FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Forum Reputation

Yay Im friendly!!

So what do we get at friendly? A piece of armour? A new profession recipe?

Im assuming the forum tabard is at exalted Posted Image

Wonder what the achievement is called....

• Like 1

I'll quickly put a reputation breakdown here:

• Neutral: 0
  • Friendly: 20
  • Honored: 60
  • Revered: 140
  • Exalted: 280
​I think your title also gets updated according to the number of posts? Not sure what the breakdown on that one is though.

As for rewards? Something will probably come up, I'm guessing something like 'choose your own title' or something like that could be fun for exalted, although 280 posts seems a bit low for that. Anyway, that's all up to Vlad and Damien.

The reputation increases when your posts get liked (so 280 posts is different than getting to exalted reputation). For us, the main benefit of this system is that when someone with good reputation makes a reply in a thread, anyone can tell that their output is likely to be valid.

As for the title system, it goes all the way up to 1,500 posts (I think). After this limit, you are free to use your own title ;)

You are now Hated with Icy Veins Posted Image .. Am glad to see the system doesn't go DOWN to hated.. that would be nasty!

Don't think I have ever seen any forums before with a reputation system, and am very in favour of it. Anything that helps encourage quality posts can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Can't wait for my own title!

I love how simple it is to like someone's posts, unlike on some forums (bodybuilding.com for instance)

Hooray for honoured! Great to see so many people into friendly as well. Keep going gang, this is one of the more enjoyable rep grinds and well worth the Feat of Strength!

Could we have something like 'Damien's/Vlad's evil overlord in training' perhaps?

Edited by Neridae

Just noticed you got that on another post... gz mate nice one!

It is nice to have because it is not from rep grinding as much as putting useful and/or humerous posts that real people actually like... more worthwhile than popping on an 'icyviens' tabard and running through half a million HCs. Posted Image

• Like 2

It is nice to have because it is not from rep grinding as much as putting useful and/or humerous posts that real people actually like... more worthwhile than popping on an 'icyviens' tabard and running through half a million HCs. Posted Image

Although that would be a very nice way to promote and represent us :P

• Like 3

Although that would be a very nice way to promote and represent us :P

Would that be included in the patch with Coca Cola mana drinks, McDonalds buff food and a set of Nike boots?

• Like 2

How about getting 0.01 forum rep for every 10 minutes that is spent dancing around Dalaran (or other major city) having equipped a sandwich board with 'Visit Icy veins' on to promote the site? (ofc screenshots or it didn't happen applies here :P) :)

Edited by Neridae
  • Like 1

That is a totally awesome idea! Screenshot your toon in a random place in Azeroth to show how you spread the word of Icy Veins. Totally should be the next contest after the forum one has concluded!

I am so going to be all over this, on the top of a mountain in the Barrens with a superbly drawn sandwich board done in paint, consisting of huge pixelated objects, waving a Icy Veins banner (also drawn in paint)

I am so going to be all over this, on the top of a mountain in the Barrens with a superbly drawn sandwich board done in paint, consisting of huge pixelated objects, waving a Icy Veins banner (also drawn in paint)

Can you really do something like that?

That is a totally awesome idea! Screenshot your toon in a random place in Azeroth to show how you spread the word of Icy Veins. Totally should be the next contest after the forum one has concluded!

Ive also put Icy Veins web info in our Guild info, and have also put it in guild message of the day to check out the forums .... of course, were just a small guild, but my minions follow the direction of The Dungeon Mistress of Stormwind...... Im going to take Peelyons idea though, and run another direction with this! Next time someone in trade is asking for help, im directing them HERE and screenshotting that! HA! First person with a screenshot gets a bag of dove chocolates! .........er......well, thats what I WOULD want :P

• Like 2

Ive also put Icy Veins web info in our Guild info, and have also put it in guild message of the day to check out the forums .... of course, were just a small guild, but my minions follow the direction of The Dungeon Mistress of Stormwind...... Im going to take Peelyons idea though, and run another direction with this! Next time someone in trade is asking for help, im directing them HERE and screenshotting that! HA! First person with a screenshot gets a bag of dove chocolates! .........er......well, thats what I WOULD want :P

Brown nose! ;) :P

• Like 1

Posted Image

*^___*^

You cheat! You said trade not guild message of the day :P. I'm out of likes for today so remind me and I'll like it tomorrow!

• Like 1

You cheat! You said trade not guild message of the day Posted Image. I'm out of likes for today so remind me and I'll like it tomorrow!

<---------- hullooOOOooo Rogue! I pick pockets, sneak around in stealth, and er.... CHEAT! :P You would like my Macro for Transmute services... it goes like this: "Nyxxs' Xmute Master Services! [Alchemy: Transmute: Truegold] now available w/ your mats! It wont cost you a SINGLE gold piece,Not even a TIP! But any extras are mine. Thats the price of business with Rogues. " XD

Wo wo wo wo wo... what are these dove chocolates that you refer to? And while you're at it Henleys (they import sweets) have stopped stocking willy wonka sweets so send me some nerds over? Haha.

I'm thinking we should arrange an 'ivy-veins.com' with a load of nicely arranged corpses in ogrimar. No?

Chocolate doves? They as nice as Freddo's?

Horde corpses look good wherever they are ;) just make sure you spell it right or you'll have the gardeners after you :P