FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's DW Frost WeakAuras

This WA Rotation Helper is based on Skullflowers 6.2 Frost DW priority list. It includes single and (limited) multi-target rotations.

What is it?

A priority order WeakAura that tells you how to play DW frost ~pretty optimally in single target situations. For Cleave/AoE, refer to before mentioned Skullflowers guide. The intention behind this WA is to give people the feel for DW frost and I do not mean to keep updating it indefinately. More experienced players will most likely have their own ways of tracking RP, Runes, Procs and what not -- this WA will do that, and suggest what ability to cast based on current resources and buffs.

Video of the WeakAuras displays in action:

Video is from version 2.0 but it showcases the functionality well.

On Pull:
1) Army of the Dead @ 6s
2) Macro @ 1s
3) Outbreak at 0s/when running
4) Melee: Pillar (+Trinket)

#showtooltip
/cast Draenic Strength Potion
/cast Death's Advance
/startattack

ThBPx3M.jpg

Get the WeakAuras: http://redlan.co/weakauras/

Changelog:

15.8.2015 Rota 3.0 RC3, Auras 2.2, Cooldowns 2.1

[ADD] Scabbard of Kyanos CD & Aura
[ADD] This and last seasons PvP trinket CD & Aura
[FIX] Hide debug output in Rotation Helper (0 / false)
[FIX] Vial of Convulsive Shadows was shown to be on CD if you used any on-use trinket

14.8.2015 3.0 Release Candidate 1 + 2:
[ADD] Death and Decay ticks on multiple targets now also activate cleave mode
[FIX] Duplicate Blood Tap icon shown during execute range, now shows only Blood Tap for Soul Reaper or if over 10 stacks
[MOD] Hide Soul Reaper when cleaving since Howling Blast will deal superior damage

[FIX] Plague Leech works again, sorry

12.8.2015 3.0 beta 1 & beta 2
[ADD] Cleave Mode custom function detects how many targets your last Howling Blast hit. It will reset back to Single Target mode if your next Howling Blast hits only one target, or if you did not cast Howling Blast for 4 seconds.
[ADD] Cleave Mode Trigger 1: If target count was 2 or more, suggest Howling Blast over uncapping Unholy Runes
[ADD] Cleave Mode Trigger 2: If target count was 3 or more, suggest Death and Decay
BETA2: Fixed three nil variable login errors in Aura display & Rotation Helper.

04.08.2015 - 2.0 final release
[ADD] Show Howling Blast even during KM proc if we can't cast Obliterate or Frost Strike
[FIX] Custom Function Lua error that was appearing for some players
[MOD] Show PULL list (Prepot, Death's Advance, Army and Outbreak) in HFC only if targeting a hostile mob while we are out of combat and said mob has mroe than 5mill. HP

29.07.2015 - 2.0 release candidate 3
[MOD] Defile Rotation: Use only Unholy runes for Plague Strike 
[MOD] Defile Rotation: Suggest Blood Tap if no runes to cast Defile and it's off CD
[ADD] Both Rotations: Calculate "Time to 35%" via a Custom Function and suggest Soul Reaper when target in execute range inside next five seconds
[MOD] Improve performance by optimizing main Custom Function
[MOD] Update Auras and Cooldowns to 2.0
[FIX] Don't suggest Death's Advance during combat
[ADD] Global Cooldown Overlay instead of a bar (Move this right on top of your Rotation Helper)

26.07.2015 - 2.0 release candidate
[MOD] Show Plague Leech only if two or more runes are on CD for more than 8 seconds
[MOD] Hide debug output
[MOD] Run custom function on every fifteenth COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event instead of every time something happens, as this was starting to impact FPS a bit in raids, where up to 30 players actions triggered updates to the WA

24.07.2015 - 2.0 beta 2
Helper: Completely rewrote Rotation Helper, second beta released
Aura Display: Fix stacking trinket text
Cooldown Display: Fix Army, Add Outbreak, Add Pillar, Add Death's Advance

21.07.2015 - 1.01
Helper: Plague Leech fix #2
Aura Display 1.1: Add Animations, Multiple trinkets added/tweaked

21.07.2015 - 1.0
[MOD] Rotation Helper: Priority list restructuring
[FIX] Rotation Helper: Defile rotation bugfixes
[FIX] Rotation Helper: Soul Reaper fixed
[FIX] Rotation Helper: Plague Leech fixed
[FIX] Rotation Helper: Lots of death runes should no longer be wasted for Obliterates
[ADD] Aura Display: Added Hand of Protection warning 
[MOD] Cooldown Display: Removed 30second filter, CDs show up always

