FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gandswag

New TGT dekcs

I'm still playing around with different combos myself. I'll post something on here once I find something more consistent. Best of luck to you. 

Hi,

TGT did not change meta significantly, meaning that the changes would be really small and unimportant.

Decks centered around TGT cards are currently still in the state of theorycrafting. Sottle has stated that he does not like theorycrafting. Decks on this site are competitive and theorycraft decks would not fit the "theme" of this site (or the hearthstone part, that is).

However, you can start changing your current decks by adding "auto-include cards", such as Totem Golem.

Hi,

TGT did not change meta significantly, meaning that the changes would be really small and unimportant.

Decks centered around TGT cards are currently still in the state of theorycrafting. Sottle has stated that he does not like theorycrafting. Decks on this site are competitive and theorycraft decks would not fit the "theme" of this site (or the hearthstone part, that is).

However, you can start changing your current decks by adding "auto-include cards", such as Totem Golem.

So far I'm not seeing anything that is drastically changing the Meta. I've been playing around with an "Inspire Mage" but it isn't consistent enough in my opinion to replace the previous archetypes. Well mine isn't anyways. Personally I like Fallen Hero and Justicar Trueheart but as I said I'm not finding anything else that is making a big enough impact that isn't too situational. As far as the Shaman, I was excited about the idea of a totem deck. But so far from what I've played around with it's a watered down version of Sottles Bloodlust deck.  This expansion has some decent cards in it but it might be awhile before we see anything permanent. 

IMO making "inspire" decks are pointless, it should be treated like a perk such as spellpower or deathrattle. Sure, there are sweet combos, but not something to make a deck around with (you wouldn't make a "battlecry deck") (well, maybe just for fun)

Edited by juker92

We will have TGT decks soon enough. We made a name for ourselves posting decks that were tested and proven to be good, as opposed to other websites where anyone can post their decks and you never really know what they're worth. Sottle is currently playing and testing new decks and we will post them over the next couple of days smile.png

• Like 2

IMO making "inspire" decks are pointless, it should be treated like a perk such as spellpower or deathrattle. Sure, there are sweet combos, but not something to make a deck around with (you wouldn't make a "battlecry deck") (well, maybe just for fun)

I'm not quite sure I'm following what you are saying. Since when has it been pointless to build around something that works? The Rogue is pretty much built around "Combo", which is a "perk". Undertaker decks have been made, which are built around Deathrattle. I'm not saying Inspire is so good that it has to have it's own deck, but we don't fulling know that yet because the cards just came out yesterday. We are still playing with the idea of it could work. 

• Like 1

We made a name for ourselves posting decks that were tested and proven to be good

This is on point. Knowing what differentiates yourself is huge when it comes to preserving your brand identity and UVP.

---

So far I'm not seeing anything that is drastically changing the Meta.

I respectfully disagree. While many of the same archetypes will be available, I think a few notable changes will shake up the meta pretty significantly:

Control/Combo Hunter and Control Rogue got MYRIAD new options. Druid has way more flexibility, and enabled beast-synergy and a few different combos. Patron got a few counters pointed at it, but more importantly got a bit of dragon love so people will be inclined to play more than just the OTK and control styles. In fact, there was enough stuff handed out to each class, and enough neutral tools introduced, and enough unique mechanics ushered in, that I could see each class with at least two entirely new archetypes, one of which will actually be competitively good.

Overall, much of the new batch of cards were more control- and midrange-oriented, and lots of answers to beatdown strategies were added, between heals and early-game "bouncers". As the amount of answers being greater and more flexible, and as various tribes are given more tools (either explicitly via tribal tag, or implicitly through mechanic synergies), we're going to see a lot more variety in what each class is capable of. And don't forget that many card have been sleeping, dormant until the right mix of cards brought the right juju to make them playable (druid hobgoblin, shaman buffs, etc.) - so the expansion can 'introduce' more cards than just those from the TGT set itself.

Big picture, this shift in card matchups should slow the meta down by a fair bit, and as that happens, different decks that were previously unplayable due to the threat of beatdown may suddenly find themselves viable.

TL;DR Happy deckbuilding, guys. There's a lot of space to make some really creative new ideas!

Edited by Soleniae
  • Like 1

I'm not quite sure I'm following what you are saying. Since when has it been pointless to build around something that works? The Rogue is pretty much built around "Combo", which is a "perk". Undertaker decks have been made, which are built around Deathrattle. I'm not saying Inspire is so good that it has to have it's own deck, but we don't fulling know that yet because the cards just came out yesterday. We are still playing with the idea of it could work. 

That's what i'm saying, inspire is not relevant enough to make a full deck around it. Combo is relevant because is an unique trait for rogue, so it makes sense to make a deck using combo cards because no other class has it. 

That's why i said it can be made just for fun, like a spellpower deck.

The inspire mechanic is strong enough. However, it is too slow for the current meta. The inspire cards basically need to be played two turns later than possible, due to the mana cost of hero power. This means that inspire decks will have bad early game and midgame. In current meta with fast decks, such as face hunter or zoo, slow starts can lose you the match. If the meta slowed down, inspire decks would be better and probably would be played.

I know these cards are not as good as expected but while i was playing ranked i saw people using shaman with totem golem and totem carver, and even mages with cards like spellsinger.