FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Dragon Warrior TGT

Unstable Ghoul and Whirlwind will be the best cards against them, as well as Brawl and Harrison helping out as well. The matchup is in their favour though.

Guest Vincent

Is Ysera a pivitol card for this deck or can i swap it out for another Dragon.

Guest Daniel

You're thinking of this deck as Control Warrior, it's not Control Warrior. If you want to play Control Warrior, we have that too.

You know what also works pretty well as removal? Having minions on the board. You know what works as a win condition if you've used Grom for board control? Having minions on the board. You know what helps you to stack up armor? Having minions on the board your opponent has to deal with.

Due to the fact that this deck has less armor gain, than regular control warrior (no Armorthsmith), we can almost always say that to use Shield Slam effectively we MUST use it with Shield Block.

Incorrect. You're playing minions onto the board, this is the point you consistently miss throughout. This means you get to retain armor much more often, because less attacks are going through to your face, you have a board that needs dealing with much more often.

Armor Gains: Total of 23, but It is not even close with 35+ if we use armorsmiths.

I would love to live in your world where Armorsmiths consistently net 12+ armor every game, but unfortunately that is not reality.

Big removals: Execute? Ok. Shield Slam? Ok. BGH? Ok.

Grommash? Really? Not finisher, but Big Removal? How are you supposed to win then? Is it fatigue deck?

You win with minions.

To add to the list of removal options, and i'll do it in relation to Giants, since that's the example you're using.

- Blackwing Corruptor + Attack with Shieldmaiden

- Bash + Attack with Shieldmaiden

- Hit with 2nd swing Deaths Bite + Bash

- Hit with with 2nd swing Deaths Bite + Blackwing Corruptor

- (About a dozen other permutations)

And yeah go play this deck on ladder, will meet me at my rank 20, because you are so sure I am rank 20, don't you? smile.png

I did when I posted it, I went 8-1. One of my friends also used this deck to get top 4 in a big UK LAN.

Minions.

Well handled Sottle smile.png I for one think this deck is great! smile.png Although I don't have Chillmaw, think a Sylvanas would be a good replacement? smile.png

I have basically everything, or something to use in place of it, except the Twilight Guardians. Assuming I'm dirt poor dust-wise, which I am at the moment, what are your thoughts on replacing them with either Sen'jin Shieldmasta or Twilight Drake?

Is it better to go for the taunt mechanic, or do you feel the loss of two dragons would be too detrimental to the deck's theme? I have been running Twilight Drakes for now, but my playtime with this deck is far too short to come to any conclusions.

Edit: Thanks a lot for your insights :)

Edited by Vadikus

Yeah you need to keep the amount of Dragons up, so if you don't have the Guardians, i'd use Drakes.

George: Shield Slams are much better in this deck, you don't play that many clean activators for Execute.

Guest EnTaroAdun

Control Warrior was and Still is my favourite deck to play, and this deck seems like a step-up as far as that particular playstyle goes. I am willing to spend (even!) more dust to craft chillmaw and the twilight drakes, but do you think Varian is Mandatory here mate? I read above how you said that by the time Varian is played, you should not be in need of the battlecries anymore, and I think that holds true, but would you say it would be Too much of a liability against really fast early game decks? I really can't pinpoint something else I could replace him with atm though so, any thoughts as to what Might work as well? :) Thanks for putting all this effort into explaining the deck, can't wait to try it out whole :D

Guest nikki

I don't have Chillmaw/Grommash/Alex. Replaced them with Sylvanas/Chromaggus/Nefarian.

Also replaced Bash with Brawl for aoe removal which compensates for not having Chillmaw and providing synergy with Sylvanas. Deck is working pretty good although sometimes it is too slow against aggressive decks when you have a bad mulligan.

I want to know if Gorehowl is a worthy inclusion in this deck. If so what to replace?  Shieldmaiden/Boom/BGH?

Thanks!

1. I have had trouble using Varian Vrynn properly. I mean all the time he was drawing important battlecries or no minions at all.

Latest change for Nefarian, in my opinion, it's very good idea, I tried that few times and it works well.

2. Swap I have found very usefull is:

Drop:

Big game hunter

Chillmaw

Add:

Brawl

Sylvanas Windrunner

I love combo of brawl and Sylvanas on the floor. 

Guest Guest

This is more of a midrange deck. You don't play midrange the same way you would play control.

I appreciate the feedback, but that was not about legend, that was about superiority of regular control warrior in this meta.

Actually I can't see Chilmaw working in this deck. After all it's not full control but more midrange like with lots of minions deck. 

I played a lot of games with this build, and there was  only a few situations where It could be usefull (considering it damages also friendly minions and can be silenced). For cleaning I prefer Brawl, and for taunt I prefer Sludge Belcher beacuse it's cheaper and cannot be removed with one shot so easily.

Actually I can't see Chilmaw working in this deck. After all it's not full control but more midrange like with lots of minions deck. 