19.07.2015 - release candidate 2
[FIX] Vial of Convulsive Shadows icon was shown even if you didn't have it equipped
[FIX] Plague Leech was shown (/w Defile) even if you didn't have both diseases up on the target
[FIX] Howling Blast was labeled Capped when you had 1 Frost rune and 1 Death rune of other type (== 2 casts available)
[ADD] Suggest Outbreak even during combat if diseases are missing
[MOD] Suggest Outbreak while out of combat regardless of target max health
[FIX] All Defile centric icons were shown even when using Necrotic Plague talent and vice versa -- the WA multitalent load rule was OR, not AND

[ADD] Philosophers Stone trinket
[ADD] Unending Hunger trinket
[ADD] Skull of War trinket
[ADD] Horn of Screaming trinket

19.07.2015 - release candidate 1
- Hopefully no more bugs left!
- Added Defile support
- Changed all auras from aura names to spell IDs
- Added support for non-english clients

18.07.2015 - 0.94-5 beta
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader progress bar never triggered
- Vial of Convulsive shadow aura was mislabeled as 500 crit instead of 1500 multistrike

18.07.2015 - 0.93 beta
- Three new displays: Auras, Cooldowns & GCD
- Rotation Display change: Bank 1 Frost rune when in execute phase (for SR)
- Add a video of the WAs in action
- Change to Pastebin for the strings since the post became too long for Icy-Veins editor
- Next version: Defile support

16.07.2015 - 0.92 beta
- Major changes: Pull abilities. Fixed KM Proc, Fixed Soul Reaper, Added BT for Soul Reaper, Added Dark Succor, Death Pact, Healing Tonic

15.07.2015 - 0.91 beta
- Added trinket reminder for Vial of Convulsive Shadows and a Soul Reaper debuff timer so you know to save a rune.

15.07.2015 - 0.9 beta
- No Defile support as of yet. My talent of choice is NP and the helper will utilize that until it's out of beta.

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

Hey man, as always, nice work.

An observation: KM procs should be used with Frost Strike, not Oblit, unless not enough RP

Whoa, my bad. Guess my eyes skipped a line when digging in to Skullflowers DW Frost Priority list. :)

I wIll post updated aura today evening.

Changes will include:

- Soul Reaper will be hidden if the target is a regular mob (1.5mill hp cutoff)

- Cooldowns will be hidden if the target is a regular mob (1.5mill hp cutoff)

- Blood Tap will be fixed to show @ 5-9 charges only if it's required for casting Soul Reaper @ < 36%

- Killing Machine will be fixed to show Frost Strike if you have enough Runic Power

Posted something similar on MMOC. I think your priority for KM procs is off.

Didn't realize it was you at first, damn. :D

• Like 1

Awesome, I was hoping you might make some weak aura's for DW frost. I used your unholy one's and loved them.

One small suggestion, that you did for unholy, is to add the Death Strike procs, maybe if only under 90% health or something, but there are a lot of HFC fights that have adds that you might kill and gets procs of it on, and it's free dps and a bit of healing too. Also perhaps a d&d reminder? I know it's only really useful for multi target, but maybe if both unholy are full it could show the icon, for you to at least know it's up.

Edited by palles

Death Strike proc: Will add, thanks for reminding.

DnD: It's not a part of the ST rotation so it won't be included, but I'll be adding Defile later on, for now, I prefer NP since it simplifies the rotation, 'cos we don't need Plague Strike at all when using it.

I'll most likely move Pilllar, Potion and Trinket to a CD group at some point, when that happens, I'll shove DnD there as well with Emp Rune weapon etc.

But now, gonna start tinkering with the KM proc fix.

Fair enough. I did a quick fix just by changing the 'if castable' to frost strike, and the icon, but it should show oblit if it'll be at least like 3-4 seconds before you can cast a frost strike.

Updated the string (changelog and new image in opening message). Target dummy tested only.

For next version, I think I will hide the pull helper, if we're not in Hellfire Citadel.

New shinies!

18.07.2015 - 0.93 beta

- Three new displays: Auras, Cooldowns & GCD

- Rotation Display change: Bank 1 Frost rune when in execute phase (for SR)

- Add a video of the WAs in action

- Change to Pastebin for the strings since the post became too long for Icy-Veins editor

- Next version: Defile support

Edit: And two small updates for the Aura display. Wrong buff name & label.

Edited by Redfella

For localization of the strings, does anyone know if it's enough to just swap Aura names to IDs, or is it required for every other type of trigger as well? I tried setting some spells to IDs but the text input resets to english name when I hit enter with the ID in the field.

Would like to make these compatible :)

Well, there goes nothing. Release candidate 1 out -- works hopefully with non-english clients as well. Also Defile support built in now: Defile on CD, use 5 blood charges for defile if dont have runes, use outbreak to apply diseases if its up, use plague strike otherwise if we dont have a KM proc up.

