FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rag

Small Raid Size, Tier Bonuses, Talents

Hey guys, first post so I apologize for any mistakes I might make. 

So my question, discussion, is based mainly around interactions between the 17 2 and 4pc and the 18 2pc, and how that might change based on raid size. So I currently have all 5 pc of heroic 17 tier, and some other either 17 mythic non tier or warforged 17 non-tier, I only wear 4 pcs at a time and just swap out the shoulders for mythic neckbreaker with a socket. However my guild is currently raiding normal HFC, so I was wondering about the priority of the 18 2pc over the 17 4pc. I think in a decent sized raid group that 4 pc even after the nerf is exceptionally strong, and a good mana conservation talent, however due to some RL issues, our raid group has dropped from 16 people to 10-12. On top of that we're a ranged dps heavy group, meaning my chain heals frequently won't get the full benefit of hightide, and hit 7 people. If it were heroic tier I feel that the ilvl boost would be enough to warrant swapping out the old tier, but with it being only 10 ilvls at best, and less for any warforged gear, how the two would stack up in a raid group of my size. In addition, and quasi-related, I've been messing around with talents, and was wondering about throughput questions between EotE and AS. Now in fights where im utilizing my double SLT, then it's irrelevant, thats a huge CD thats worth some small healing increase. However on fights where that isn't the case, does AS jump ahead? And finally, in that case should I go back to glyph-ing RT, because I feel that nerfs the 18 2pc. I know this has been a monster of a post so thanks for any help :D. If anyone wants to just respond to any portion, thats fine, I just felt that all the questions sort of had synergy together in their answers.

Well, first think that I'd like to say: forget about Glyph of Riptide. Just delete it from you mind completely :)

All the T18 bonuses - 2-p, 4-p and the class trinket are dancing around the Riptide spell. Cutting 75% of it's initial heal, you just trash all your bonuses.

EotE vs AS - no, if you have T18. More Riptides > more benefit from 2-p bonus.

You can switch to AS on the fights like Hellfire Assault where there's literally nothing to heal but still... I don't see a real healing benefit from switching (but you can do it if you are bored and have too much mana :) ).

Btw, Chain Heal with High Tide heals maximum 6 targets, not 7: 4 initial and two more with Riptide.

Regarding 4-p T17 to 2-p T18 switching - I did this and it looks awesome. 

Here is my log with 4-p T17 and here with 2-p T17 and 2-p T18. Look at the difference in Riptide average and Crit. It's awesome and I'd say that we definitely could trade this small mana gain from 4-p T17 (it's been pretty rare recently 5-7 times during a fight) for a nice crit of Riptide.

"Here is my log with 4-p T17 and here with 2-p T17 and 2-p T18. Look at the difference in Riptide average and Crit. It's awesome and I'd say that we definitely could trade this small mana gain from 4-p T17 (it's been pretty rare recently 5-7 times during a fight) for a nice crit of Riptide."

Well that looks great, that was my initial read, and yeah I noticed that it hasn't been proccing as much, I don't know if it was another situation like the candle earlier where the actual rate was higher than stated and was brought down to 8% or it got an internal nerf on top of the external ones addressed. And I meant 6 lol I was writing 17 so much I got turned around, but thats awesome to be able to see the logs for a distinct before and after. And to be honest thats great news about the glyph of RT. I hated it so much but for our raid size and to be able to always get the most out of HT I felt it was nec with AS. But I hate removing the bulk of that initial heal, its our only instant cast spell and being able to use that as a quick save is very nice. I only have the tier helm but tonight we're likely downing 2-3 tier bosses, between that and bonus rolling, I'm hoping to get that 2pc rolling and its great to know that its the right way to go. Thanks :D, but while we're on the topic of tier and class trinkets, how highly do you rate ours for resto? I thought that it has some great use, and synergies well with our 18, however some of the discussion I've seen (mostly from the PTR, I can't find much of anything for resto since 6.2 dropped, aside from pretty basic stuff) didn't rate it all that highly. I was wondering if either you have experience or knowledge of where it compares to some of the other trinkets, minus the phylactery because... yeahhhh :D:D. Some people seem to put it as our #2 and some place it below that weird leech trinket and some even below the on-use trinket from Kilrogg. 

