FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Mage Dragon Control

Hello there!

I am thinking about running this deck in current meta smile.png Could you give me 1 or 2 replacements for Alexstrasza?

You think it is possible to get to legendary with it? I'm currently rank 5 and a bit bored with my midrange hunter smile.png

thanks in advance for any help smile.png

Guest Guest

Alextrasza is very important in this build, running it atm and ever since I got that dragon I win way more often

Guest Krimson

Same here. I currently don't have Alexstrasza and am planning on crafting either an Alex or a Rag next not sure. But need to know a good replacement at the moment for her. Mind helping me out?

Hi guys I just started playing this deck recently but I cant seem to get out of rank 17 or 16 I keep losing to aggressive decks. I have been doing well against slow decks but just haven't faced many of those any tips or pieces of advise. I started using this deck at rank 16 by the way.

Guest gnarboot

lost 3 straight at rank 12, guess i'm no good

This deck is fun to play because people don't expect it.  Thanks for posting it.  I'm 7-6 with it so far over 3 days.  Hunter seems to give me the most trouble.  I'm usually dead on turn 7 before I'm able to get any of defences up.

Anyhow, thanks for the change of pace.  I'll probably keep messing with it when I'm bored of more standard decks.

This deck is fun to play because people don't expect it.  Thanks for posting it.  I'm 7-6 with it so far over 3 days.  Hunter seems to give me the most trouble.  I'm usually dead on turn 7 before I'm able to get any of defences up.

Anyhow, thanks for the change of pace.  I'll probably keep messing with it when I'm bored of more standard decks.

I spoke too soon.  Went into a bit of a tailspin and ended up 8-10 overall.  I'm under 50% against priest (they thoughsteal all my high value cards like poly, belcher, nef, etc.), pally, and shaman (they are able to control the board - I can never get a foothold).  I'm no great player, but wanted to share my experience around ranks 11 and 12 in the ladder.

The deck is still fun as a change of pace, but for ladder climbing, I think you'd be just as (if not more) successful with tempo or mech mage.  Plus, those games are much quicker.

When I return to this deck, I think I'm going to try it without mad scientists to give me full control of when secrets are played.  This deck is more control than tempo and doesn't play mirror entity, so isn't aiming for any huge tempo swings.  You also usually have the mana to play them manually.  I think it's worth a try.  Not sure what I'll sub in... maybe fairie dragons or something.

My overall record on ladder with this deck is 29-14, just to put that out there. All of those games are at Rank 3+ and Legend.

My overall record on ladder with this deck is 29-14, just to put that out there. All of those games are at Rank 3+ and Legend.

Are there any decks in particular that give you more trouble than others?

I think it can be helpful to see the results of both experts and average players. I'll stop posting if me relaying my experiences takes away from what you are trying to accomplish.

I've been improving with this.  Up to 26-22 at rank 9.  Hunters are not a problem.  Spoke to soon about them.  My toughest match-ups are mirror control mages that play alot of secrets and control/maly shaman.  I've lost twice to maly shaman from like 27 health in one turn.

I do really enjoy the playstyle of this deck and will probably keep using it the last couple days of the season.

Guest Raggy

I see a lot of people at just about 50% win rate with this deck. That seems to be pretty average.

When things go your way with this deck, you win BIG time.

But there are so many decks out there that are too fast for this deck. You really do need to make the right decisions to make it work. Pretty sad that there are cool decks like this, and then you've got all those mouth breather face hunters and agro warlocks that have played the same deck for months.

Hope the new expansion can make some more varied play in this game or I see it headed downhill. Players dropping out like flies.

Guest MechPatriot

thanks for the dragon mage deck its really nice.

Guest MechPatriot

isnt the bloodmage thalnos any good in this deck, instead of zombie chow?

isnt the bloodmage thalnos any good in this deck, instead of zombie chow?

There really aren't that many spells in the deck for Bloodmage to always be useful, Chow is just such a good Aggro stopper.

I see a lot of people at just about 50% win rate with this deck. That seems to be pretty average.

When things go your way with this deck, you win BIG time.

But there are so many decks out there that are too fast for this deck. You really do need to make the right decisions to make it work. Pretty sad that there are cool decks like this, and then you've got all those mouth breather face hunters and agro warlocks that have played the same deck for months.

Hope the new expansion can make some more varied play in this game or I see it headed downhill. Players dropping out like flies.

I think this deck does just fine against really aggressive decks, it has all the tools to fight early and then survive late.

Guest Kee

hey guys, I'd like to try this deck, but I'm currently missing Ysera, I believe she's not a key card in this deck, any recommendations for a replacement?

hey guys, I'd like to try this deck, but I'm currently missing Ysera, I believe she's not a key card in this deck, any recommendations for a replacement?

Try any other big dragon (Chrommagus or Malygos, not Deathwing) but I think Ysera is rather important.

Guest Acklay

I'm having a lot of fun playing this deck.  I'm around rank 14, and I auto-lose to paladin rush decks.  Any suggestions?

If you're encountering a lot of Aggro, you can cut one or two late-game cards for Zombie Chow, Cone of Cold, or Ice Barrier.

any upgrades from tgt for this deck?

Twilight Guardians are gonna have to be included.. Probably in place of the twilight drakes

Sign in to follow this