FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's DW Frost WeakAuras

Checked my YT video and the Death Rune spending for Oblit is apparent there. It should be suggesting Howling Blast instead.

p4ecO5C.png

Edit: Judging from this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1801407-6-2-Frost-and-Unholy-Death-Knight-Guides

We don't ever want to sit on a KM proc, so using it on Obliterate is fine. I'll just fix the Oblit cap bug and throttle the last 25 RP usage a bit so we'd have FS available for KM more often. This should increase dps.

Edited by Redfella

Soul Reaper doesnt work on normal mobs , or rare with solid hp pools. Why soul reaper in hfc showning in rotation all the time if its on cooldown??

Edited by Alakazham

Soul Reaper doesnt work on normal mobs , or rare with solid hp pools. Why soul reaper in hfc showning in rotation all the time if its on cooldown??

Non-english client I presume? I haven't been able to test the WA on one, and probably won't be able to.

Non-english client I presume? I haven't been able to test the WA on one, and probably won't be able to.

I am sorry for my bad english, but can you make that soul reaper pop up in rotation while target have 37% hp remaining?

Edited by Alakazham

It should already work like that. I will check if there is a bug, but I really need to know what your WoW Client Language is?

My WoW client is english playing in Kazzak EU. I made screenshot to show how it looks. The target have below 37% health and soul reaper doesn't apear in weak aura rotation atleast for me . I imported your code twice maybe I doing something wrong.

Zp6xadG.jpg

Edited by Alakazham

Ah, this explains the problem. Currently I've set it so that the Soul Reaper icon will show if:

1: No (own only) Soul Reaper debuff found on target

2: Target has less than 37% Health

3: Target has more than 1 million hitpoints left

4: You have at least one Frost Rune

In the image, your target is a really low hp mob, and in a raid setting, it would die before your SR ever triggers, so the helper does not suggest Soul Reaper. 

Go test in LFR/Normal/HC/Mythic Hellfire Citadel! :)

Edited by Redfella

I am using rc2 version and sometimes same problem appears with Plague Leech as you see in screenshot after you switching targets. Also Soul Reaper working strange it always in rotation even then Soul Reaper on cd.

dy06TXc.jpg

• Like 1

There is definately something broken in your screenshot. I will change from Necrotic Plague to Defile tonight and test if rc2 broke something (it was working before). Thanks for providing good information!

edit: I see there is a second DK in your raid. It could be that I forgot to tick "Own only" for the Soul Reaper display. I'm at work now however, so can't make fixes for the next 8 hours.

Edited by Redfella

Awesome work as usual RedFella.

Soul Reaper didn't work as intended for my part , I fixed it by manually adding Spell ID 130735 in the triggers of both auras.

Works fine now.

Keep it up man, you're awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks Morgulz, I suppose when I changed from spell names to SpellIDs so non-english clients would work as well, I ended up grabbing the wrong ID from Wowhead for Soul Reaper (there were multiple.. go figure).

Will update correct ID to the string tonight.

Edited by Redfella

There's 4 spell ids for SR. One is for Lich King, then one per DK spec. Had it at 130736 which was for Unholy. 

1) I updated the Rotation Helper. Compared to beating the Garrison dummy for three minutes on the rc2, my DPS went up roughly by 4k (take in to account that Howling Blast hits two targets there).

2) Added Hand of Protection warning to the Aura display.

3) Removed the 30second filter from Cooldown Display so CDs are always visible

Tagging this release as 1.0

Edit: Also includes bugfixes to Defile rotation, Soul Reaper and Plague Leech visiblity for Defile rotation icon.

Edited by Redfella

Aura Display 1.1:

- Fix Skull of War aura id

- Fix Unending Hunger aura id

- Add Unending Hunger aura to display actual strength value in the progress bar, based on how many stacks of Hungering Blows

Plague Leech still working bad for me showning in rotation while only frost fever on target and now feeling big delay between rotations..

Edited by Alakazham

Plague Leech still working bad for me showning in rotation while only frost fever on target and now feeling big delay between rotations..

https://github.com/rnyberg/Reds-WeakAuras/blob/master/Death%20Knight%20-%20Dual%20Wield%20Frost%20-%20Rotation%20Helper

PL should work properly now, finally, I forgot to tick "own only" again pff. (So it told you to PL when someone elses diseases were in).

