play Priest and I really like building up to combos so I'm working on a deck that I enjoy playing and i'd rather make it work than switch. If i can get down a Deathlord with a Holy Champion and then use Divine Spirit on the Deathlord and heal i can usually get the Holy Champion up to 19 dmg without Inner fire, then you can use inner fire on the deathlord. Some can take out the deathlord tho b/c he only has 2 HP. I usually use 2 thoughtsteals to get 4 minions or spells from the other player. The deck has a lot of chances to do a little damage then heal multiple characters thus getting Holy Champion up really high. I use the thoughtsteal to hopefully get four good minions from the other player.

But it might be naive since i've not gotten that far in the ranks. i just started doing better with this deck recently.

Currently i'm playing the following:

(Any suggestions?)

Circle of Healing

Silence

Flash Heal

Inner Fire
Light of the Naaru

PW: Glory

Northshire Cleric

Shieldbearer

2 Divine Spirit

2 Mind Blast

SW: Pain

Annoy o Tron

Unstable Ghoul

SW Death

2 Thoughtsteal

Velen's Chosen

2 Deathlord

Mass Dispel

2 Holy Champion

Tournament Medic

Light Spawn

Holy Nova

Fen Creeper

Holy Fire

Cabal Shadow Priest

You have too many 1-offs. Also, you want you minions to be useful if you don't draw your combo.

Sign in to follow this