Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Odinn

hearthstone Hearthstone Expansion Announced - The Grand Tournament

10 posts in this topic

13028-hearthstone-expansion-announced-th

Blizzard has officially announced the upcoming Hearthstone expansion, The Grand Tournament, coming to Hearthstone in August 2015. Details of the expansion are coming out slowly, but the known details are included in this update!

The Grand Tournament is a card pack expansion, similar to Goblins vs. Gnomes, and introduces over 130 new cards into the game. The expansion will feature new minions in existing 'tribes', like Dragons, and a brand new mechanic called Inspire.

Inspire is a trigger-style mechanic that will apply its effect on minions bearing the mechanic every time your Hero Power is used. Interactions with the Hero Power are the thematic content of the expansion!

Here is Blizzard's official announcement:

Blizzard Icon The Grand Tournament Opens This August

Polish your armor, shoe your steed, and sharpen those lances—The Grand Tournament, Hearthstone’s second expansion, is about to make its triumphant debut!

A Heroic Gathering

Knights of all shapes and sizes from far and wide come together at the Grand Tournament to complete for fame and glory! Years ago, the Argent Crusade started the tournament as a way to find champions fit to take on Azeroth’s greatest villains. Now that the Frozen North is less perilous (and a tad bit warmer), the Grand Tournament has a playful side to it. Ogres, Pirates, Dragons, and even Murlocs have sent their finest Knights, ready to strut their stuff and show what they’re made of—all in the name of fun!

132 New Cards

The Grand Tournament bolsters the expanding Hearthstone library with 132 new cards, introducing all-new spells, weapons, and a retinue of Azeroth’s most renowned Champions ready to join your cause. Here’s a taste of what you can expect when you step into this Grand Tournament!

KIDS629GQQ7H1437158646436.jpg GNVUR4SZKVKU1437172931957.jpg

8J3S78UW5ZFW1437172985984.jpg5WGJEFR1UJAZ1437173033546.jpg NWXDEVBYISE81437173067043.jpg

Become Inspired

The Grand Tournament stands as a shining beacon of friendly competition, emboldening your Hearthstone collection with an impressive procession of knightly prowess. Hearthstone’s newest minion keyword – Inspire – activates after your Hero Power is used. Utilizing your Hero Power while a minion with Inspire is on the board will result in one of any number of effects, a few of which can be seen below!

RGGUYDH80SZR1437158579172.jpg D49TDP1VFVW11437158813864.jpg

A Tournament for the Ages

Commencing in August for Windows ®, Mac®, iOS®, and Android®, The Grand Tournament card packs will be available in the in-game Shop with either gold or real money at the same price as all the other Hearthstone card packs.

As with previous expansions and Adventures, Grand Tournament cards will be included in the Arena on launch day, even if you still haven’t added them to your personal collection.

A Jovial New Board

W6KGP3BTBUN11437176026359.jpg

The Grand Tournament introduces a festive new gameboard on which to do battle. On it, you’ll be able to find all of the appropriate amenities to ensure that your tournament experience is a pleasant one!

Arena Reward Update

Beginning with the launch of The Grand Tournament, the Arena will no longer award players only Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. Instead, players will have a chance to receive a Grand Tournament card pack, Goblins vs Gnomes card pack, ora Classic card pack whenever a pack is awarded. 

Pre-Purchase The Grand Tournament Card Packs!

GKOJRHA8Z4DN1437158127909.png

We’re celebrating The Grand Tournament with an exciting bundle pack offer! Starting next week, players will be able to pre-purchase a bundle of 50 Grand Tournament card packs for $49.99. In addition to 50 Grand Tournament card packs ready to bust open upon launch, the bundle also includes a triumphant new card back!

Card packs from this pre-purchase bundle will be kept sealed until The Grand Tournament officially releases—no peeking! This special offer is only available as a one-time purchase and ends upon the release of The Grand Tournament.

Rally, Champions!

SIDRAARYB6TV1437145447936.jpg

Lead the charge to unveiling all-new cards on the official The Grand Tournament site! Rally the troops and cast your vote to unveil new cards, including the never-before-seen Legendary cards! Check back on the site and cast your vote often, as new cards will be available for you to reveal multiple times each week. CHARGE!

Discuss the new cards revealed in The Grand Tournament on social media using the hashtag #TGT!

The adoration of the crowd awaits: The Grand Tournament of unsurpassed fun begins next month!

Here is the official The Grand Tournament Trailer:

The pre-purchase option is set to open in the final week of July, with the expansion coming out in August 2015!

You can learn more about the expansion on its official card set page:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/the-grand-tournament/

The Grand Tournament is Hearthstone's second major card expansion.

This is looking really good!

Can't wait for GT packs being awarded instead of GvG in arena! :)

I'm excited that we'll be able to choose which pack to open in Arena! Especially for new players seeking to grow their entire collection, this is a much-needed change. I know it has frustrated many to not be able to open Classic packs with Arena runs, but this won't be a problem any more.

The Inspire key word also sounds fun. I can't wait to see the new cards and decks that come out of this!

Are you sure we will be able to choose? It seems to me that the pack will be random

Are you sure we will be able to choose? It seems to me that the pack will be random

It does say a "chance" to receive... This language is too ambiguous to know for sure. Has anyone heard more details on the Arena packs? Is it random or will we get to choose?

It does say a "chance" to receive... This language is too ambiguous to know for sure. Has anyone heard more details on the Arena packs? Is it random or will we get to choose?

It has been confirmed that the pack reward from Arena will be random.

It has been confirmed that the pack reward from Arena will be random.

Thanks for letting us know, Odinn. This is a bit disappointing to me. I had assumed a continuation of the old model, meaning the pack would be from the newest expansion. Then I thought we would get to choose, which would have been fantastic. Making it random seems to be the least appealing option of all, as at least before I new the pack would be from Goblins vs. Gnomes and could plan accordingly. For newer players who don't have many cards from any of the sets, this random model may in fact be better. But for older players hoping to get the new cards as quickly as possible, this is obviously worse. Despite Arena being the most cost-efficient use of your gold (generally speaking), you'll have to buy packs individually to guarantee yourself getting new cards. 

Oh well, I'm still excited for the new expansion!