FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Dragon Priest TGT

Great deck, exactly the kind of guide I was looking for.

I do not own Vol'jin & Chillmaw. What combination of rag/boom/cairne/nef/alex could replace them at best?

I was thinking nefarian & dr boom to keep a steady dragon count as well as a good 7 drop to not impact the curve too much. 

You thoughts?

If you're adding one BGH target, you should definitely add two, so Nefarian and Boom seems right to me as well.

Guest martin

This is the exact kind of deck that I am looking for. Thank you very much!

The only card I don't have is Chillmaw and I want to avoid using BGH targets as they seem to be in every deck. Today I was lucky to get the new priest legendary (confessor). Is it a good idea to include her in this deck?  

If not what other card can i include. I have these other potential leg inclusions Chromaggus/KT/Emperor/Loatheb. Other possible inclusions i can think of are Dragonkin sorceror and my own BGH. Please help.

Guest Sandro

If you're adding one BGH target, you should definitely add two, so Nefarian and Boom seems right to me as well.

Hi Sottle, I'm currently playing with almost your old legendary deck, the differences are Vojin->Thaurissan and Sylvanas Windrunner->Neferian. What I'd like to ask you is, would you suggest me to switch to this deck when I have all cards( and I'm missing almost all of these non BRM/basic cards) or should I upgrade to this deck card by card?

Guest Carathorn

This deck is so cool! Was struggeling around level 15 but immediately got a 13-2 win streak with (95% version of) this deck and got to level 10 for the first time.

Here are some changes I made (feel free to give feedback):

• replaced 1 Cabal Shadow Priest with Rend Blackhand (for extra late game control)
  • replaced vol'jin with Confessor Paletress for more late game power (Ive experienced this one to be a match decider often)
  • replaced one Blackwing Corruptor with Holy Smite

hey sottle, i love love love this deck. unfortunately i feel like it needs one more catchup mechanism, especially against that crazy 10 drop wallet warrior is carrying. What do you think about defender for lightbomb?

Guest Guest

I've played this deck for exactly 30 games now.. It's going well, overall win ratio 60%. Problem is mages and shamans. I have 0% win against shaman (0-5) and 4-7 vs mages. Problem with shaman seems to be there is no real way to stop his totemspamming, one Holy nova isn't enough. I doubt a lightbomb would fix that.. I'm thinking mass dispel should work rather well. leaving him with a full board of totems doing nothing. It might also be useful vs secret paladin, mages and other priests. Any thoughts? Maybe replace Dark Cultist; i find that card not doing very much often.

Guest Andreas

I have noticed that I have problem against aggroplayer, and always loose ground in the beginning.

In a lot of cases I come back with this  great late game deck, but in some games its too late.

What can you replace to get more control earlier in the game?

You should have plenty to keep yourself stable early in the game, this deck already plays stronger early drops than most Priest decks, but if you really want more, you can replace Dark Cultist with Zombie Chow.

Lightbomb is ok, but i'm not a huge fan of it with this deck, you should be aiming to have minions in play more often than not, and just use those to fight for the board, so Lightbomb is a real double edged sword in this deck.

Guest Meep

What about dropping the 2 Cultist for Lightbane/Darkbane and dropping SW: Pain for another Velens?

Guest Blooblaaaah

what about dropping the cultist for another holy nova?

It may seem weird, but with the deck as is I often get flooded and lose when my dragons get removed, and often I am desperate for my holy nova.

Also what could be replaced for a weapon removal? I find the matchup against warrior extremely hard, because he removes every single early game card I have with his weapons and lategame I get fucked by strong cards and shield slam.

You can do that if you like, personally I like to be the guy being proactive with minions with this deck, not the guy sat around holding removal. If you're finding yourself behind on board too often, it may be that you're not playing the board correctly, you should be able to outvalue other decks easily with minions.

The deck is pretty tight to be able to fit a weapon removal in, you don't really want to be cutting any of the Dragon related cards, and the other cards are just super high value threats.

• Like 1

Guest Raider

Hi! Very good deck, I like playing with dragons. smile.png

I only have one Twilight Guardian and I replaced it with Twilight Drake, what do u think?

Also, I don't have Vol'jin and I guess he's there to help remove the big health guys and I have no idea what can I put insead of him.

Any ideas? Maybe Mind Control??? 

Guest lamiomni

A good replacement for Vol'jin? I was thinking about a Black Knight to still avoid BGH.

Guest Corporatony

Black knight would probably be a pretty good replacement for Vol'jin, as they will often find similar targets.

Guest facehole

Sadly lacking a Sylvanas (next craft), but I am running this with the following changes (partially from the above):

-1 Sylvanas / +1 Thaurissan

-1 Vol'Jin / +1 Holy Nova

I just found I want wanting a Nova so many games where I just got swarmed, and I normally found my self lacking a good target Vol'jin he sat dead in my hand a lot of the time (when I did play him it was typically a win more play).

Having great fun with it thought.

A good replacement for Vol'jin? I was thinking about a Black Knight to still avoid BGH.

Yeah, I think Black Knight is somewhat reasonable in the meta currently.

Guest Carathorn

When I first started playing with this deck I pushed till level 8 without any resistance, then the season ended and ever since my winrate is around 45%..(measured over 70+ games).

Is it possible that many have adapted their decks by now and have become more efficient at countering this deck?

Probably just variance, I think this deck is still very appropriate. I played it a few days ago with a good winrate.

Guest Question

Some people have been adding Confessor Paletress to the Dragon deck. How good is that card in this deck and what would yo replace?

Sign in to follow this