Damien

Monk: Seven-Sided Strike with Uliana's Strategem

134 posts in this topic

Helllo thank you for this awesome guide, may i ask you some leveling build for start new season please ?

Why is Elemental Resist suggested on the Torso.   You can't get any on it.

just a quick question, would it be viable to drop broken promises for a rorg, and run a madstone in the head slot? i can't for the life of me see why not, but then i could have missed something.

just a quick question, would it be viable to drop broken promises for a rorg, and run a madstone in the head slot? i can't for the life of me see why not, but then i could have missed something.

You don't need it. The way the build works is to apply Exploding Palm (EP) with Way of the Hundred Fist (WotHF) and detonate them with Seven Sided Strike (7S). Madstone would apply EP but it wouldn't detonate from the same 7S that was used to apply it.

Was this actually tested with broken promises? Because I've been trying to get it to work and it NEVER procs. Ever. I've lowered myself to 10% crit and it never activates.

Was this actually tested with broken promises? Because I've been trying to get it to work and it NEVER procs. Ever. I've lowered myself to 10% crit and it never activates.

It definitely has, as this very build currently dominates the Seasonal charts :)

This is the exact build I currently use, though instead of the broken promises, I roll with a Obsidian ring of the Zodiac in order to catch epiphany up on uptime. Sometimes, with the proper mob density, I can get it to 100% up-time with this combo. The sacrifice in damage from not having broken promise crits doesn't make much difference in solo play, but swapping between the 2 in your cube is easy enough when pushing greaters in a group.

Okay, can anyone explain to me why i never see the 100% crit change proc? Does it not show up as a buff icon or as 100% crit on the character sheet when active? I'm assuming it should go off fairly reliably during a seven sided strike since it hits single targets 15 times. I realize its not likely to go off during spirit generator spam since thats hitting multiple enemies but seven sided strike should have it activated at least half the time I'd think.

I've tested it with 10% crit chance and broken promises set as the active in my cube and I just haven't see any sign of it actually giving me a crit bonus sad.png

Just out of curiosity, in the guide you said that no other item is comparable to the buff from The flow of eternity, which reduces the cooldown by 8.4 seconds, but the In-geom would reduce it for 10 seconds, albeit only for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack, has it been tested?

Just out of curiosity, in the guide you said that no other item is comparable to the buff from The flow of eternity, which reduces the cooldown by 8.4 seconds, but the In-geom would reduce it for 10 seconds, albeit only for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack, has it been tested?

Thank you very much, good guide, well written. Its pleasure to read it ^^ (and also very helpfull!)

Why not Madstone in the armor slot for cube?

You wind up too squishy without spirit guards and dmg output is bad w/o gungo

Okay, for anyone else who had the same issue I did with the 100% crit not activating...equip another item in the cube in the jewelry slot and then switch back to broken promises. After switching it back and forth it started working so all i can assume is it was an odd glitch, sort of like how gogok of swiftness' cooldown doesn't activate sometimes after leveling it to 25 unless you unequip and then re-equip it.

Looking on the official forums i found other posts of people where the ring wasn't working so i'm guessing something about it is glitchy but its been 100% working since i unequiped and re-equiped so hopefully once its working it stays working.

How has no one brought up the fact that EP doesn't apply properly if you are playing with other cold EP monks? You need madstone when with other cold monks as EP doesn't stack properly or explode. Every other guide I've seen mentions this, as do the diablo.com forums. There seem to be a lot of gimped monks out there that cite this website, don't use madstone and then wonder why they aren't doing much damage in groups.

How has no one brought up the fact that EP doesn't apply properly if you are playing with other Cold EP monks?  EP doesn't stack normally and the explosions don't work.  Madstone allows EP to function when multiple cold EP monks are trying to apply EP.  Every other guide I've seen mentions this in addition to many posts on the official diablo 3 forums.  There seems to be a lot of gimped monks out there that cite this website and build who don't use madstone and then wonder why they aren't doing much damage in groups.

Just out of curiosity, in the guide you said that no other item is comparable to the buff from The flow of eternity, which reduces the cooldown by 8.4 seconds, but the In-geom would reduce it for 10 seconds, albeit only for 15 seconds after killing an elite pack, has it been tested?

I am using an Ancient In-geom right now and it is great when it procs. I haven't gotten to try flow of eternity.

A second option for armor cubed passive may i recommend Madstone. Its passive of sss applying exploding palm adds a nice increase of dmg when u hit it. I switch between that and spirit guards depending on what lvl im doing.

I have been running with my cube bonus for jewelry slot as Ring of Royal Grandeur for awhile now. This allows you to get the set bonuses with 1 less slot than required (but not for 2 slot sets). So I have been running with Uliana's Head, Shoulders, Hands, Feet and Torso (which gets me the full 6 set bonus) along with Inna's Waist and Legs which gets me 100% of my Mantra boosted (Salvation for a good boost to resistances).

However, I am thinking that using Blackthornes Legs and Neck and Binding of the Lost might be better which would net me +250 VIT, +10% dmg to elites, -10% dmg from elites plus the nice damage resistance from Binding of the Lost.

Any thoughts?

I got the whole build 4 days ago and I am wondering if having Bane of the Trapped damage is worth losing the survivability of having Esoteric Alteration for the non-physical damage reduction in Hardcore. BotT seems like it would work wonders with progression and dealing damage to the increasingly tanky enemies, but is it truly worth it to have that risk? I have another complete set for the build in case I lose my current character, but I don't really want to try that and have to resort to that.

Anyone else having problems with SSS not detonating EP per the 6 piece Uliana's bonus? Seems to work only half the time for me. I'm a PS4 player if it matters.

When prioritizing stats on the Lion's Claw you suggest a socket without ramaldni's gift. It could likely be that there is a disadvantage I am unaware of but it seems like you would want to use the gift to get the socket since that would result in an additional stat being rolled on the fist.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead