Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Crusader: Holy Hammerdin with Seeker of the Light

71 posts in this topic

Tip: If you are using the "hexing pants" - goto key bindings and bind "force move" to an easily accessible key, I use "W"; This will allow you to constantly keep moving with "Iron skin: flash".

Can someone tell me how to have Falling Sword and Akarat's Champion at the same time? Thanks

@Guest_newbie You have to go to options and turn off the recommended skill options. This way you can unlock your skills so you can put any skill in any slot you want.

@Guide Author There are a few problems with the build overall. Firstly, Limitless hammers do not get the benefit from the set bonus and only deal damage equal to the normal hammer damage. Second, I would use Taeguk instead of Gogok of Swiftness due to the fact that Blessed hammer has a proc coefficient of .1, which means if you get Gogok of Swiftness to 100% chance to proc, it would still only have a 10% chance on hit. I noticed this with my own build where I would struggle to build stacks or keep my stacks up while Taeguk gets its stacks on attacking, so it always procs.

I would disagree with Hexing Pants entirely, simply because its going to add a lot of cost to your hammers because you MUST be standing still to cast them. I don't know if the damage will ramp up while moving and having hammers already cast, but given their short lifespan, I'd question the utility of a gear piece that requires you to move when your entire spec requires you to stand still (even if for just a moment) to cast your primary spell.

About the only spec that jumps to mind where Hexing Pants are a 'MUST' is Spin2Win Barb...

Thanks for this guide!

I used it as I approached level 70 in season 4 and always keep it open in the background while I'm playing as a reference.  What fun to be able to hit the ground running and know exactly how to enchant as items drop.

Cheers!

I would disagree with Hexing Pants entirely, simply because its going to add a lot of cost to your hammers because you MUST be standing still to cast them. I don't know if the damage will ramp up while moving and having hammers already cast, but given their short lifespan, I'd question the utility of a gear piece that requires you to move when your entire spec requires you to stand still (even if for just a moment) to cast your primary spell.

About the only spec that jumps to mind where Hexing Pants are a 'MUST' is Spin2Win Barb...

The key is in the 'just for a moment' part, a moment made even quicker with a 1hander and the unique property of the flail :) The general playstyle is the so-called 'stutter stepping' (otherwise explained as attack-move-attack-move...), and has been largely successful on the Leaderboard!

I got everything needed for this build and am only trying to roll higher ancient pieces. I also disagree about the Hexing Pants since it also reduces dmg by 20 percent when standing still. What would you recommend if someone would not use Hexing Pants? Ty for a nice guide. laugh.png

Hi all, what about Justinian Mercy for Kanai cube, making crusader move all the time without stuttering to get the hexing pants bonus? I use it this way, u til i find a good furnace.

Thanks for the guide! For group play where no follower is active is it better to switch to Focus and Restraint or to stay with Convention of Elements and take Stone of Jordan instead of Unity?

question..is the overall damage output best with Joahana's judgment with the furnace cubed over say having Joahana's cubed and use a skycutter is the furnace bonus that much better?

question..is the overall damage output best with Joahana's judgment with the furnace cubed over say having Joahana's cubed and use a skycutter is the furnace bonus that much better?

I asked Deadset a similar question on Skype this morning, because my wife is playing this build, and he said that it's viable to cube Johanna's Argument, but you lose on cooldown reduction and life regen, because a 2-handed weapon doesn't attack as fast.

hey all, old gamer coming back and new to this build. I've managed to get to paragon 100 in the week I've been playing my S4 crusader and yet I've only managed to get my hands on only a small number of the recommended/required items in the build, including only 1 set piece. I keep getting the same drops now from bosses and I no longer get schematics or new uniques from caches. Does anyone have any specific tips for targeting these items? Am I farming in too low level games?

hey all, old gamer coming back and new to this build. I've managed to get to paragon 100 in the week I've been playing my S4 crusader and yet I've only managed to get my hands on only a small number of the recommended/required items in the build, including only 1 set piece. I keep getting the same drops now from bosses and I no longer get schematics or new uniques from caches. Does anyone have any specific tips for targeting these items? Am I farming in too low level games?

Do Rifts! Bounties are fine and all, but you mostly do them for materials - they are worse when it comes to drop chance for items. When you get a set piece that's not for Seeker of the Light set (i.e. Akkhans or Rolands), you can use some of your crafting materials to transmute it in Kanai's Cube (recipe 4, Skill of Nilfur: 1 Set item, 10 Death's Breaths, 10 Forgotten Souls) into another set item. This is one of the quickest, painless ways to get a 6 piece set going. :)

Afaik, Skill of Nilfur generates an Item of the same set - just another piece of it. It helps completing a set, but not to transform Akkhans to SoL. 

Do Rifts! Bounties are fine and all, but you mostly do them for materials - they are worse when it comes to drop chance for items. When you get a set piece that's not for Seeker of the Light set (i.e. Akkhans or Rolands), you can use some of your crafting materials to transmute it in Kanai's Cube (recipe 4, Skill of Nilfur: 1 Set item, 10 Death's Breaths, 10 Forgotten Souls) into another set item. This is one of the quickest, painless ways to get a 6 piece set going. smile.png

Thanks so much for the advice! So by transmuting any of the set from Akkhans or Rolands I have a chance to get Seeker?

So no justice hammer to build wrath or just use provoke to build wrath?

Yup. You'll have no trouble sustaining Wrath with the items and skills recommended.

Hello guys, I'm using this build and I like it a lot.

I always play in group with friends, and since I took a liking for the Crusader, I guess I'll be the tank now. However, I switched some stuff around to fit my playstyle:

1. I am obviously not using Unity + CoE since I play in groups, I am instead using Focus and Restraint, even though I am only using half of it's power cause this builds does not include a primary skill. Wonder if it could be an option?. 

2. I am not using Hexing Pants in the cube either, the constant moving it requires just bothers me. For now, I am using Sanguinary Vambraces (Change on being hit to deal 1000% Thorn Damage), which doesn't sound too great. Any suggestions for this cube slot?.

3. For the jewelry slot I am using Zodiac, which is invaluable for skill spaming, which brings me to question the use of Gogok of Swiftness, the cooldown reduction of the Zodiac rings really outshines this gem, to the point where one asks themselves if it wouldn't be better to use some damage enhancing gem or even Esoteric Alteration for further tankyness.

4. How viable would this option be?: Cube Johanna's Argument, get Heavenly Strength with Hellfire Amulet, and using a 2 hander for weapon?. The Furnace keeps avoiding me and I am looking for ways to improve my DPS. What other cube options would be recommended for damage?

Thanks so much for your work Deadset, I love this site and your guides!

What about Reapers Wraps for the build? I have a great ancient roll on those and my resource management is great so far.

I don't have the full seeker set to test the difference between the two.. i do know once i have the set ill be able to reduce my provoke time to get more resource return there.

Since this build uses only holy damage attacks, I think Holy Cause outperforms blunt and you get a nice heal as bonus.

10% extra weapon damage means 10% overall damage.

I play a similar build with the Focus/Restraint ring set and use justice with the BLESSED OF HAULL belt for free ranged hammers to trigger the ring effects (which also benefit from the set damage boost and trigger the sets CDR)

At the moment, I also use a two hand weapon with the johanna flail effect as the cube effect but I will try a one hand build if I finally find a good one. The additional CDR and attack spped from the passive will probably outweight the two hand weapon

Where the heck do I find the Gabriel's vambracers? I have everything I need for this build except bane of the trapped, and these bracers. I have tried reforging rare items, but I can't seem to get these. Is it because they're such a low level item?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0