Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

d3 Patch 2.3.0 Preview: Items and Sets

1 post in this topic

Blizzard revealed some of the new items that will be available for players starting in Patch 2.3.0 today on the Diablo blog - new and updated sets, legendary items, and more!

The complete Diablo blog post follows:

Blizzard Icon Patch 2.3.0 Preview: Items and Sets

Patch 2.3.0 is currently on the Public Test Realm, and a slew of new items are available to play with. Here’s your first look at some of the awesome new loot coming soon with the release of Patch 2.3.0!

New and Updated Sets

We’ve added three new sets and updated two old ones! In Patch 2.3.0, you’ll be able to adorn your Crusader in the Seeker of the Light set, and unleash limitless Blessed Hammers upon your enemies after descending upon them with Falling Sword. The gods strike through your Monk’s Seven Sided Strike with Uliana’s Stratagem while turning your enemies into living weapons with Exploding Palm. The Spirit of Arachyr will let your Witch Doctor unleash the frightening potential of Hex and Corpse Spiders as they ensnare and poison those who stand before you.

Some of the older sets have been updated as well! For instance, you can revisit the Witch Doctor’s Helltooth Harness set to subjugate your foes with debilitating necrosis, or wield the unbridled power of Archon when your Wizard dons Vyr’s Amazing Arcana.

New and Updated Legendary Items

Patch 2.3.0 will also have new and updated Legendary items to help slay your enemies with brutal precision. Here is but a taste of what’s to come!

Last, but not least, join us in Season 4 to find exclusive Seasonal Legendary items! We’ve got a handful incoming, including (but not limited to) one item for each class as well as a new Legendary Gem.

These items and more are on their way in Patch 2.3.0, but you can test them right now by joining us on the PTR!

Anything you're particularly excited for item-wise in Patch 2.3.0 and Season 4?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Our guide writer Deadset discovered that Blizzard has updated the background for the Diablo III webpage. Could Blizzard be teasing a new expansion?

From the traditional Westmarch (Reaper of Souls themed background) it has been replaced by a new untitled demonic background.

Blizzard is well-known for teasing the community by adding elements to their websites. To set an example, below, you can see two claws, which were added to the Heroes of the Storm website when they teased with Misha's Claws the addition of Rexxar to Heroes of the Storm.
      Something may be brewing! Do you expect an announcement at BlizzCon?
    • By Stan
      Season 8 starts tomorrow. Be ahead of the curve with our leveling guides!
      Exact start times:
      Friday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, Friday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, Friday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia. Click here for timezone assistance.
      For details covering rewards, Seasonal Journey and more, check out our Season 8 preview.
      Leveling / Fresh 70 Guides
      Deadset has been busy lately updating our guides for the latest Season. The guides are intended for leveling & fresh 70s. Links below for quick access.
      Barbarian Crusader Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor Wizard If this is your first Season, don't worry we have a Beginner's Guide to Seasons. Don't forget to check our entire Diablo III guide section for builds and advice during the various stages of your progress!
    • By Stan
      After Eras, here we have a developer chronicle about engaging monsters.
      Joe talks about engaging monsters:
      An engaging monster has to affect your behavior. If you see a Succubus in your Zombie Rift, it's unpredictable and qualifies as engaging, as you probably don't want to get hit by her Blood Star (slowly moving projectile) on higher difficulties. You may also predict the cast and stun the mob. Mob selection for Greater Rifts is like a monster soup and too much Lacuni throws off the flavor. There are failsafe mechanisms in place, so you won't see Exorcists, Succubi, Moon Clan Shamans and Lacuni Huntresses in a single pack together, when progressing through rifts. Blizzard Entertainment
      Hello, Joe Shely here.
      I’m one of the designers on the Diablo III team working on gameplay systems and content like Greater Rifts. One of my responsibilities is to make sure the monsters you fight are fun and engaging. Today, I’ll be answering a question about rift monsters.
      Lacuni in my Zombie Rift?!
      Progressing though a rift is about dealing with the unexpected. Zombies are slow and predictable, so fighting one group of zombies will feel about the same as fighting another group. We add engaging monsters like the Lacuni or the Succubus to change the fight dynamics.
      What Qualifies as “Engaging?”

An engaging monster has the capacity to affect your behavior. Let’s look at the Succubus for a moment. Her primary attack, Blood Star, is a fairly slow-moving, seeking projectile. When pushing Greater Rifts, you’d probably prefer not to get hit by that projectile. You might take an action to avoid it, like moving out of the way just before it reaches you or stunning the Succubus when you see her cast.

We like engaging monsters. They make the game more interesting by providing opportunities for your character’s abilities and legendary powers to shine. It’s satisfying to use Cyclone Strike to pull several Succubi close and then Blinding Flash them all before they can cast Blood Star.
      Of course, when you’re playing on a difficulty level that’s easy for your character, you might not worry about the Succubus at all. That’s okay, too.
      Too Much of a Good Thing
      Imagine visiting an area and finding it packed with Moon Clan Shaman, Exorcists, Lacuni Huntresses, Blood Clan Sorcerers, Succubi, and Exorcists. Bit of a mess, right? Although we do throw monsters from different areas together in Greater Rifts, we carefully choose which monsters you see together. A good mix of monsters has a couple of things to avoid, a healthy chunk of basic attackers, and a little spice in the form of a big bruiser or a monster with unusual movement.
      It’s like monster soup. Too much Lacuni in your soup throws off the flavor.

Mm, delicious.
      In addition, while a monster’s signature ability can make it engaging to battle against, sometimes it can cross the line and become frustrating. When Reaper of Souls launched, the Primordial Scavenger’s armor wouldn’t break until you’d taken off a significant chunk of its health, but only certain types of attacks were able to bypass the armor to deal damage. This mechanic wasn’t communicated clearly, and some classes had trouble delivering the right kind of damage to break its armor. It didn’t make the monster engaging because it wasn’t obvious what you were supposed to do or how to do it. So in patch 2.3.0, we changed the armor to break after it takes five hits. Since it breaks more consistently, you can now focus on putting the hurt on the Scavenger after it breaks.
      We’re always on the lookout for cases where we can make a monster more fun and satisfying to kill while keeping the game engaging, and it’s something we consider when designing new monsters.
    • By Arkpit
      Being a big fan of the Jade Harvester build of Witch Doctors I'm still conflicted in my choice sometimes because I'm a hardcore player and the issue I seem to run into going past GR70 is surviving certain bosses.
      If there is any question here it would be: How, if even at all, do you deal with charge bosses like the Pitlord/Ravager on hardcore as Jade Harvester?
      My last Jade died around GR70 to this because I was determined that I should kill it but after waiting out some cooldowns I didn't even get to move when walking back in because the charge is instant and oneshots you because of the lack of Soul Harvest stacks and Horrify.
      I love the build but dealing with bosses with it is by far one of the most tricky things I've done in Diablo 3... All other builds I've tried up there in 70+ all have their ways of killing just about any boss but Jade sometimes feel like I have to end the GR if the wrong boss spawns making it a slightly more annoying "fishing" than seeinga  monster and nope out of it right away.
    • By Arkpit
      Seems the page for a Witch Doctor is broken since it only loads half of it basically. 
      I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. They all stop at the "Hands" section for stat-priority list.