FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I am at 15 3 stars from 18 2 stars but this deck says that is capable of much more to legend rank. Please make suggestions... Thanks!!!

2 mana wyrm

2 frostbolt

1 unstable portal

1 annoy-o-tron

2 mechwarper

2 snowchugger

1 arcane intellect

1 ice block

2 harvest golems

2 spider tanks

1 tinker town tech

2 fireballs

1 polymorph

1 goblin blastmage

1 mechanical yeti

1 piloted shredder

1 azure drake

1 faceless manipulator

1 piloted sky golem

1 flamestrike

1 dr.boom

1 ragnaros

1 pyroblast

First, I would replace both Mana Wyrms with two Cogmaster for better mech synergy. If you want to focus on explosive starts you can keep the Wyrms, but then replace some of the late-game cards and play more aggressively. It seems like this deck isn't sure if it's aggro or midrange. If you keep the Mana Wyrms then add a second Unstable Portal to complement the Wyrm's ability.

Second, I would replace Ice Block and Polymorph with second copies of Piloted Shredder and Mechanical Yeti. These are solid 4-drops in any deck, but they are especially powerful in mech decks where you can play them on turn 3 after dropping Mechwarper on turn 2. This will put immense pressure on your opponent. Plus having two copies will make your deck more consistent. Ice Block and Polymorph are defensive cards that are too slow for the standard mech mage archetype.

Third, I would add a second Goblin Blastmage and take out the Flamestrike or Faceless Manipulator. Goblin Blastmage is a powerful, proactive play that gets great value as long as you have a mech out (which you should). Faceless is a bit situational. Flamestrike is another defensive card that fits great in control decks, but it doesn't fit quite as well here where your game plan is to have consistent board pressure.

Last, I would add Archmage Antonidas in place of Ragnoros or Pyroblast. Antonidas is the best finisher for mech mage due to his synergy with spare parts. If you are intent on playing this deck then definitely save up your dust for him. If you add him then you could also add a couple of Clockwork Gnomes to get you more spare parts, perhaps in place of the Harvest Golems.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!! My deck can be aggro or tempo depending on my opponent. If the other person is shaman or spell person, I save cards and establish board control by clearing early game with frostbolts and buffing mana wyrms to deal damage. The reason I keep Ice Block is because when against Zoo Warlocks at Rank 14, they life tap a lot allowing me to take advantage of that by spells to the face if the Warlock has board control. When they try to win, my ice block saves me and I pyroblast their face. I will keep in mind to try to get ArchMage Antonidas as my friend has it and is doing very well. I have the spare part gvg cards such as clockwork, tinker town, mechanical yeti.

I will add the Unstable but please suggest onto what to take out, you said to take out a high cost so I'm thinking a Mechanical Yeti or Polymorph to buff mana wyrms and possibly get legendaries from the portals. Lastly, the goal of the 3 costs are to develop board control and soaking up removal spells so I can board clear suddenly with Flamestrike/Dr.Boom and Win with the rag / pyroblast.

I will add the Unstable but please suggest onto what to take out, you said to take out a high cost so I'm thinking a Mechanical Yeti or Polymorph to buff mana wyrms and possibly get legendaries from the portals. 

I would leave in Mechanical Yeti, but you can replace the Polymorph with the Portal. Unstable Portal is a much better tempo play than Polymorph, as it synergizes with Mana Wyrm and often results in a free minion to play the same turn. Polymorph is a dead card in the early turns as you want to use it on large threats, and even late-game it will keep you from establishing your board and therefore slow you down. It's great for a control deck, but is not ideal for aggro/tempo. If you feel like you need something to get through taunts then perhaps you could use Spellbreaker, which has the same mana cost as Polymorph and still develops your board. Or you could use Ironbeak Owl for a cheaper silence.

• Like 1