Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaicada1

Dissalussioned MW needs help BADLY

4 posts in this topic

I am a MW monk who has been doing an AWESOME job all the up until the last few levels in WoD. My raid and pvp stats were always in the top 2, now I'm lucky if I'm able to squeeze my way into top 5 of 5 healers! When I check recount, I notice they are all using renewing mist a lot. I have always relied heavily on my soothing mist. So, I have tried various ways of using it, but I'm just not sure how theyre doing it. Are they marking random players? I just don't get it and there doesn't seem to be an addon that will break down the mechanics of it to me. I'm seriously thinking of hanging up my  intellect headgear for a dunce cap and going dps! Can ANYONE give me any suggestions?

Speaking particularly about Renewing Mist, you need to try and keep it up on at least six players, and use Uplift a whole lot.  It helps dramatically if you have Pool of Mists as your tier 7 talent, as that boosts the healing on Renewing Mist by 15% and makes it a 3-charge thing, rather than the default CD.

Another really useful thing is to use Thunder Focus Tea before your Renewing Mist cast, as instead of jumping twice, it jumps four times, quickly stacking up the count of people with it on them.  Obviously if you're keeping a tank alive, you have to be careful with that, as you need the boost for an emergency heal, but when you can use the boost on the mist, do so.

If you want to do more AoE healing, Rushing Jade Wind is dead useful if there are a lot of people stacked about you in need of healing as the heal is big, pretty much always the case in BRF, but it depletes mana something chronic, failing that, the alternate talent Chi Torpedo as a roll-replacement makes for a more active healing utility over distance.

If you need to keep track of your Renewing Mists, there's an add-on called Renewing Mist Tracker, though you can get WeakAuras to do the same sort of thing with some work, and that has a great deal more uses.

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

2 hours ago, Pip said:

Hi, i'm older player coming from almost 10 year hiatus, so I havent had the time to gear up to BiS, so your experience may vary depending on your iLVL. 

If you are doing raid healing just have Renewing Mist on everybody and shoot Uplift as much as possible. I find Power Strikes to be the best talent to gather Chi. Use Expel Harm asap to get the 1-3 chi and use Renewing Mist and Surging Mist to get chi when Expel Harm is on CD. 

Revival is a Huge spell as well, my personal trick is to pop Draenic Int potion before using revival to get the extra oomph out of it (havent heard anybody else doing so though..)

In smaller content, like mythic dungeons and 10 man raids, I personally spec to Chi Explosion so I've a bit more tools and I don't have to spread Renewing Mist so much. 

I also always spam Chi Burst and use Chi Torpedo whenever I don't anything else to do, they wont do much but in the end any little bit helps. 

Btw, you can use Expel Harm and Thunder Focus Tea before the fight so you've extra Chi and the Thunder Buff before the fight even starts. 

Transcendence is good way to minimize time you're moving. 

This topic is almost a year old, please make sure you are checking the dates on topics before posting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brost
      About
      Our goal is to have an active community during the week and successful progression during the weekends while maintaining a casual atmosphere. We started out the expansion as a bunch of players looking for something to do in our spare time and, after a hefty purge, have settled on doing more with that time.
      Raids (Server)
      Thursday 8pm - 11pm
      Friday 9pm - 1am
      Saturday 9pm - 1am
      Status (Pre-Purge. Expect More.)
      6/7 Heroic EN
      2/3 Normal ToV
      Misc
      Loot: Individual until we settle on a core roster
      Voice: Discord
      Recruitment
      At the moment we're in need of Druid/Sham/Pally/Priest heals as well as all DPS classes. Higher item level is of course better but anything above 850 to start out is fine.
      Contact
      BatesC#1974
      tnich55#1816
      sandril#11375
      AMagicBagel#1468
      Edit:
      Apologies for the text. Pasted from my word document.
    • By Miixon
      (A) Natural Affinity- Dalaran (US) is recruiting.
      Current Progression 7/7H EN 3/7M , 3/3N VoT
      Natural Affinity has been around for ages a lot of us raiding together since MC . What we are looking for is folks that want to raid mythic and are willing to put in the work to improve themselves as raiders.
      Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday 8-11EST (optional farm content)
      Wed 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Thurs 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Our loot system is a mix of Personal Loot on Farm nights and ML/ Loot Council for mythic progression.
      Classes Needed :
      Balance Druid, Havoc Demon Hunter, Resto Druid, Mistwalker Monk, MM or BM Hunter, Shadow Priest
      Exceptional players are always welcome to apply as well
      http://na.gamerlaunch.com
      Please apply at http://na.gamerlaunch.com  
      First you must apply to the website then fill out the guild recruitment application under the Apply to Natural Affinity tab.
      After you have applied please let one of the officers know in game that you have done so and we will get back to you as soon as possible. After we have discussed it we might have a possible interview at that point.
      Thanks,
      Miixon (Raid Leader of Natural Affinity
    • By Plagueblade
      So currently our guild is progressing through all the available content as everyone else is, and on most attempts i come second or third on the healing charts, however i have started falling behind lately and i'm hoping that someone on this site can assist with bringing my heals back up.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Mongolish/simple
      Warcraft logs for last fight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ycw3GVFdKDW76H41#type=healing

please if any other monks can recommend any changes or just something to help
    • By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      Raid: 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)

Currently we are looking for Dps (Range or Melee) and Heals (Mistweaver Monk, Holy Pally, Disc Priest).

Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

PVP:
      For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

Achievements: 
      As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/ascendencyguild
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash
    • By Duvy44
      Eclipse is recruiting to fill up the last few spots for our mythic roster as we step into mythic progression.

Raid Times

Tues/Thurs/Sun 8-11EST

Progression

EN 7/7H

EN 1/7M

What we want from you:

Heroic raid xp

Prefer 860+ ilvl

Ability to attend most raids

Recruitment Priority

Deathknight – LOW - DPS w/ tank OS

Druid – LOW - Balance w/ tank OS