Defile tested only on target dummy, so your mileage my apply.

From now on, probably only bug fixes, this WA feels quite done.

Edited by Redfella

works with both tier18 sets bonuses this rotation? Also can you fix problem with Plague Leech sometimes it show to activate while I have only one desease frost fever and do not show reaply blood plague? And why I see in rotation trinket if my trinkets activate with proc.?

Edited by Alakazham

I'm definitely no expert but the newly updated rotation helper seems to still be asking for Obliterate too often.  Almost twice as much as following priority on my own.  I could be misunderstanding the priority but my impression is that you only Obliterate when you're about to cap on both unholy runes or when you have KM proc without RP to use Frost Strike.  I've noticed the rotation helper asking for it sometimes as soon as one unholy rune comes up and the other has just started recharging.  

Similarly, it seems to ask me to spam Frost Strike so much that I'll get KM procs that I have to use on those Obliterates that I could have easily used on Frost Strikes had I saved RP and filled with Howling Blast rather than dumping RP even though I was only at ~50.  I don't have logs or anything since I'm just using Recount on the target dummy.  I could surely be wrong about the priority but using this rotation helper seems to give me 2000-3000 dummy DPS lower consistently.

works with both tier18 sets bonuses this rotation? Also can you fix problem with Plague Leech sometimes it show to activate while I have only one desease frost fever and do not show reaply blood plague? And why I see in rotation trinket if my trinkets activate with proc.?

1)

2PC pretty much just gives you a fixed percentage damage bonus every now and then, while the 4PC just makes you able to keep spamming Frost Strike/Obliterate during KM proc since it doesn't always consume the buff.  Neither affects the rotation as far as I'm aware.

2)

I'll try check what's up with PL for non-Necroblight. It's triggers are set so that it should be shown if:

- 0 Frost Runes

- Action Usable: Plague Leech

- No Killing Machine Proc

3)

You probably see the trinket in the rotation, as you might have Vial of the Convulsive shadows in your inventory and it is not on CD. I'll add some trigger to check if it's actually equipped.

EDIT:

Release Candidate 2

Rotation Helper:

[FIX] Vial of Convulsive Shadows icon was shown even if you didn't have it equipped

[FIX] Plague Leech was shown (/w Defile) even if you didn't have both diseases up on the target

[FIX] Howling Blast was labeled Capped when you had 1 Frost rune and 1 Death rune of other type (== 2 casts available)

[ADD] Suggest Outbreak even during combat if diseases are missing

[MOD] Suggest Outbreak while out of combat regardless of target max health

[FIX] All Defile centric icons were shown even when using Necrotic Plague talent and vice versa -- the WA multitalent load rule was OR, not AND

Aura display:

[ADD] Philosophers Stone trinket
[ADD] Unending Hunger trinket
[ADD] Skull of War trinket
[ADD] Horn of Screaming trinket
Edited by Redfella

Great job as always. I was testing it out this morning and was noticing that howling blast just shows up as a green square icon? Is there a way to change that? Thanks.

Great job as always. I was testing it out this morning and was noticing that howling blast just shows up as a green square icon? Is there a way to change that? Thanks.

Corrupt export, every uppercase W in the string was missing (so some things might not work properly, for example the icons name was ArcticWinds so in the corrupt one it said Arcticinds).

I updated the rc2 rota helper in.

My first comment had to be approved by a mod since it was my first post, but it went back in time to when I hit send instead of adding it as a new post, so since it's a new page I'll just repost it since it might get missed back on the previous page:

I'm definitely no expert but the newly updated rotation helper seems to still be asking for Obliterate too often.  Almost twice as much as following priority on my own.  I could be misunderstanding the priority but my impression is that you only Obliterate when you're about to cap on both unholy runes or when you have KM proc without RP to use Frost Strike.  I've noticed the rotation helper asking for it sometimes as soon as one unholy rune comes up and the other has just started recharging.  

Similarly, it seems to ask me to spam Frost Strike so much that I'll get KM procs that I have to use on those Obliterates that I could have easily used on Frost Strikes had I saved RP and filled with Howling Blast rather than dumping RP even though I was only at ~50.  I don't have logs or anything since I'm just using Recount on the target dummy.  I could surely be wrong about the priority but using this rotation helper seems to give me 2000-3000 dummy DPS lower consistently.

Edited by cv33

Hi cv33,

The rotation helper basicly tries to get you to exhaust all your resources according to how Skullflowers priority list goes.

