Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm The Butcher

11 posts in this topic

Looking at the Strategies, Tips and Tricks content, When not teamfighting section should be rewritten abit, because some of the text has been taken from Johanna's guide, for an example:

If there are no map objectives to take, lanes to soak, or enemies to gank, take the Mercenary Camps. They provide a small amount of XP and a significant amount lane pressure. Taking the Mercenary Camps on the enemy's side of the map is risky, and it should only be done if you certain that the enemy team cannot, or will not contest. Johanna is relatively ineffective at capturing Mercenary Camps alone, so you will generally need the assistance of your allies.

Didn't notice any other minor mistakes, heheh ;) The guide's fantastic otherwise, expecially the talent build, now that I've managed to test him against players this week. Compared to many other builds, this one feels somewhat more safe than the others. I'm being told that Nexus Blades is absolute must at level 20, but Bolt of the Storm has secured me many kills and it's the only escape method for The Butcher. And you can't deal damage if you're dead.

Keep up the good work, looking forward for more guides! :)

Looking at the Strategies, Tips and Tricks content, When not teamfighting section should be rewritten abit, because some of the text has been taken from Johanna's guide, for an example:

If there are no map objectives to take, lanes to soak, or enemies to gank, take the Mercenary Camps. They provide a small amount of XP and a significant amount lane pressure. Taking the Mercenary Camps on the enemy's side of the map is risky, and it should only be done if you certain that the enemy team cannot, or will not contest. Johanna is relatively ineffective at capturing Mercenary Camps alone, so you will generally need the assistance of your allies.

Didn't notice any other minor mistakes, heheh wink.png The guide's fantastic otherwise, expecially the talent build, now that I've managed to test him against players this week. Compared to many other builds, this one feels somewhat more safe than the others. I'm being told that Nexus Blades is absolute must at level 20, but Bolt of the Storm has secured me many kills and it's the only escape method for The Butcher. And you can't deal damage if you're dead.

Keep up the good work, looking forward for more guides! smile.png

Oops, that's embarrassing! Will get that fixed asap!

You should consider changing nexus blades to situation if they have a lili or another fast moving character. Another good reason to at it to situational is the your basic attack damage is 20% more on top of fresh meat stacking making you extremely good at killing people before they get out of the ruthless onslaught stun

You should consider changing nexus blades to situation if they have a lili or another fast moving character. Another good reason to at it to situational is the your basic attack damage is 20% more on top of fresh meat stacking making you extremely good at killing people before they get out of the ruthless onslaught stun

I understand your reasoning but my preference is still Bolt of the Storm. You should generally be instantly killing an enemy with Furnace Blast anyway, so fights should be short, preventing Nexus Blades from being effective. Bolt of the Storm provides safety and damage in the form of its utility.

When you said that the butchers lamb to the slaughter is countered by damage blocking spells, how come you didn't mention Abathur's Carapace? Or do shields not count?

When you said that the butchers lamb to the slaughter is countered by damage blocking spells, how come you didn't mention Abathur's Carapace? Or do shields not count?

The guide speaks about Cleanse or abilities that make the target immune (Unstoppable and Invulnerable). Carapace only stops damage.

Hi,

Could you give more insight/update for the Counter section with Zeratul? In Talent builds section you mention that only take block when facing Nova, but in Counter you also say always take Block against Zeratul. Out of date due to Zeratul recent nerf (losing Focused Attack)? Or Block is still valid against Zeratul?

Hello,

I feel that level 16 talent "Enraged" should be expanded upon. While the reasons for other talents are very viable, "Enraged" too has it's place. 

The way I see it, it main goal lies in following up with the engage. Just like all melee assasins, butcher is very susceptible to stun locks. This talent allows to have an opportunity to land a mark and follow up on it in comparison to alternative of being stunned/kited into oblivion. I don't see the situations of rewind Muradin/Uther/Tyrande/Diablo particularly far fetched.

Paired up with spell shield,  Butcher can have one of the strongest engages on the competent team. He can absorb enemy's burst while staying alive, mostly on his own. This eases strain on the healer and allows for much safer engage for the rest of the team.

Best regards.

This build guide desperately needs to be updated since the October patch. I would love that - thanks. :) 

On 10/30/2016 at 6:27 PM, Guest Update Please said:

This build guide desperately needs to be updated since the October patch. I would love that - thanks. :) 

Made a note of it, thanks :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0