Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Odinn

blizzard Get Ready for gamescom 2015!

1 post in this topic

13103-get-ready-for-gamescom-2015.png

Blizzard has released a preview of the content they will be highlighting at gamescom 2015 across their six franchises. The main highlight is the announcement of the next World of Warcraft expansion, but other games will be getting exclusive content featured during the event as well.

Here are the important reveals (streams daily at 18:00 CEST):

• Thursday: World of Warcraft - New expansion announcement
  • Friday: Hearthstone & Heroes of the Storm - Exclusive content during the live stream 
  • Saturday: Overwatch & StarCraft - Allied Commanders playable for the first time, exclusive content during the live stream

The complete details follow:

Blizzard Icon Get Ready for gamescom 2015!

Blizzard’s gearing up for another epic gamescom this year! From August 5-9, we’ll be providing plenty of entertainment at our biggest booth to date in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

The highlight of the show will happen on the Blizzard stage on Thursday, August 6 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, when we unveil the next expansion for World of Warcraft! Catch it in person or via live stream at www.blizzgc.com.

We’ll have four packed days of activities around all of our games. You can experience everything from competitive gameplay to developer signing sessions, from our famous costume and dance contests to live music—including a special performance from Video Games Live! There are prizes to be won in live quizzes each day, as well as our costume and dance contests. Want to show off your moves? Sign up at the booth! Be sure to check out the below tabs for all the game-specific activities, and visit the website for a full stage schedule.

Of course you’ll also get hands-on play time with our games. Hearthstone will be available on PC and tablet, including some new cards from the upcoming expansion, The Grand Tournament. You can battle it out inHeroes of the Storm, and try out Overwatch for the first time in Europe. Experience StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void and its new co-operative mode, Allied Commanders, and fight the formidable Iron Horde in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

You’ll also have loads of photos opportunities at our booth, including statues and weapon props used in the upcoming Warcraft movie! Share your Blizzard at gamescom experience on social media using the#BlizzGC2015 hashtag, and your post may appear on our dedicated site.

To pick up a souvenir, including some exclusive items, stop by the Blizzard shop in Hall 5. Stay tuned for more details on the shop in the coming days.

And if you can’t be at gamescom in person, be sure to watch our live-streamed show each evening for exclusive content, developer interviews, and more. Tune in to www.blizzgc.com at 18:00 CEST Thursday-Saturday, and at 17:00 CEST on Sunday.

World of Warcraft

• Fight against the formidable Iron Horde in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
  • See top guilds battling it out in live raids and racing through Challenge Mode dungeons
  • Show us your moves in the World of Warcraft dance contest
  • Representing the World of Warcraft development team: Executive Producer J. Allen Brack, Game Director Tom Chilton, Creative Director Alex Afrasiabi, and Lead Game Designer Ion Hazzikostas
  • See the next expansion unveiled on Thursday, August 6 at 18:00 CEST
  • Watch the live-streamed show on Sunday, August 9 at 17:00 CEST, featuring exclusive World of Warcraft content and developer interviews

StarCraft

• Try out StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, with the new co-operative mode, Allied Commanders, playable for the first time
  • See pro players display their skills in show matches
  • Representing the StarCraft II development team: Senior Game Designer David Kim and Lead Game Producer Tim Morten
  • Watch the live-streamed show on Saturday, August 8 at 18:00 CEST, featuring exclusive Legacy of the Void content and developer interviews

Diablo

• Lead Character Artist Paul Warzecha will bring the world of Sanctuary to life with live 3D modelling exhibitions on our main stage

Hearthstone

• Play Hearthstone on PC and tablet, including some new cards from the upcoming expansion, The Grand Tournament
  • See some of your favorite Hearthstone personalities, including Kripparrian, sling cards in show matches at our booth
  • Representing the Hearthstone development team: Executive Producer Hamilton Chu, Senior Game Designer Mike Donais, and Senior Director of Business Operations Walter Kong
  • Watch the live-streamed show on Friday, August 7 at 18:00 CEST, featuring exclusive Hearthstone content and developer interviews

Heroes of the Storm

• Battle it out in Blizzard’s new team brawler of heroic proportions, with a few surprises
  • See some of your favorite YouTubers clash in show matches
  • Representing the Heroes of the Storm development team: Game Director Dustin Browder and Lead Game Producer Kaeo Milker
  • Watch the live-streamed show on Friday, August 7 at 18:00 CEST, featuring exclusive Heroes of the Storm content and developer interviews

Overwatch

• Try out Blizzard’s upcoming team-based shooter, playable for the first time in Europe
  • See Overwatch cosplayers display their creations
  • Representing the Overwatch development team: Game Director Jeff Kaplan, VFX Supervisor Jeff Chamberlain, Senior Game Designer Michael Chu, and Senior Game Producer Matthew Hawley
  • Watch the live-streamed show on Saturday, August 8 at 18:00 CEST, featuring exclusive Overwatch content and developer interviews

Will you be attending Gamescom, or tuning in to Blizzard's live streams? What are you hoping to see revealed for the different games next week?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      Dave Kosak announced on Twitter that he is now part of the Hearthstone team.
      Dave Kosak is best known as the Lead Narrative (Quest) Designer for World of Warcraft, his role being the creation of "overarching story vision for the franchise" and its implementation ingame. Today, Kosak announced that he is now working with the Hearthstone team.
      Placeholder for tweet 803683460330102784 What could this mean for the future of both franchises? Well, we've recently seen that Hearthstone is becoming more independent from World of Warcraft by having its own unique characters and unexplored storylines. League of Explorers and the soon-to-be-released Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion are good examples of how Hearthstone slowly deviated from its origins. We've also seen Hearthstone characters find their way into World of Wacraft: for example, Sir Finley is a quest giver in Legion.
      It's possible that the devs want to expand even further on the lore of Hearthstone, perhaps making it a separate, spin-off universe altogether. Moreover, it's not entirely unlikely that the story of Hearthstone can inspire the story of World of Warcraft in the future and not the other way around as it was the case up until now.
      At any case, we wish Dave the best of luck in his new position!
    • By Realbookwurm
      Celebrating the life of a Blizzard employee through the games he helped craft.

