FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
VenerableTurkey

Log Critique Please

Hey folks, I'm having trouble breaking 25-35k DPS with what I think is gear good enough to do so. I've finally figured out how to make logs so this is my first one, it's of a recent wipe on Kilrogg and note that I was in the first vision so FnB kinda inflates the DPS. Any good criticism on what I may be doing wrong is great!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tPcjYDvZh2FWkpR1/

For Gorefiend you need to line up DS, potion and Doomy better with BL (I guess this was first feast). Then again save DS for the next feast. I would suggest that unglyphed DS would serve you much better here as you can have 40 seconds rather than 20 in the feasts. Do you prefer glyphed anyhow? Most people with CR run without (I think). 

I didn't look at the Kilrogg log in depth as it's a difficult fight to compare especially on a wipe but in the end if you are low on Destro DPS then 95% of the time it is usually down to these issues (and usually the majority of them):

Low DoT uptime.

Low CB usage (usually due to capping or just from not building properly) and especially more CBs during buffs

Lack of preparation for nuke phases

Low F&B CB usage

Low SB sniping (mouseover macro with obvious nameplates is a must to really win)

Low Havoc usage

Not using your tools to cope with movement

Not aligning procs and CDs (nor using potionsx2 in your case)

Weak opener

There are probably others but this should help get you started.

I think it more depends on whether you have the T17 2 set. I still do so I try to avoid going over 2.8 unless I am approaching a nuke phase. If I didn't have it then I would think that my cut off point would be 3.6+ish. It gives a little room for ember gains whilst casting that CB. That's just what I believe though and doesn't mean that it is correct so have a look around at multiple guides.

You mention capping. I've read that some people cast as soon as they get that full second ember and others keep 3 in the tank. Is there a way to manage this or is it just case by case?

I try to keep an eye  on my DS timer and time until special damage phases, like Feast.  Beyond that I fire them off with trinket/ring procs, never going above 2.5 or so due to the t17 bonus.  In one of your parses you were capped for a long time, like 30 seconds or more.

Also Havoc more.  On Kilrogg cast it before adds come out.  He emotes before the orc adds come out and DBM should alert when someone has to go drop the blood add.  Casting Havoc early and often is a significant dps increase.