Heyas!

I checked you Armory link now and was wondering whether you were assigned to tank healing? Why are you using Unleashed Fury talent?

Regarding our T-18 bonuses and class trinket, here's a very nice blog entry (cheers, Dayani): 6.2 Mini-Analysis: RIPtide (Resto Shaman t18 Set Bonuses & Archimonde Trinket)

TL;DR for 2 pieces of tier 18:

1. Increases the average healing of Riptides by the formula of 1+(0.25/(1+CritChance)). The overall healing gain from the bonus would be around 3-4%.

2. Increases our Resurgence returns from Riptide. No big numbers here but it's free ^^

TL;DR for 4 pieces of tier 18:

1.The set-bonus-generated Riptide does include the up-front heal portion, not just the HoT.

2. The Riptide has a separate spell ID from player-casted Riptides, and therefore stacks, meaning that you do not overwrite an existing, hard-casted Riptide.

3. If you are using Glyph of Riptide, the up-front portion of the 4pc Riptide is also reduced by 75%

4.  The set-bonus-generated Riptides do interact with High Tide

5. When you use Unleash Life, both heals are buffed by 30%: the initial Chain Heal hit and the resulting 4pc Riptide + HoT. If you have specced Unleashed Fury, the T18 Riptide and its HoT gets the 50% bonus healing.

6. We’re looking at a total of a 11-13% increase to our overall healing from the dual effects of this set bonus.

TL;DR for combination of the effects by equipping 4 pieces of tier 18 and the trinket:

1. The Riptides spread by the Core of the Primal Elements effect are affected by the 2-piece set bonus.

2. The Riptide generated by the 4-piece set bonus can be instantly spread by the trinket on the same cast.

3. You can get a lot of High Tide bounces without ever having to cast Riptide.

4. If a player has two of your Riptide HoT effects active, the trinket chooses the one with the longest duration to spread.

5. As the set bonus Riptide and a player-casted Riptide have separate spell IDs, it’s possible for the trinket to spread one, the other, or both, to the same player.

6. We’re looking at a total of about 15% increase to our overall healing from the combination of bonuses and trinket.

Dayani writes that the class trinket bonus is not that great in the overall healing gain numbers right now. But it works nice together with our tier set bonuses so while I wouldn't kill myself trying to achieve it, I'll definitely give it a go if I'll be lucky with drop.

Right I had read that, however it was from the start of 6.2 (I think they mention it was PTR testing) so I just didn't know if that was still the consensus. So fairly mediocre without the tier, but does get better and better with the 2 and 4pc. Cool cool, thanks! And I just was using it because I was helping my girlfriend run some mythic dungeons and some of the tanks in there are a little dicey so I like having that to help keep a tank up a little longer when they over-pull or so I can precast it when I see a dps has aggro to get them back to full after one HW or HS. For almost every fight I have EB, sometimes on certain farm bosses might take PE, just to mess around and do something different. But EB is certainly my comfort blanket spell in that tier. 

...I just was using it because I was helping my girlfriend run some mythic dungeons...

Ah, that makes perfect sense. I use Unleashed Fury in dungeons too. It's all about single target healing, help with dps on bosses and utility. So for 5-man i'm switching to Totemic Persistance / Totemic Projection, Ancestral Swiftness, Unleashed Fury and Storm Elemental.

