FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fatalfury

Unholy in 5.2

What buff? Maybe I'm missing what you're asking exactly . . .

These changes:

Unholy

Reaping now also applies to Icy Touch.

Summon Gargoyle no longer costs Runic Power.

Gargoyle Strike now also deals Shadow damage, in addition to Nature damage.

Ebon Plaguebringer now causes Plague Strike to inflict Frost Fever, in addition to its other effects.

I'm curious as well.

just wondering why mastery is so low on our priority list as it seems we do so much shadow dmg as unholy that it doesnt overtake crit or at least be on par with it.stacking mastery to boost our desease dmg would seem to make since rng comes into play with crit

Anyone know if this buff will make unholy on par with frost in the next patch?

Just wondering but Simcraft and most raidbots.com dps parses shows Unholy ahead of Frost already. Am I missing something?

In 5.1 and 5.0, unholy was far enough behind frost that hardly anyone choose to play it. That's when this thread was started.

Now, unholy is slightly ahead of 2-hand frost, and significantly ahead of DW, for single target patchwerk. frost isn't nearly as hard off as unholy was last patch, but unholy is doing slightly better overall. Due in combination to the unholy buffs and the introduction of festerblight.

UH also seems to be more gear dependant than 2hnd frost and ive had a harder time sustaining my dps in UH but that could be due to my skill lvl as i havent played UH since WOTLK

UH also seems to be more gear dependant than 2hnd frost and ive had a harder time sustaining my dps in UH but that could be due to my skill lvl as i havent played UH since WOTLK

I didn't find Unholy to be gear dependent. In greens I was pulling 50K DPS single target.. but I leveled him that way from level 55 and got a lot of practice. It's a different playstyle to Frost as you don't really depend much on procs and the rotation is more predictable, but you have to watch your RP generation like a hawk so you get as many Death Coils as possible and get a lot of Transformations. Also, the 1.0 GCD makes things pretty frantic at times.

I have to say, it is nice that Unholy and Frost 2H have exactly the same stat priorities. It makes gearing very simple.

Edited by Tarazet