FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Scathbais

Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia - resto druid?

DSI dropped for my raid last night and a mage, resto druid and myself all rolled.

The mage won the roll, but my question is should healers be even rolling on this trinket?

Just curious what others know about resto druids because I assume dps>>healers on this trinket and want to bring up with our RL/loot council before it drops again.

This is honestly a better question to be posted in a healer forum, but I will say that an Intellect proc is not terrible for healers. If one of your healers has bad trinkets (670 or under) I could see giving it to them as a stepping stone, but dps should be prioritized when it comes to awarding this piece of loot.

Another possibility is that the druid mistakenly rolled on the trinket and didn't realize it or just saw he lost the roll and said nothing about it.

That being said, the DSI is not mentioned in any BiS lists for any healing spec, so bringing this up with your loot master may be a decent idea.

One of the Resto Droods in my guild wants it, the other not, and personally I'm happy to share. Probably other healers as well but they were not online to ask. As to whether a DPS or healer should get it first that's down to each guild to decide I think depending on your loot system. Ultimately I guess priority should be down to whether people are dying through lack of dps or heals (though not because people are standing in crap and then dying). However it will depend if you just Need/Greed, Loot Council or EPGP etc.

That's a DPS oriented throughput trinket and out of all healers restoration druids have the biggest mana issues in the game. Even if every single INT dps class in your group has it, under normal circumstances healers shouldn't be DSI. If at any point your healers are OOM and they're using DPS trinkets like that they deserve to be benched. If you're overgearing the content to the point where you might be 2-3 healing 20man fights, knock yourself out.

Also about healers rolling on hybrid/dps gear such as necks/rings/trinkets with no spirit on it. It varies with some classes although I think now even mw monks use it a lot more due to the tier set. All the bosses in HFC are beaten by doing enough damage to them, not by healing through the damage they do. Unless a particular item is a huge upgrade for someone the general loot distribution priority is DD>Tank>Healer.