Obliterate rules:

#7 Obliterate: RP < 25

- Trigger 1 - Action Usable: Obliterate

- Trigger 2 - Runic Power < 25

- Trigger 3 - No Killing Machine Buff

- Trigger 4 - Less than 2 Unholy Runes

- Trigger 5 - No Rime Buff

#8 Obliterate: Unholy Runes are capped

- Trigger 1 - Unholy Runes = 2

- Trigger 2 - Action Usable: Obliterate

- Trigger 3 - No Killing Machine Buff

#11 Obliterate: KM Proc & RP < 25

Simply opt to use Obliterate for KM if you don't have enough RP for Frost Strike.

And the one of the last rules on the list:

#17 Frost Stirke: Runic Power > 25

- Can't cast Howling Blast

- No Rime

- No Killing Machine

Now if you were to not cast FS @ rule 17 you'd always have enough to FS for KM procs. I guess I could add RP power as a text on the Frost Strike icon so people can opt to sit on it. But Skullflowers prio list said nothing about banking for it. Similarly I think I could tweak the rule #11 so that if you can Howling Blast, then it would suggest you HB to build up enough RP to FS for KM.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the response.  Like I said, I'm no expert, still relatively new to DK.  I think rule #7 is what's causing what I perceived to be strange Obliterates.  I just went back to the dummy and noticed it was having me use two death runes to Obliterate at times.  I guess that is consistent with the priority list.  But in the "Rotation" section there's no mention of using Obliterate outside of the cases in your rules 8 and 11.  

So now I guess my issue switches to that.  Why does it make more sense to use two death runes on one Obliterate when you could do two Howling Blasts instead?  Especially on cleave/AoE encounters.  It's two GCDs but there's downtime at times anyway.  Another thing I'm starting to get confused about is the AND/OR qualifiers in the priority list.  For example, from the priority list:

Obliterate when:
Killing Machine is active
AND/OR
Runic Power is below 25
AND/OR
Unholy runes are capped
AND/OR
Obliteration (T18 2p buff) is not active

Frost Strike when:
Killing Machine is active
AND/OR
Runic Power is above 88

In this section, why would KM Obliterate be a higher priority than KM Frost Strike when you have the RP for Frost Strike even if the two unholy runes are capped?  It contradicts what he has earlier in the Rotation section: (FS KM proc > Obl KM proc > Unholy rune cap > Rime proc > Frost/Death rune cap >Blood Charges > Runic Power cap)

I realize this has turned into something unrelated to your Weakauras, so I'll have to look more into it and post in a more appropriate thread.  Just wanted to try to explain where I'm coming from about what I think are odd ability choices.

Edited by cv33

If it's suggesting you to use 2 Death Runes for Obliterate, then that's indeed a bug and something I missed. I've set the rule to suggest Obliterate if you have two Unholy runes -- but I suppose with the rune system, if you have 2x Unholy and 2x Death, it will exhaust Death runes first?

I'll have to tinker with the rule so that we first expend the Death Runes, before trying to get out from being Unholy capped I guess.

But in the "Rotation" section there's no mention of using Obliterate outside of the cases in your rules 8 and 11.  

..AND/OR
Runic Power is below 25..

This is basicly the rule #7, I just added those extra triggers to hide the icon if there's something more important to be cast.

Also, KM Obliterate is also never higher priority than KM Frost Strike, KM Oblit only gets suggested if you lack 25 RP, which happends if you get all the way to rule #17 and exhaust your last 25 RP and get a KM proc right after. Skullflower said it's better to use KM on Obliterate if you have less than 25 RP, but I'm beginning to question if using a GCD for Howling Blast then KM Frost Striking would be better than just to KM Oblit?

I think his reasoning behind exhausting KM with Oblit in rune cap situation is simply this: Sitting on resources is a bigger DPS loss than waiting few GCDs to get KM on FS. It's resources you never used -> ends up meaning one less cast of something else -> Ends up being a bigger DPS loss than using KM for Oblit.

In any case, thanks for your input and I believe as a result of this, I'll 1) Fix Obliterate when Unholy Capped, so that we'd not waste 2x Death Runes on it and 2) Add a trigger to rule #17 so that we will not spend our last 25 Runic Power if it's less than 1.5 seconds to getting a Howling Blast / Obliterate out.

ps. I suppose haste is a factor in the priority lists, my gear is kinda fucked up since DK is just an alt and I have way too much haste, I literally have no downtime when executing the rotation suggested by the helper in raids, especially since there's bits of running here and there. I've more resources to spend than what GCDs let me use.

edit: And I try to avoid dummy testing on DK since getting to whack at a target continuously for X minutes is very rare in raid setting, and lacking raid buffs also affects rune regeneration and procs. Getting resource starved while flailing on a dummy is higly more likely than getting resource starved in a raid encounter.
Edited by Redfella