Really, storm elemental huh? I know it got a buff sometime in 6.1 but I thought it was still so atrocious that it wasn't worth it XD But yeah thats similar to what I run for them, I usually had been swapping back to persistence and going to the old CBT, mainly because it was kind of fun at the start of WoD before the tier came in so I figure why not. I also like to mess around with AG instead of rushing streams to get a rough estimate of what that looks like in terms of the healing it puts out, since I thought it might have a niche in raiding as well with all of the different zones we have to go in for I think 3-4 of the bosses. Still very situational and not powerful enough to warrant a pick unless the only issue is keeping people up in that different zones. Maybe in H/M Kilrogg but even then I don't see it getting out of hand in there with ascendance up, I hardly have to do anything with that up usually, but not sure how the damage scales in there with the different difficulties.

Really, storm elemental huh? 

To help with dps in dungeons ^^

I'm using all the elementals on bosses and dps by myself when possible: faster kill - less to heal smile.png

Might be a habit from CMs and healing in ele spec in MoP. It was fun! 

I also like to mess around with AG instead of rushing streams to get a rough estimate of what that looks like in terms of the healing it puts out, since I thought it might have a niche in raiding as well with all of the different zones we have to go in for I think 3-4 of the bosses. 

I use AG in the other realm on Heroic Kilrogg. It's perfect there: 2 min CD exactly the time between realms and heals 3 people - you and 2 dps.

In this case I can keep HTT and Ascendance for the outside healing

Ahaha see I was enhance in MoP so I missed out, I actually hardly healed all of MoP but did healing on my holy priest for heroic raiding in cata :D. And awesome, initially we had our raid leader, another solid dps and I go in, but our RL left recently so we had to send in others, before I didn't have to pop any CDs aside from maybe a SLT, but he was a feral druid so he was able to do great damage and hold most of the aggro, not to mention never stood in fire XD, so had to start using a healing CD which was a drag because I'd much rather use them outside with that enormous healing buff. Still did great healing, but know that AG is viable in there is phenomenal aha. I'm so glad I finally just made an account on here, I always have very specific questions, always trying to squeeze as much healing out of my class as possible, but haven't been able to find the answers anywhere, so I had to just try and compare logs, but finding just sort of high quality, but not like top 100 shamans is time consuming as all get out. And most of the top 100 are on 100% farm single healing with some sort of massive exploit just to get those top positions lol. So being able to talk on here is really great :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gorilliaz2
      So I have been looking everywhere for an answer to this question but have not seen anyone talking about it. 

Does the enhance class trinket from Archimonde cause the tier 17 4 set (feral spirits proc windfury) to do the bonus damage? 

I personally do NOT like the tier 18 2 and 4 set bonus.  I can see where it can be useful but personally I like 17 better and will use it until I get a definitive answer. 

• By Sajakain
      =============================================================

This thread will be used as the round table in which we discuss our Tier 18 set bonuses, warriors! This tier brings us the Battlegear of Iron Wrath which is obtained in Hellfire Citadel. As with the last tier, we have three different recolors / skins and they are provided for preview below:
      Battlegear of Iron Wrath (Normal) Battlegear of Iron Wrath (Heroic) Battlegear of Iron Wrath (Mythic) =============================================================

Here are the set bonuses to this tier. 

2-PC Set Bonuses:
      Arms: Your Rend periodic damage ticks have a 60% chance to reset the cooldown of Mortal Strike. Fury: While Bloodsurge is active, your Wild Strike critical strike chance is increased by 50% and Wild Strike critical strike damage is increased by 12% Protection / Gladiator: Reduces the cooldown of your Last Stand ability by 50%. While in Gladiator Stance, the damage bonus from being Enraged is increased by 12%.  
      4-PC Set Bonuses:
      Arms: Your Rend deals damage 50% more often. Fury: Your Wild Strike critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Recklessness by 20 seconds. Protection / Gladiator: Shield Barrier's effect is increased by 200% when used during Last Stand. While in Gladiator Stance, your Shield Charge also causes you to Enrage.
    • By Pandacho
      This thread is for all Shaman specs tips, tricks and discussions in how to best handle the various boss fights throughout Hellfire Citadel. Feel free to contribute or discuss encounter-specific anything.