I played a lot of games with this build, and there was  only a few situations where It could be usefull (considering it damages also friendly minions and can be silenced). For cleaning I prefer Brawl, and for taunt I prefer Sludge Belcher beacuse it's cheaper and cannot be removed with one shot so easily.

Not only Chillmaw works as a removal, but also as a dragon. In case you are ahead, you simply won't play it. If you fall behind, it becomes a very strong card. If the meta becomes 70%+ control, then it should be teched out for a better card to deal with Control, but as far the meta consists of mostly Patrons, Aggro decks and Midrange Druid - Chillmaw counters them all. 

Not only Chillmaw works as a removal, but also as a dragon. In case you are ahead, you simply won't play it. If you fall behind, it becomes a very strong card. If the meta becomes 70%+ control, then it should be teched out for a better card to deal with Control, but as far the meta consists of mostly Patrons, Aggro decks and Midrange Druid - Chillmaw counters them all. 

Ok I'll give it a try.

And what about Rend Blackhand? Instead of  Big Game Hunter for example? On paper it might be a good idea, but most of very popular aggro and midrange decks have like 1-2 legendaries in a whole deck.

Ok I'll give it a try.

And what about Rend Blackhand? Instead of  Big Game Hunter for example? On paper it might be a good idea, but most of very popular aggro and midrange decks have like 1-2 legendaries in a whole deck.

Rend is purely a tech card against control and some midrange decks. Since it is a tech card, you should include it only if those decks are majority of your opponents. Rend is completely useless against aggro as most of them don't even include legendary cards. BGH can be dropped as a 4/2 for 3 mana and that is somewhat acceptable. Rend is a 7 mana 8/4, making it a completely awful minion which can also be destroyed by a piloted shredder. Rend cant also destroy a big nonlegendary minion such as giant and thus shouldn't be used when you often face Giant Zoo or Handlock (or its variants such as Demon handlock). Due to this, Rend should be included if you face an incredible amount of control decks. 

Ok, atm I am trying version of this build almost the same as original posted by Sottle.

2 swaps I did:

Sylvanas for Emperor Thaurissan

For me Emperor is great for "combo" decks like paragon or mage tempo. In this case, he is not bad 5/5 that reduces all your card costs by 1. Because very seldom he survives to second round.

Sylvanas on the other hand can give a huge advantage killing 6>hp minion and stealing another. She also works very well with brawl which is my second swap.

Brawl for Big Game Hunter

Simply I do not encounter enough 7dmg+ minions to use him. Some decks have cards that can increase enemy minion dmg to count as 7+, (like warrior control), but not this one.

Brawl is great card against aggro, and do miracles with sylvanas on board, because result will always be 0 minions for enemy, and 1 survivor for me.

This combo rescued me many, many times.

Guest Spy

...getting obliterated by many early aggro, especially with secrets like secret paladins. Deck lacking a lot in early game - if you lose it, it's pretty much game over, and this deck doesn't do much there.

You have War Axe and Champion to play on 2, both of these cards are very likely 2-for-1s against Aggro, and then moving up from there you have Bash as an insurance if you miss your War Axe, then you start curving into Taunts and tempo minions like Corruptor. I think this deck does fine against Aggro.

This deck has work wonders for me, it has enough early game components to rush other control decks out of their game and enough late game control to keep in place aggro decks, currently rank 5 - 6... and this is where im being halted, these ranks have so many secret paladins, i've even added a whirlwind and a brawl(taking out grommash and emperor thaurissan) just for them, but unless i draw them at the right time i always fall back by turn 6 against the mysterious challenger, mulligans are key in these matches, but for every pally i beat( with good draws) i lose to two more... it gets frustating.

Anyone have tips for this deck against secret pallys?

Guest Soulreaver
This deck has work wonders for me, it has enough early game components to rush other control decks out of their game and enough late game control to keep in place aggro decks, currently rank 5 - 6... and this is where im being halted, these ranks have so many secret paladins, i've even added a whirlwind and a brawl(taking out grommash and emperor thaurissan) just for them, but unless i draw them at the right time i always fall back by turn 6 against the mysterious challenger, mulligans are key in these matches, but for every pally i beat( with good draws) i lose to two more... it gets frustating.

Anyone have tips for this deck against secret pallys?[/quoteUnstable Ghoul and Whirlwind will be the best cards against them, as well as Brawl and Harrison helping out as well. The matchup is in their favour though, as also pointed out by Sottle..

Guest Raycinci

I swapped bash for the black knight and nefarian out for deathwing. I love it.

This is the first deck I got every card for, and I really love the way it plays and how the dragons work in other classes as well, but I havent had much success with alexstraza. It seems like by the time I play her my opponent is usually around or under 15 anyway, and I usually stabilize around that amount as well, so at most she heals me for 3-5. I was wondering if chromaggus is a good swap or if i should keep her in. the only use i can see is if im facing a control deck that is dominating me, but if that happens alex on her own wouldnt be able to save me anyway because the deck needs minions to remove the rest of their life.

Edited by nrotter2468

Sign in to follow this