Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Barbarian: Rend with Immortal King and Wrath of the Wastes

55 posts in this topic

If you find you can live without the toughness from Unity, ORoTZ is a good choice to cube.  It will keep your Furious Charge perpetually available (for those moments that you charge one mob and set it on an agonizing cooldown) and help with any fury concerns.

Edited by iriecolorado

I dunno. I've got massive problems with Fury generation on this build. The survivability is great, the DPS is there, but at times you're just running around doing nothing waiting for some Fury.

I have massive fury issue with t10 speed farm as well.

This might be good for grift push...

Am i missing something but u cant have 6/4 set bonus as theres no RoRG

Why does this call for both focus and restraint when youre only getting the one 50% increase?

It's not a 6/4 build it's a 6/2 build. You are getting the 6 piece set bonus from Immortal King's and the 2 piece set bonus from Wrath of the Wastes.

You get the full 100% increased damage from Focus/Restraint by using Whirlwind/Rend and Furious Charge.

Did you gets even read the article you're replying to? o.O

From the build, it is using Togther as one as call of the ancients' rune instead of ancient's fury, then where is fury generation come from ?

Furious charge is your fury builder as well as the weapon master passive.

issues with single mob fury generation like grift boss. furious charge doesn't do the job there. was wondering to cube those shoulders and generate fury from ancients hits.. any idea what i'm doing wrong or how do you generate enought fury for one single boss? -thanks

issues with single mob fury generation like grift boss. furious charge doesn't do the job there. was wondering to cube those shoulders and generate fury from ancients hits.. any idea what i'm doing wrong or how do you generate enought fury for one single boss? -thanks

Unfortunately cubing the Lamentation is influential in your overall DPS, so I wouldn't skip it for the shoulders you mention. I think a strong infux of Fury can come from crafting a Hellfire Amulet to ease your management, with a passive like Unforgiving, Animosity, or even Superstition.

Hey Deadset; good to see you posting on your guide.

I was talking with Damien earlier about this. Your guide references the 4PC from Immortal Kings quite a bit yet reflects the Wastes set as BiS. This, to me, was confusing / conflicting.

Overall I like the playstyle of this build. (I main a warrior in WoW; Arms is my DPS spec of choice; I love a good Rend build!)

It was mentioned that the BiS simply represents a point-for-point reflection but the actual build is based off a 6PC Immortal and 2PC Wastes and not vice versa. Is this accurate?

To people with Fury Problems.

My solution is that for the Kanai's cube, you run RoRG instead of Unity.

Use the "Fury of the Ancients" shoulder (for the rune effect Ancient's Fury), then run Together as One for your main rune.

IK Items (Weapon, Belt) for sure.

For the (Helm, Chest Armor, Gloves, Pants, Boots), make sure you are wearing 3 IK and 2 Wastes.

This gives you 5 IK's (+grandeur ring for 6set) and 2 Set Wastes for the Rend Damage.

I would not recommend using the passiv skill: boon of bul-kathos. it's just a wasted passiv slot, since the CD of wrath of the berserker and the ancients is gone before the first use is even over.

And to the problem with fury starving, this build relies heavily on high density, either by fishing for it yourself and gathering mobs before smashing them all with rend explosions. Or by having a good support to grp up a lot of mobs. There for this build isn't the best for normal rift, but mostly for Grifts pref. in a grp.

Unfortunately cubing the Lamentation is influential in your overall DPS, so I wouldn't skip it for the shoulders you mention. I think a strong infux of Fury can come from crafting a Hellfire Amulet to ease your management, with a passive like Unforgiving, Animosity, or even Superstition.

Would it be worth considering just dropping Together as One for Ancients' Fury?

The reason I ask is that, most likely, if you're going to die in the higher GR you're going to die. In my experience(s) the 50% shared doesn't really seem to help. Fury would give anyone more than enough to spend without having to have one of the passives you suggested above.

It's not a 6/4 build it's a 6/2 build. You are getting the 6 piece set bonus from Immortal King's and the 2 piece set bonus from Wrath of the Wastes.

You get the full 100% increased damage from Focus/Restraint by using Whirlwind/Rend and Furious Charge.