Hellfire Assault
      Iron Reaver
      Kormrok
      Hellfire High Council
      Kilrogg Deadeye
      Gorefiend
      Shadow-Lord Iskar
      Fel Lord Zakuun
      Socrethar the Eternal
      Xhul'horac
      Tyrant Velhari
      Mannoroth
      Archimonde

Hellfire Assault (top)

[Resto] [Heroic]

Well, my best advice for a resto shaman on this fight: respec to dps
      It is a very easy fight in terms of healing, the raid rarely drops below 70%HP if doing the mechanics right. This encounter could be easily healed with 3 healers for 20 people on Heroic and a resto shaman is the worst performer here (would barely benefit from Mastery).
      If you are healing this fight:
      1. Go full Haste - 2-3 times of raid wide damage from Metamorphosis could be easily healed with your HTT and Ascendance CDs.
      2. Use all your utility totems to help the raid - stuns, spell reflects, Spirit Link when having 2-4 Felcasters metamorphose together and cast uninterruptable Felfire Volleys.
      3. Use your Fire Elemental and dps the boss on the start of the fight.
      4. Dispel Conducted Shock Pulse asap: its damage is trivial but you can’t afford people being stunned for 6 sec (especially when this happens on top of the bombs)

This fight is really easy in terms of healing and if your raid is not using the tactic ‘gather everything and AoE it on top DPS’, resto shamans wouldn’t shine

[utility]

Archigos: Grounding totem can absorb the entire Volley of Metamorphosed Felcaster.
        Iron Reaver (top)

[utility]
      Iron Reaver targets healers specifically with his Barrage ability (at least on Normal and Heroic). Assign all the healers to stay on the one side of boss while all the dps on the other side. Still don't forget /range 8.
      Handling Barrage in this way will save you a lot of healing.

[Resto] [Heroic]

Very intensive Ground Phase.
      I highly recommend you to stay full time in melee range and to ask your ranged dps to come closer - it helps a lot to avoid Barrage damage and move from Blitz. Do not chase people hit and dragged by Blitz, there's a big chance that you'll end in the same position.
      Use your raid CDs on Pounding. Do not wait for it to start - drop HTT or cast Ascendance 1-2 sec before. The damage is very intensive and entering Pounding with 50-60% HP could leave you behind on healing and cause unexpected deaths from multiplied abilities.
      Do not bother with Healing Rain because normally you should stay 8 yards apart from each other in order to not get hit by somebody’s Unstable Orb.
      Do not hesitate to burn your mana with Chain Heals here - you will have plenty of time to regen it in Air Phase.
      When the Air Phase starts, wait for the first Artillery targets announcement and Immolation. After it you’ll have enough time to channel your mana pot.
      Help to dps Firebombs - there’s not much to heal in this phase while killing the bombs in time is very important.

Kormrok (top)
        [Resto] [Heroic]

You can dps in the first 20-30 sec of the fight - not much to heal during this period. HST, Riptides and Healing Rain on the melee camp would be enough.
      Use your raid CDs during Pound cast. Our 3 min CDs align pretty nice with every Pound cast.
      I would advise to use SLT on Grasping Hands. In addition, in this fight I’m using Int pot instead of mana pot for the healing boost during Grasping Hands/Pound combination.

[Enhancement]

demonardvark: When the hands are about to be cast run to the outside of your raid group and face in. You can spread your flame shock to most of the hands and fire nova for huge dps gains (and freeing your raid group sooner).

Hellfire High Council (top)
        [Resto] [Heroic]

I would advise to use both dispel glyphs here (double dispel and healing on dispel)
      Do not dispel Mark of the Necromancer before it comes to 3 stacks and even here wait 5-6 sec before dispelling. In this case the amount of players affected by the debuff would be minimal.
      Use your CDs during Wailing Horror and Windwalk. SLT would be nice if you raid is using ‘stack loosely in the middle’ tactic.