Edited by Redfella
  • Like 1

I noticed that PL poped up most of the time even if only 1 rune was fully depleted, which made me waste half the ressources it generates.

I guess this is due to the "Rune" trigger which I found hard to use in precise situations.

I when ahead and replaced the "Rune" triggers for PL in your WA by a custom function that Anatharr used in his Rotation Helper.

It seems to work better, making you use PL only when you can generate two runes.

Anatharr's rotation helper : http://pastebin.com/1un4WdQ0

OP :

So I actually started one of these today. You can see it here, and reflects Skullflower's recommended priority from over at Summonstone. I used a custom function that I found on reddit to handle the Plague Leech usage, since I do not use the outbreak glyph as that is a DPS loss. I think I could use some help, though, as I can't get the Obliterates to show up smoothly. Perhaps you could take a look? Feel free to cherry pick and of the auras. [The text on each icon are my hotkeys, they will have to be manually cleared].

http://pastebin.com/1un4WdQ0

Yeah, I've been actually tinkering with a custom function that would let me do triggers like "if 2frost+1death" etc. Will see how what you linked works and will probably push out an updates tomorrow evening.

Working towards converting every Death Knight Rune trigger to utilize a global variable that holds Rune information in a much more useful format.

http://pastie.org/10305620

Main function there, with one example on bottom. smile.png Will take a day or two to finish this.

Hey i would really appreciate if you could add/change a string for the 2p frost bonus. 

This basicly means we add an icon for Obliterate with the following rule:

- If Obliterate is available to be cast and we lack the Obliteration buff (ID 187893)  -> Cast Obliterate?

Edited by Redfella

Pinned for relevance

Thanks! smile.png

For the 2P bonus, I'm going to need someone to test it out for me, as I'm still sitting on 1 Tier Piece. Here's what I wrote for the Display (Don't try to recreate this, you are missing my helper functions that take care of the REDS_runes part):

Trigger 1 - Action Usable: Obliterate

Trigger 2 - Aura: No Killing Machine Proc

Trigger 3 - Aura: No Rime Proc

Trigger 4 - Custom Function - Check on Events - TARGET_SPELLCAST, PLAYER_SPELLCAST, PLAYER_MELEE_SWING, TARGET_MELEE_SWING (Idea is not to run custom functions on Every Frame as this can be kinda bad for CPU usage):

function()
    local slots = {"Gauntlets", "Helm", "Pauldrons", "Chestplate", "Legplates"}
    local tierpieces = 0

for i = 1,5,1 do        
        if(IsEquippedItem("Demongaze " .. slots[i])) then
            tierpieces = tierpieces + 1
        end        
    end

if (REDS_runes and tierpieces > 1) then
        if (REDS_runes[5].runestate == 'up' and 
            REDS_runes[5].runetype == 'normal') or 
           (REDS_runes[6].runestate == 'up' and
            REDS_runes[6].runetype == 'normal') then
            return true
        end
    end
end  
end

Above code basicly checks if how many "Demongaze" items you have equipped and if more than 1, you'll have the 2PC.

Rest of the function then checks that you have one Unholy rune available and that it's not a Death Rune. Trigger 1 part makes sure the display won't show unless you actually have a frost/fdeath/bdeath rune to pair with that unholy rune.

Any ideas if this approach is wrong? I'll release a test version this evening.

Edited by Redfella

Working towards converting every Death Knight Rune trigger to utilize a global variable that holds Rune information in a much more useful format.

http://pastie.org/10305620

Main function there, with one example on bottom. smile.png Will take a day or two to finish this.

This looks promising, can't wait to test it out.

Just a heads up, the logic is pretty much complete, but I still have to solve some pretty damn weird behaviour from WeakAuras. Hopefully I can get stuff sorted out tomorrow..

In case someone knows: Calling WeakAuras.ScanEvent("CUSTOM_TRIGGER") works only on one icon for me at a time. If I set the icon to load: never, then the second icon shows and so forth. I have no idea why it's working like that (and based on Google-fu, it shouldn't). I even have another string where it works properly. Gahh!

Edited by Redfella