Well this is not new news, in fact we had reported about the sudden appearance of 
      Kanai's Stomping Grounds the day it occurred, Blizzard has released an official acknowledgement of this previously unknown level.

The post on Battle.net addresses the appearance of the level, confirms that this will be a part of the game annually, and summarises who Kevin was to Blizzard. 

Blizzard has done an exceptional job of honoring one of their fallen with this tribute, and I just wanted to highlight it so that more people can understand the man behind the reason. 

Normally, I urge readers to drop their comments below, but this time I urge you to take any nice things you have to say over to the actual post.

Thanks for reading guys, and stay tuned.

• By Starym
      It came as quite a shock to all of us when Chris Metzen announced he was retiring, not only from Blizzard but from gaming in general. Now, in an interview with Scott Johnson of the Instance podcast, Chris talks about the reasons behind his decision. The whole thing is well worth a listen, but here are some highlights:.
      "Leaving Blizzard was an incredibly difficult thing. I'd been there since, essentially, I was a kid. I think I was 19 when I got hired and it was my whole life, it was my identity. And it was in many ways, all-consuming. It was just incredible, but there can be a cost sometimes to running that hard."
      As expected, developing Titan and then transforming it into Overwatch was extremely difficult and took its toll.
      "I think during those years I burned out really hard. I think in my heart, I needed a change in my life. I wanted to slow down, I wanted to just not carry the weight of it all. But when you've been at a company like Blizzard for as long as I have, I think about Shawshank Redemption: I'm an institutional man now. I'm a Blizzard guy, through and through. I love that place. I love the people. It made me feel schizophrenic."
      "I started having panic attacks left and right and just non-stop anxiety. Before I finally retired, I think I had been having panic attacks all the time, but I didn't know what they were. Kat and I would go on dates to go to a movie and almost all the time, I would start panicking in the middle of a movie. I had no idea what was going on."
      That and his new born daughter added up to the decision to leave Blizzard and the wider gaming world behind, a decision we can all respect, and, in our own selfish way, be saddened by.
      Unfortunately SoundCloud embeds don't seem to be working right now so you can listen to the full interview here.
      Via Eurogamer.
    • By Starym
      42 million monthly active users across all Blizzard games and more data from the quarterly financial report.

Activision Blizzard shared their quarterly financial report and boy did they have something to report. It seems in Q3 of 2016 Blizzard had the biggest quarterly online player community in its history, with 42 million monthly active users across all games. This number has doubled in the last two years with the primary user sources being Overwatches huge popularity (it was the fastest Blizzard game to reach 20 million players), Legion's launch and Hearthstone which also had record  monthly users for the quarter.
      In more detailed statistical news, the overall number is up 25% quarter-over-quarter and 50% year-over-year, with Legion growing WoW's monthly active user numbers by 30% quarter-over-quarter. As you'd expect, game engagement also followed suit, with record daily and weekly active users, unique users and play time, and even the Legion companion app saw millions of users  loging into it 4-5 times a day. It seems Blizzard has a lot to celebrate at Blizzcon these next few days, so let's all join in the fun and be proud to be part of such a massive community!
      For an even more detailed look at Acti-Blizz's finances you can check out the full report.
    • By Zadina
      As the release date for the DVD and Blu-ray of Warcraft approaches, let's take a look at the rewards you can get in Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft by purchasing either version.
      Physical copies of Warcraft on DVD and Blu-ray will have some lucrative goodies for fans of the Warcraft universe. The copies will come with digital codes for a Medivh Mage hero in Hearthstone, Gul'dan in Heroes of the Storm and another copy of World of Warcraft with 30 days of game time.
      Warcraft will be available on September 27 in the U.S. and Canada. It is not known when it is going to be released in Europe and the rest of the world, although French sites report that this should happen around the 11th of October. Lastly, it is not sure if there will be a similar offer in the rest of the world, although we find it unlikely that it won't happen.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      From Legendary and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, WARCRAFT is preparing to invade homes worldwide, and it’s bringing a trio of movie-inspired digital extras from Blizzard Entertainment into battle! Inside select physical editions of WARCRAFT on Blu-ray™ and DVD, movie fans will find digital keys that unlock the following extras for a trio of Blizzard games:
      Medivh Hero in Hearthstone – Unleash your favorite Mage deck as the Guardian of Tirisfal. Gul’dan Hero in Heroes of the Storm – Rain fel fire down upon the Nexus as this twisted orc Assassin. Digital copy of World of Warcraft – Start your own adventure in Azeroth—or ask a friend to join you on your journey. Includes 30 days of game time for new players. These goodies are available inside select physical WARCRAFT Blu-ray™ and DVD editions only while supplies last. Be sure to pick up your copy wherever Blu-ray™ and DVDs are sold.
      WARCRAFT is available September 27 in the U.S. and Canada, and throughout September and October worldwide. Check product and promotion availability with your local retailers, as extras may differ outside the U.S. and Canada.
      (source)