Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadocaster

6637 haste and ~6800 mastery vs 4717 haste and 8K mastery?

6 posts in this topic

As the title says, I have done some simcrafting with two different reforges for haste thresholds. I have heard alot that keeping mastery and haste close together results in higher dps. 10 min fight patchwerk with the following mob numbers gives me these results:

1 - 6637 haste is 500 dps higher

2 - 6637 haste is 700 dps higher

3 - 6637 haste is 900 dps higher

4 - 6637 haste is ~4.5k dps higher zomg

7 - 6637 haste is ~12k dps higher whoahz

Now, normally I would just go with my 6637 haste and 6800 mastery and that is it.

HOWEVER, I have had so many differing opinions about this, people saying not to use simcraft, etc. that I have started to second-guess myself.

Thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Shadocaster/advanced - armory

Haha I literally posted a thread before this asking the same thing, METHOD locks do this, and all it increases is agony and UA dots by 1 tick while lowering my mastery by 4.95% damage. Can't figure out if it's worth it until I raid on weds and see how I compare to the other locks.

I would say to go for the 6637 haste reforge. We are currently working on a tool that should answer this type of questions :P

I would say to go for the 6637 haste reforge. We are currently working on a tool that should answer this type of questions Posted Image

I would be interested in this tool myself. I'm certainly a bit behind the OP's gear, but I'm capable of hitting the haste caps with a difference of either 6990 or 5101 Mastery. I opted for the higher Mastery option this past weekend since I A: Don't have 4-piece yet and B: *just* hit the gear setup that was even capable of letting achieve the higher haste cap.

Edited by Kaboozey

I would be interested in this tool myself. I'm certainly a bit behind the OP's gear, but I'm capable of hitting the haste caps with a difference of either 6990 or 5101 Mastery. I opted for the higher Mastery option this past weekend since I A: Don't have 4-piece yet and B: *just* hit the gear setup that was even capable of letting achieve the higher haste cap.

The results we will obtain will be publicly available and updated (hopefully) weekly. I will probably start testing it with mages, so the first posts about it will be in the mage section.

Mages < Warlocks. At least soon. Damn Arcane Mages competing with my Affliction Warlock! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR STINK TO THE WARLOCK FORUMS?

2 people like this