FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

1st time raiding

hi guys ,

my guild let me try out as a monk healer last night and totally enjoyed the experience , It was my 1st time healing as a monk but would like to see if you guys/gals could help and give me some pointers so I can get better

Logs :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QLG8kqym6HCTVvB3#type=healing&source=4

thanks in advance , 

Nalar

Hiya, and good choice of going as an awesome Mistweaver!

One thing i noticed is that your healing was mostly Revival which it should never be (on the other hand, you did raid with 5 other good geared healers).

When you get the 4-set you want to use your Renewing mist smartly, since the initial target will get extra healing from Uplift and Enveloping mist. If you put your RM on the tanks, they will have mini-beacons on them, handy to have for ppl who take extra damage =P.

IMO Mistweaver is the most fun healingclass, you have so much utility, your probably the most mobile healer in the game! Learn to use your utility and learn how you use your 4-piece, Cause it is Amazing!

Here are my logs if you want to take a look at them:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/2797426/latest#boss=0

Im nowhere near perfect but i do like to think i know a thing or two about my class =P

Shaôlin

Cheers for the info that was my 1st ever raid as a healing monk and have been on more since this post, i finally got 2 set bonus last night thanks to the guildies I'm in .

But struggling with fist weaving atm, but I feel I'm doing better each week I go and MW monks are bloody awesome.

But after loads of ppl view'd thank you shoolin for your input.

Overall you did decent for your first time. Good revival usage :-)

One thing I noticed is you only have 10 expel harm casts throughout the whole fight. That number should be around 25-26.

When you think about it, you're missing out on 15 chi, which is a ton of healing.

Also, Rushing Jade Wind(RJW) is mandatory for Mistweavers in my personal opinion. If you're ooming, you can go Chi Torpedo and still do quite well though :-)

Thanks for the info guys, we it's been a couple of weeks now and still playing monk healer, and loving it , the only problem I'm having is with fist weaving still , getting up enough tea stacks!!.

Using vhudo for healing frames and as the weeks go buy slightly adjusting vhudo frames to give me more info,

I also found a way of showing on vhudo who has the the extend life buff on them,

I was only using xuen for dungeon purposes as I'm totally comfortable with healing atm

Just need 4piece and I'll be sorted I think?.

Thanks for the info guys, we it's been a couple of weeks now and still playing monk healer, and loving it , the only problem I'm having is with fist weaving still , getting up enough tea stacks!!.

Using vhudo for healing frames and as the weeks go buy slightly adjusting vhudo frames to give me more info,

I also found a way of showing on vhudo who has the the extend life buff on them,

I was only using xuen for dungeon purposes as I'm totally comfortable with healing atm

Just need 4piece and I'll be sorted I think?.

Not having enough tea stacks while FW?  That's odd, usually when I'm FWing, I have too many, lol.  Make sure you're keeping up TP and BoK buffs and the RSK debuff, only use Surging mists at 5 stacks, and you should be good.  With PoM it's quite unlikely that you'll run out of RSK charges outside of the opener, and thus will be dumping chi on it more often than not, and using TP/BoK just to keep their buffs up.  Also, if you're running chi brew then there's even more tea stacks.

Also, to correct what was said above:

Also, Rushing Jade Wind(RJW) is mandatory for Mistweavers in my personal opinion. If you're ooming, you can go Chi Torpedo and still do quite well though :-)

RJW isn't mandatory.  On fights where you're constantly spread out (Reaver, Kromrok, HFA), then it won't be better.  On those fights, I'd use Xuen for.

Ok to clarify , when doing FW, I change into it and go arrrrrgh, rather than ohhhhhhhh, could you guys advise what your opener is , I use the Lightning spell to get 4 chi straight away, but it turns into 1 chaotic mess after that, and I think that's why I'm failing with it,

Also what weak aura strings are you using for it i have some but during a fight Its hard to see them?.

Also on a lighter note the 1st raid I did as a monk healer I was popping it off when I wanted to instead of listening to the healing officer , "I quickly learnt the error of my ways" lol