Kilrogg Deadeye (top)

[Resto] [Heroic]

For this fight I’m using Ancestral Guidance when going to Death Realm. It aligns perfectly with the number of people and Realm CD.
      In this case I can use HTT and Ascendance outside for Death Throes casts.
      Two things to mention:
      - Keep an eye on your buff stacks in Death Realm. In the second you get 20 stacks - jump into the fire, die and get out. You can’t get more than 20 stacks of buff so there’s no reason to stay there.
      - When you get out from Death Realm, run immediately to melee camp and stay there for all the Death Throes casts while you have the buff: you will not be hit by missiles and your Defying Death buff absorbs 1m of damage done.
        [ele/enh]

Derienn: Frozen Power talent and the Glyph of Frost Shock were really useful for holding Salivating Bloodthirsters in place on Kilrogg.

Gorefiend (top)
        [Resto] [Heroic]

Well, you should use all the CDs during Feast of Souls. No need to use them all together, start from HTT - it would heal people while they are gathering up. Use both SLT during other healers CDs - it will help to redistribute the healing.
      If you need to channel a pot, do it right after the end of Feast of Souls but I would advise for a regular mana potion for this fight - too much stuff could disturb your channeling.
      Inside the stomach:
      You definitely should heal the Tortured Essences on Heroic. And it’s not because of their AoE but because of the raid wide Slow debuff. Too much health they’ll have > more time to kill them > people are slowed and can’t run out with Touch of Doom or kite the Constructs.
      I was using VuhDo target frame to heal them but it started to bug and disappear in the start of the fight so I wrote a macro that targets an add, put a raid mark on them, cast Riptide and two Healing Waves. It’s enough to heal the add to full or at least to 90% HP.
      Normally you should be able to heal 3 Essences and HoT the 4th.
      Macro:
      /target Tortured Essence
      /script if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")==nil then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",1) end
      /castsequence reset=1.8 Riptide, Healing Wave, Healing Wave

Shadow-Lord Iskar (top)

[utility]
      Your raid could benefit from a shaman grabbing the Eye on the start of the fight. Wolf + Unleashed speed buff could speed up the things and prevent the damage from Uncontrolled Radiance. It's not a 'must' - any class can grab the Eye with the speed buff but I would say that healers are optimal for this task - we have nothing to do on the start of the fight.

[Resto]
      The only times to use our raid CDs are the Focused Blast casts. Drop SLT on the last seconds (it's a 12 sec cast so do not use SLT too early) and use HTT for the first Blast and Asc for the second.
      Theoretically you can use a CD if things went ugly with Fel Chakram or Fel Bomb going off in raid but they are mistakes in handling the fight, so you shouldn't plan raid CDs for this kind of damage.

I would advise for healers to use Iskar Assist addon on this fight if handling Phantasmal Winds and Fel Bomb dispels only with Action Button is problematic for you.
      Tick off everything in Options except of Phantasmal Winds and Fel Bomb debuffs.

Throw the Eye to another healer on 6 stacks of Radiance of Anzu debuff on Heroic (irrelevant on Normal).

No need to target heal people with Phantasmal Wounds debuff on Normal and Heroic - the damage is pretty trivial and is healed up mostly by HoTs and AoE healing.

Fel Lord Zakuun (top)

[Resto][Heroic]
      The fight is very short (3-4 min) so you will have only one possibility to use your raid CDs.
      Theoretically it's better to use a Holy Pala with AW or / and a Resto Druid with ToL or HotW during P2 (Disarmed) and to keep HTT and Asc for the last phase (P3: Enrage).

You have to direct heal Befouled targets - every stack of it absorbs about 100K healing on Heroic (about 300K total), so a couple of Riptided crit Healing Surges would be enough. Do not hesitate to use Healing Surge - it does some awesome crits for 100-125K HP and the fight is so short to go OOM.

