FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xanthrax

Basic Hunter questions

I'm using the basic hunter deck from this site with a few improvements at the moment. I noticed I come across a lot of other hunters and mages.

The hunters are not the problem, I have a 12-2 record against them at the moment. However, the mages are a problem (4-9 record).

What is the best way to counter a mage? It seems it's usually the tempo mage deck or a mech mage deck.

If hunter is just not best for mage, which basic deck would work well against hunter and mage?

When I first started I played with versions of most of the basic decks on this site. Of all the decks, I felt like the basic Priest deck was the most powerful. Although I did not track my wins and losses with it, I felt like I had good success. I got up to Rank 15 my first month, and I believe the priest deck was the biggest reason. 

The basic decks on this site are as good as you can get until your card collection grows, but keep in mind that none of the basic decks will win you games on their own. You will need to outplay opponents that will have more powerful cards and more synergistic decks than you. Mech Mage, for example, is likely playing minions such as Goblin Blastmage, Archmage Antonidas, and Dr. Boom. Plus it has great mech synergy for powerful starts. The mech mage deck list, or any other meta deck for that matter, is simply better than any basic deck. This doesn't mean you can't beat these decks on occasion with a basic deck, but I wouldn't expect to beat them consistently. Be patient and you'll eventually be able to create better decks.

In the meantime, you appear to be doing pretty well as is with Basic Hunter. An 85% win-rate against other hunter decks is outstanding. Plus you still have nearly a 60% win-rate against hunter and mage combined. That's fantastic!

Well the classes are completely different when, not playing with the Cards available for money, or grind. I would suggest a midrange deck. I feel face hunter has become much weaker in a long time, but mid range on the other hand is really strong. Try to get 2+ Savannah, and go check the hybrid hunter deck, here on the side. It costs 1200 dust and is like really strong deck. Ive been playing it lately, and climbed from 15 - 5.

Good luck

With the basic decks I manage winrates between 50 and 60% overall. Considering that it's "just"  a basic deck I'm pretty happy with that. I was just wondering if I could up my chances against mage, but that proboblay will be hard. 

I can't use midrange hunter yet. Don't have the cards for that. I bough the first wing of Naxx and am now saving for the 2nd wing for Sludge Belcher and Loatheb. After that I buy packs or maybe the first wing of BRM for the legendary in there. From there on it's packs for more cards and saving for a nice deck. 

Thanks so far!