FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Dragon Priest TGT

Guest Quackas

Is Blackwing Corruptor vital? Can it be replaced with anything and still be a good deck? That one card is a 1400 gold investment into BRM and its hard for me 2 justify...

Guest PriestQuestion

Hey Sottle,

As a 1.5 month-old player who likes to play Priest mostly, I am about to craft Ysera in one or two weeks. Due to budget reasons, I can only play Classic Control or Chinese/Japanese versions for the time being. My questions are:

1) Considering I don't have any Twilight Guardians or any dust to craft them for now, would you still suggest me purchasing BRM adventure so that I can play Dragon Priest / Tempo Mage / Zoolock? A second thing is that I can choose to craft Guardians and not Ysera for now. Which crafting choice is better in your opinion? (I have 1250~ dust atm)

2) Between the classic and Chinese Priests, which one do you think is better at this meta and why?

Thanks in advance.

Some people have been adding Confessor Paletress to the Dragon deck. How good is that card in this deck and what would yo replace?

It's basically a straight choice between Ysera and Paletress, i prefer Ysera myself.

Is Blackwing Corruptor vital? Can it be replaced with anything and still be a good deck? That one card is a 1400 gold investment into BRM and its hard for me 2 justify...

It's not vital, but it's a really, really good card. You can replace it with other utility cards like a Lightbomb, Second Nova etc.

Hey Sottle,

As a 1.5 month-old player who likes to play Priest mostly, I am about to craft Ysera in one or two weeks. Due to budget reasons, I can only play Classic Control or Chinese/Japanese versions for the time being. My questions are:

1) Considering I don't have any Twilight Guardians or any dust to craft them for now, would you still suggest me purchasing BRM adventure so that I can play Dragon Priest / Tempo Mage / Zoolock? A second thing is that I can choose to craft Guardians and not Ysera for now. Which crafting choice is better in your opinion? (I have 1250~ dust atm)

2) Between the classic and Chinese Priests, which one do you think is better at this meta and why?

Thanks in advance.

Naxx adventure is much more important than BRM overall if you don't have that. You can take a look at the crafting guides on the site if you need more info.

I like Dragon Priest and the Control Priest list I recently posted the most out of Priest decks right now.

Guest fred

I don't have the means of attaining a Twilight Guardian 2x or Azure Drake 2x right now, what dragons can replace them? Hungry Dragon? Volcanic Drake?

Also, what are your opinions on Faerie Dragon for 2 drops?

Guest leathergloves

Both Twilight Guardian and Azure Drake are good. Twilight Guardian is a high health taunt and Azure Drakes draw cards and dragons themselves.

I have both but still short of some cards (like Chillmaw, Cabal, Ysera, Light bomb, blah blah blah...) so I substituted with dragons whenever possible e.g. Hungry Dragon, Drakonid Crusher. Even Twilight Drakes I think it's feasible just weak to Silence esp. Shaman's Earthshock.

I have quite a few Giant/legendary killers with my modified deck since I lack Ysera e.g. BGH, Rend Blackhand, SW:P.

Secret is to play with whatever you have until you acquire the full deck. I try not to dust them unless it's like 1 or 2 short.

Guest leathergloves

Btw, I felt Faerie Dragon is a good activator but is not as good as Wrymrest Agent, as Wrymrest is a 2/4 with taunt that can be healed and Northshire Cleric can hide behind it to draw cards.

Guest Atlas

Hi Sottle

First of all, amazing web, decks & guides. Thank you very much for all this work.

Recently you have been playing in twitch a dragon priest deck with:

-1 Shadow Word: Pain

-1 Shrinkmeister

-2 Dark Cultist

-1 Defender of Argus

-1 Dragonkin Sorcerer

-1 Sylvannas Windrunner

+1 Holy Smite

+1 Shadow Word: Death

+2 Blackwing Technician

+1 Holy Nova

+1 Nexus-Champion Saraad

+1 Confessor Paletress

Do you think this update is a better version?

You also modify Control Priest removing 2 Thoughtsteal for 2 Deathlord, I have the same question, better version? or just some tech vs aggro?

Regards

Yeah they're not neccessarily better options, it's just decisions i'm making based on what i'm facing. The changes to Dragon just make it chunkier and easier to beat Control with, the Deathlords in Control as you say are just extra insurance against Aggro.

Guest Saiga

Hi Sottle, 

I have been looking at making this deck because I've found I already have most of the cards for it. All I am missing is the below:

1 Twilight Guardian

1 Lightbomb

1 Cabal Shadow Priest

1 Vol'jin

1 Sylvannas Windrunner

Are these replaceable? I have Dr Boom and Harrison Jones, plus all the other Adventures released so far. Anything non-Legendary/Epic I am willing to craft as replacements.

Guest emerysong

I find myself seriously dragon starved multiple times I find myself on turn 6-7 still with no dragon in my hand even after I mulligan my whole hand for 1. this happens atleast 40-50% the time

Hi Sottle, 

I have been looking at making this deck because I've found I already have most of the cards for it. All I am missing is the below:

1 Twilight Guardian

1 Lightbomb

1 Cabal Shadow Priest

1 Vol'jin

1 Sylvannas Windrunner

Are these replaceable? I have Dr Boom and Harrison Jones, plus all the other Adventures released so far. Anything non-Legendary/Epic I am willing to craft as replacements.

Sludge Belcher for the Guardian, Boom/Tech Card in place of the Lightbomb, Temple Enforcer in place of the Cabal Shadow Priest, Tech Card in place of Vol'jin, Argus/Sorcerer/Chillmaw for Sylvanas.

Guest Ginng

Sottle, did you ever think about Brann can combo with this deck? As this deck is heavy with battlecry minions, thought we do not have the one dealing 2damage like what shaman did, but is Brann can do well with this deck? If yes, which card you might suggest I replace it with Brann?

Guest Doomsday

Brann is a superb card for Dragon Priest. Blackwing Technician and Museum Curators cards to include if you have Brann. Entomb rather than light bomb is a good card for removal.

Sign in to follow this