So the issue I have with this is that the build itself on the page states that every single Wastes piece is Best in Slot and that the Immortal Kings set is the "alternative" option. So... how exactly is this possible?

So the issue I have with this is that the build itself on the page states that every single Wastes piece is Best in Slot and that the Immortal Kings set is the "alternative" option. So... how exactly is this possible?

Check out my US Barbarian. Right now I'm using 6 pieces of the Immortal King's set and 2 pieces of the Wastes set.

Six pieces comes from:

• Helm
  • Chest
  • Gloves
  • Belt
  • Legs
  • Weapon

The two piece comes from:

• Shoulders
  • Boots

In relation to the Focus / Restraint bonuses, you get 50% from Charge (resource generator) and 50% from Rend or Whirlwind (resource spenders).

why is it bad to put a socket in a weapon through ramaldni's gift?

It's not necessarily bad to do so; that's why the item was created. However it's ideal if you don't have to use one and it comes with it by default.

why is it bad to put a socket in a weapon through ramaldni's gift?

It's not necessarily bad to do so; that's why the item was created. However it's ideal if you don't have to use one and it comes with it by default.

@Sajakain

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? it's so much better to get a weapon without a socket and use a gift to put a socket in it. It's basically one free stat?!

Let's say you get an ancient weapon, with socket, but no % damage. you reroll the socket to % damage, and use a gift to get a socket. voila, you got both things...

Pls don't guide people in things you're not sure of.

@Sajakain

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? It's so much better to get a weapon without a socket and use a gift to put a socket in it. It's basically one free stat!

Let's say you get an ancient weapon, with socket, but no % damage. You reroll the socket to % damage and use a gift to get a socket. Voila, you got both things...

Please don't guide people in things you're not sure of.

I believe you misinterpreted or misunderstood my post that you quoted. I directly stated "It's ideal if you don't have to use one and it comes with it by default". I didn't provide the reasoning such as yourself so I suppose, in future references, I could post more to support my answer.

Speaking of future references, I'd be mindful of how you word things. Tone is a very difficult thing to interpret on a written board.

@Sajakain

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? It's so much better to get a weapon without a socket and use a gift to put a socket in it. It's basically one free stat!

Let's say you get an ancient weapon, with socket, but no % damage. You reroll the socket to % damage and use a gift to get a socket. Voila, you got both things...

Please don't guide people in things you're not sure of.

I believe you misinterpreted or misunderstood my post that you quoted. I directly stated "It's ideal if you don't have to use one and it comes with it by default". I didn't provide the reasoning such as yourself so I suppose, in future references, I could post more to support my answer.

Speaking of future references, I'd be mindful of how you word things. Tone is a very difficult thing to interpret on a written board.

Ye, sorry about that :)

But stating that "it's ideal if you don't have to use one and it comes with it by default" is wrong. if you weapon comes with a socket or no socket doesn't matter much, since you should ideally reroll the socket away, and use a gift to make the socket since you'll have an extra stat that way (that is if you got a good weapon "ancient" that you're going to keep for a long time)

It's confusing, I can understand that point.

The bottom line is that we're both on the same page; I just worded my thoughts in a way that is being taken incorrectly.

If an ideal (Ancient) weapon comes along with no socket, fine. You have a gift to put one and you can enjoy the stats it came with. If it comes along with a socket you can reroll it for another stat and then use the gift to attach the socket anyway.

When I read the quoted question, I took it in the sense that the player was wondering if not to use one at all; he/she was asking in a manner that could imply they'd never use a gift if they obtained one. Overall it's convoluted thinking on my end of things and, ultimately, I should've just posted the relevant information that you and I both agree on.

Yeah, we're on the same page then :)
Was just confused i guess. Just sounded like you meant that having a weapon that came with the socket (and not rerolling it for another stat and put in gift) was as good as a weapon with a gifted socket. My apologies.

Aside from that i think the guide should maybe include alternate gems/gear. Since i don't like Boon of bul-kathos since it's a wasted passive because of IK 6 piece. And imo stricken is better than pain enhancer if you want to push for higher Grifts, because the small adds will die easy with double rend ticking on them, and the problem is the elites and rift guardian.

And last it should include a note about Convention of elements in the cube instead of unity for group play.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0