Socrethar the Eternal (top)

[utility]

You can help with Exert Dominance, Shadow Word: Agony, Shadow Bolt Volley interrupts if your raid doesn't have an assigned rotation.

Bethie: Grounding totem works against Shadow Bolt Volley on Socrethar.

[Resto][Heroic]

Nothing specific we can do during P1 - it's all about damage mitigation on tanks - not a Resto Shamans call.

During P2 we should use all our CDs (SLT, HTT, Asc) for Apocalypse casts. I found out that the first Apocalypse damage is pretty trivial and could be healed with SLT and normal healing only. If it's the same for you, keep HTT for the later ones.

Dispels: use a Glyph of Cleansing Waters for this fight. Do not dispel Shadow Word: Agony immediately if its target doesn't have the Gift of the Man'ari debuff. Ask dps and interrupt by yourself Shadow Word: Agony casts if too many of them are going off because in this case you will just burn all your mana for dispels and go OOM.

Xhul'horac (top)

[utility]
      During P2 and P3, Grounding Totem is perfect to soak Void Surge cast with subsequent Creeping Void patch.
      A WeakAura to track the Void Surge cast:

[Resto][Heroic]
      Use your raid CDs in the last phase (P4: Tearing Apart). The damage here is very high and getting higher during the phase because of Overwhelming Chaos debuff. The raid will take healvy damage from its AoE part every 10 sec., so it would be the best time for the raid CDs.

Tyrant Velhari (top)

Mannoroth (top)

[utility]

Bethie: Grounding totem works against imps on Mannoroth.

Archimonde (top)
    • By Feldar
      Hey guys, 

The new 6.2 PTR patch notes have been released and theres quite some big stuff in it. (read all about it here and new class specific trinkets here)

PATCH CHANGES:
      Restoration
      Chain Heal now heals for 25% more. Riptide no longer increases Chain Heal's effectiveness by 25% on the primary target.  
      TIER 18 SET BONUSES:
      Item - Shaman T18 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) The critical healing of your Riptide is increased to 200%. Item - Shaman T18 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) When you Chain Heal, you also apply Riptide to the primary target.  
      NEW TRINKET:
      Casting Healing Surge, Chain Heal, or Healing Wave on a target with your Riptide on it has a 50.00/57.47/66.16 chance to spread that Riptide to another nearby ally

I'm still looking into it myself but im not 100% sure if i actually want to trade out tier 17 for tier 18. Chain heal has been buffed, equip the shaman trinket, get a few riptides out on the raid and just spam chain heals on riptided targets all day every day?

Further on i dont really like how blizzard makes resto shaman about 1 spell every raid tier... first chain heal and now riptide. And seems to me as well that stat priority might become a bit better for haste and crit. Its all about riptide and the crit value of riptide goes up to 200% with 2 piece. Stack a lot of haste and you get more riptide ticks and more casts off on riptide target that gives free riptides because of the shaman trinket.

What do you guys think of the patch, how will it influence resto shaman in general etcetc. DISCUSS!
    • By Emilianohhgg
      Hi there, my holy paladin is Emilianohhgg-Quel'Thalas if you want to take a look. 

First of all, Im not a native speaker. Sorry for my english  :/

Okay the thing is that i just got the last week 3 tier parts for my HPaladin and i´ve heard that the best talent with tier 17 bonus set is Divine Purpose but at the same time i know LoD is useless in WoD and i dont like random procs either (mainly becoues i get so focus on procing it that i forget to heal properly)

by the other side i've read that sanctified wrath is another great option if you use it with merciful wrath. Im currently using Holy Avenger and im feeling good. but i fell either Divine Purpose + 4th bonus set or Sanctified Wrath + Merciful Wrath + the 4th bonus. 

So now i ask, Wich is better?