FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Troket

Feral Druids Guide Needs Some Love Please!!!

I have no clue how to play as feral and checking the guide is not all that helpful. It gives me a very vague understanding of the class but leaves me wanting more info. I think its safe to say that I am not the only one that's hoping that you guys can give some love to the feral guide soon.

As plusminus asked, are you checking the actual Feral Druid guide, or were you possibly looking at the (very basic) leveling guide?

In any case, if you were indeed looking at the Feral guide linked above, I would like to ask you to possibly provide more details on what it is you would like to know :)

Thank you!

I have went through the guide... I am so lost when it comes to feral. I think I was hoping for a post like https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/593-51-affliction-tips-quirks/unread/

but for feral druids of course.

I am really bad at the numbers game. Does anyone by chance have the stat weights?

Edited by Troket

In my opinion, the stat weight priority of the feral druid tutorial on this site is wrong. It's based on the idea that raids are a single target boss that don't have tricks, don't disappear, and don't have multiple adds. They say "In multiple target DPS, Feral Druids perform relatively well, although they do not shine." Personally, i don't have this problem. In fact, i destroy the meters on multiple targets. The key is getting stuff up fast. This cannot be done based on a mastery priority. I am in the top 3 DPS in every raid boss and every trash pull (usually #1). Every time i see another feral in the raid, they do half the DPS i do. I inspect them and they are mastery priority reforging which causes them to starve for energy.

I know saying this will get a lot of scoffing from other druids, but they need to know i'm not asking for their opinion. I play based on many years of experience, not based on a target dummy computer simulation. I am not a computer and bosses are not a stand-still target dummy.

My opinion: I play to have fun. therefore a few things are critical to achieving this:

1. Use the badkitty mod

2. crit > haste > mastery (AGI, hit, and exper in usual ways)

3. Lots of macros. there's inadequate macros on this site.

4. A HUD.

5. My talents: Feline Swiftness, Nature's Swiftness, Faerie Swarm, Soul of the Forest, Mighty Bash, Heart of the Wild

Play how you like though. I am merely saying how i play. Use parts of what i say or don't. Doesn't matter to me which. :)

In my opinion, the stat weight priority of the feral druid tutorial on this site is wrong. It's based on the idea that raids are a single target boss that don't have tricks, don't disappear, and don't have multiple adds. They say "In multiple target DPS, Feral Druids perform relatively well, although they do not shine." Personally, i don't have this problem. In fact, i destroy the meters on multiple targets. The key is getting stuff up fast. This cannot be done based on a mastery priority. I am in the top 3 DPS in every raid boss and every trash pull (usually #1). Every time i see another feral in the raid, they do half the DPS i do. I inspect them and they are mastery priority reforging which causes them to starve for energy.

I know saying this will get a lot of scoffing from other druids, but they need to know i'm not asking for their opinion. I play based on many years of experience, not based on a target dummy computer simulation. I am not a computer and bosses are not a stand-still target dummy.

My opinion: I play to have fun. therefore a few things are critical to achieving this:

1. Use the badkitty mod

2. crit > haste > mastery (AGI, hit, and exper in usual ways)

3. Lots of macros. there's inadequate macros on this site.

4. A HUD.

5. My talents: Feline Swiftness, Nature's Swiftness, Faerie Swarm, Soul of the Forest, Mighty Bash, Heart of the Wild

Play how you like though. I am merely saying how i play. Use parts of what i say or don't. Doesn't matter to me which. Posted Image

Could you please link your armory? Just to have a visual of your gear/gemming/enchants/reforges.