FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ciachoo333

Gear tuning for Holy, worth of 2P T17 vs. HFC loot

Hello,

I have a question for Holy priests around. I saw many discussions on best tier setup for Hellfire Citadel, and I'm quite sure everyone supported keeping 2P T17 bonus for progression, my question is - as long as I can't get the mythic T17 parts, is it even worth to switch (recommended) gloves to heroic T17 and perhaps keep the shoulders to stay with +4 stacks of PoM? What that will do is reduce my ilvl on gloves by 16 and potentially (when I drop the shoulders from Xhul'horac) by 10+ by the shoulders. I'm quite sure this is gonna outweight the tier bonus, and I have NO real chance of getting the mythic version of these T17 items.

EDIT: I haven't added my armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Koryntianka/simple

Edited by Ciachoo333

I dropped my 4pc pretty quickly, noit sure if it was the right choice or not as I didn't really make any comparison before and after.

Saying that a lot of my old tier was 685 ilvl so when thats being swapped out for 1-2 710/715 pieces from HFC the extra stats will probably make it beneficial overall.

Best in bags from askmrrobot.com can help you with any gearing decisions as well :D HTH!

The 2pc for holy is nice but its hard to judge its true potential on average since its usefulness is difficult to measure. I have a world 9th holy priest mythic parse for Iron Reaver here to look at still running my T17 2pc:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Z9gfFAQ4WnjRqCTh#fight=12&type=healing&source=1&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24healing%240%240.0.0.Any%24158486676.0.0.Priest%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%2433110

Included on that above the timeline is PoM's healing timeline as an ability. During the raid damage pulses you see it spike considerably. 

I hard cast PoM 18 times during the fight (which is way too low quite frankly ) and had 30 procs of mending go off. So assuming 48 total times PoM was dumped into the raid we had a return of 287 registered "ticks" of it over the fight. 287/48 = ~5.97 so lets say on average each cast of PoM resulted in roughly 6 jumps worth of healing.

This might make you think its not worth much then if, of the 9 hops, it only on average jumps one more than base. But its the reason why I linked the above seperation of PoM above the main timeline. Breaking down slices of the spikes I sometimes see only 1 hard cast of PoM and 2 stacks of mending go out yet I see 48+ hits of PoM happening since it was sitting on a few targets before raid damage waiting to bounce around to its full potential. Then when people get really spread or raidwide damage calms down we see it barely doing much.

To see great breakdowns of gear for each slot for holy priests check this post on mmo-champion.

My TL;DR of this would be: If you are planning to just do heroic HFC then stick with 2pc T17 + 2pc T18 (at least on high raid damage pulsing fights). Otherwise if you are going into mythics then drop it once you pick up the higher itemized off pieces and completely ignore 4pc T18.

Thanks for response.

As I checked top30 hpriests, most of them had 2p T17 even on full mythic clear fights. Talk about itemization in WoD...

Yes, it all breaks down to the small changes in gear, if I had 2 mythic pieces of T17 I would just equip it (hands+shoulders) and cheese through. I'll try to farm the T17 gloves on heroic, if I can't get them it won't matter. I'm probably switching to disc now, as I have 4/4 bonus and I can just rule the recounts by spamming the shields and Penance.