Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Onile

X-post from WoW: Macro

3 posts in this topic

I spend most of my game directly targetting tank, then managing other heals with @mouseover macros.

Sometimes though, you roll really well and your crew is so good you don't need to. In these circumstances i wanna spend most cooldowns casting denounce.

The macro im having trouble with looks like this atm:

#showtooltip Denounce

/cast [@target, exist, help]target; [@target, exist, nodead, harm] Denounce

The idea is that I can target ol tank directly, but denounce the boss at the same time.

I also want to get it working for Fist of Justice (a standard stun) so that i can interrupt without messing everything up.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can set the dps target as a focus instead.  Or go off of your Tanks Target..  I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.  Do you want to denounce a specific mob / boss while still targeting the tank?

Also, I don't understand why you're using this part: [@target, exist, help]target; - that doesn't look like it will do anything.

you could do something like 

#showtooltip Denounce
/cast [@focus, exist, nodead, harm] [@targettarget, exist, nodead, harm] Denounce

Basically that will denounce your fous, if you don't have a foucs, it will denounce your tanks target (if you're targeting the tank)

Personally i just have all my heals and hands and stuff as Mouseovermacros, and never target players, that way i just have the boss/other adds as target for denounce and Holy Prism etc.

For me there's no reason to ever target the tank if you have all mouseovermacros

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots
    • By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By Chumani
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=246684

Skywall and Drak'thul! Hai raiders! Chu here! Hope you all are having fun this expansion, I know I am! Corrupted Destiny is currently recruiting for its raid team! We are 7/7 N/H EN and 3/3 N ToV
      Currently we are recruiting and looking for YOU! Come join us, Raiders and Members! Someone always online in guild super fun mature atmosphere! What are you waiting for!
      Don't bother if you think in 'solo' terms. We are a team.... we depend on each other, it's 'we' not 'I". You must play well with others and not run with scissors.
      Tanks are welcome to join us but we have no room on raid team or upcoming alt raid team.
      Regardless if you are ranged or not its always best to inquire, you just never know. We currently average a count of 20 and up on our raid team.
      Raid times:
      Sunday 6:30pm-9pm (pst **west coast server**)
      Tuesday 6:30pm-9pm
      Thursday 6:30pm-9pm
      **Raid times are subject to change.....Additional 'alt' raid will begin soon on different night yet to be determined**
      Alts are welcome
      All adult guild.... **was going to say 'mature' but.... lets just say adult for now** :)
      Must occasionally sacrifice a goat or something to the horde gods.
      Must be willing to flaunt a rare mount if you obtain one in front of whoever desires said mount.Every time you see them.
      Recruiting ANYONE who is looking for a guild to join... we actually have quite a few people online every single day who don't even raid! Then add the raiders and voila! Lots of people online!
      Corrupted Destiny guild is one of the oldest guilds on Skywall realm. Drak'thul is connected now with us. We have watched guilds come and go, but not us!
      Come and be a part of something wonderful! Pack a suitcase, those who visit always stay..... seriously.... can't get rid of them!
      Come and join us.... Corrupted Destiny has been my home since Burning Crusade.... make it yours too!
      COME..... GET..... CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939, Deni#1743, jcoughlin#1132
      ........As the smoke clears and everyone leaves to wait for something different..... Corrupted Destiny can still be seen..... having never left at all..........
      COME GET CORRUPTED!
    • By Waelish
      About Us: <Over Raided> is a semi-hardcore raiding guild on US-Stormrage that was officially created in Mists of Pandaria. Our goal has always been to find the fine line between hardcore raiding and still having fun and enjoying each other’s company. We take our raids seriously and do not waste time, but that doesn’t stop us from joking around with one another during raid. We have a very friendly (note: we are not exactly family-friendly) atmosphere that has kept people around. One thing we are proud of as a guild is that we have a very low turnover rate and many loyal members who have stuck with us from the beginning. We are currently looking for people with similar goals who can attend raids consistently and who can meet the expectations required of mythic raiders.
      Expectations:
      Meet the attendance requirement Know your class - this means being able to play more than one spec at a mythic level Be able to communicate reliably and consistently when needed Have a stable internet connection Be willing to check forums once every few days Be prepared with raiding supplies - the guild bank supplies these but isn't meant to be relied upon Actually WANT to raid. If you're not having fun, don't bring other people down and just take a break Progression: 4/7M Emerald Nightmare, 2/3H Trial of Valor
      Raid Schedule – Eastern Time (EST)
      Tuesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Wednesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Thursday 7:30-10:30PM
      Attendance Policy: Raiders must maintain 90% attendance at all times. Consistency in the raid roster is one of most important things in a mythic raiding guild. If you cannot commit to this attendance requirement, we are not the guild for you.
      How to apply: Go to our website at http://over-raided.enjin.com and review our guild policies on the top menu. After that, simply submit a private application form, which can also be found at the top menu. 
      Loot System: We use the EPGP Lootmaster addon to distribute loot. 
      Voice: Mumble
      Currently recruiting: We will consider any qualified application, but are currently in immediate need of Healers and Ranged DPS   If your class isn't listed here but you're still interested, feel free to apply, or contact one of us.    Contact Information: GM: Adorele (Squee#1987) Raid Leader: Rukoshi (Rukoshi#1218) Recruitment Officer: Waelish (InkedLex#1671) Officer:  Unsafe (Jish#1863)  
    • By Stygge
      High Tech,
      A little info about us - We are a semi serious guild that raids three days a week on Draenor. We have been around for quite some time now and we are in need of a few dedicated and experienced healers as well as ranged DPS for our main team. If you feel like you can perform to a high standard while looking to maintain a fun and enjoyable atmosphere then we are the guild for you.
      Our raid days are as follows: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday (while progressing). Our raid times are 19:15 till 23:30 (realm time) and expect to pull by 19:30. We expect all of our members to be outside by 19:10 and be ready to go with food, flasks, pots and runes for the raid.
      We're looking for healers of any class and more interested in Warlocks, Hunters, Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and Shadow priests for range DPS. If your class isn't here, don't be discouraged. We will always take a good application into consideration.
      If you have any question or wish to apply, please visit http://high-tech.enjin.com/ or contact one of the officers in-game to talk at any time. Giskler (Giskler#2199), Styggedh (Stygge#2648) or Decron (kezrein#2486).