FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Fast Druid TGT

Guest ReallySpooky

I'm really liking this deck so far, but I have one question. Do you play living roots in turn 1 for two 1/1s or for removal (2 dmg)?

Guest Guest

One more question. Which is beter to play: shreder or yeti?

I wouldn't play Living Roots on turn 1 unless I have to.

As Sottle has mentioned, the 2 damage is good for high threat targets like Knife Juggler so in that case you would choose to deal 2 damage on turn 1.

I like to save Living Roots and use it to summon two 1/1's when I have a Knife Juggler in play (I swapped out the 2 Azure Drake's for Knife Juggler's from Sottle's vanilla decklist). Also, if I have Savage Roar in my hand or Power of the Wild, the additional 1/1 tokens add more value to the board.

Living Roots depends on the deck, if you know there's a high priority target in the opponents deck like Knife Juggler to kill early, then it's better to save, otherwise you can just generate the dudes.

One more question. Which is beter to play: shreder or yeti?

Do you mean which is better to play if you have both in your hand? Impossible to answer, it depends entirely on the matchup, the state of the board, the removal your opponent might have etc.

They die to Shredder, the most common 4-drop in the game, i'm not a fan currently. Combatant is more of a 6 mana play than a 4-drop.

Guest Delki

You opinion on replacing the yetis by 2 shades?

The 3 mana drop seems really amazing to me. Innervate on turn 1 or after coining a wild growth / aspirant is so snowbally.

Guest Witek

Thank You for this build. It is really fun. Is any good strategy for hunter?

Against Hunter you need to find the turn to race, You'll be playing the Control deck early, and may play from behind for a few turns, but eventually, you need to find the turn to flip the switch, and try and setup a turn where you can kill them if they can't kill you. It's all about calculated risk.

Guest Berkay

Thanks for the quick answer.I have one more question tho smile.png

You have darnassus and wild growth in your hand, its turn 2, opponent doesnt have any minions on the board.Which one do you play?

It's way too hard to give a solid answer to that, it's too dependant on your hand, and the matchup you're playing against. Against another aggressive board-focused deck, you'd want the Aspirant to both ramp you and fight for the board. Against a class that might have a removal spell like Frostbolt or Darkbomb for the Aspirant, it's probably better to just Wild Growth.

It's one of the great thing about Hearthstone and why it's such a complex game, no straight answers to these questions.

Thank you for this deck, I like it very much! I built it just to do the daily quests and I found myself going to rank 10 from rank 16 with losing only one game :) (13-1 so far) I use a Dark Wispers instead of a Force of Nature (because I have only one yet) and it works fine.

Guest Brandon

Do you feel that this version is still stronger than the variant with 2 Shades of Naxx instead of the Chillwind Yetis and a couple other differences?

I still like the extra 4s yeah, I'm thinking of editing to put Shades back in though. I'm also coming around to Savage Combatant.

Guest Aldwin

Is It viable to replace 1 FON for 1 ancient of war ? And instead of 2 yetis, 1 yeti and 1 bgh ?

Guest Toastrum

Loving this deck right now, loads of fun!

I don't have Dr Boom, but I do have Sylvanas and Ragnaros. Good arguments for either, but if you had to which would you replace Boom with?

Loving this deck right now, loads of fun!

I don't have Dr Boom, but I do have Sylvanas and Ragnaros. Good arguments for either, but if you had to which would you replace Boom with?

Dr Boom is a card, that just can't be replaced, the overall value that you get just from playing it is unreal... But since I don't have Ancient of Lore I replaced it with Chromaggus, because imo the point of Lore was to get a little bit of cards back, so I'm kind of happy with chromaggus as it can get you double dr. boom which is sick, or maybe 2x wrath. So I'd replace it with chromaggus.

Current Druid IMO is the most well-rounded deck around. I've played 200 games this season, finishing only rank 5, yet reaching my personal best with a 55% winrate.

• ++Druid Midrange can be very flexible, playing both aggressive and defensive against different match-ups and being nice in both cases.
  • ++You have reach in form of Savage Roar+Force of Nature, which is very important quality for any deck - being able to finish your opponent in a virtually very good and unconditional way. Remember the days of old when 8-mana Pyroblast was god-tier finisher for any Mage? Druid has pretty much the same thing, but split in two cards for balance purposes.
  • ++Goldfish-like openers with a good Innervate can clutch you pretty much any game of Hearthstone you play - yet it's less OP compared to Unstable Portal/Ram Wrangler RNG though.

All that gives you a ton of good/OK matchups with current decks like Patron, Handlock, Paladin etc, making Druid a good ladder choice to climb.

• --Yet saying "It's flexibile." implies "It has to play The Hybrid Tax." You can wrest for a board control but you can't really match Warrior/Freeze Mage. You can be aggressive, but you are not a Hunter. You can be heavy creature deck, but you won't stand against the likes of Dragon Priest. If you try to play their game, you will pretty much lose it.
  • --It doesn't really have space for tech cards. Something like Harrison/BGH/Sludge Belcher can fit good and they are OK even if they don't do their job, but something like Kezan Mystic or occasional heal can be hard to fit. 
  • --Druid lacks card draw, which is present only in form of Ancient of Lore/Azure Drake. Combine that with aggressive playstyle, addition of early cards like Living Roots and Darnassus Aspirant, and you'll find yourself in a topdeck mode pretty soon.

I'd like to talk about Shade of Naxxramas. I've played a list with them and without Tharuissan this season, and was pretty much satisfied. 

They can win you a game - in a very consistent manner. 

Only real way to kill them early is a Flamecannon(and Mage is a total catastrophe for Druid anyway) or early AoE like Consecration.

They act as a very strong boost for combo and more of that, can set up a lot of damage early in the game on their own. Plays like T1 Living Roots, token mode, T2 Coin+Shade T3 Savage Roar are really backbreaking in certain matcups - namely Patron and Handlock.

However, early game cards - Roots, Aspirant as I've mentioned and Shade - leave you with less cards at turns 4/5/6 than it would be comfortable for slammin Emperor and getting that sweet discount.

But Emperor is a very good card for Druid.

Savage+Force turn 7, Yeti/Shredder/Druid of the Claw cheaper.

My favourite combo(besides raging trees) is Azure Drake+Swipe for awesome removal. Comes in pretty much unexpected and kills stuff.

My position is that Shades and Emperor are almost excluding each other - Shade is for early, Emperor is for mid/late. At least with a post-TGT curve - not a Ramp/Hybrid variant without Aspirant.

Do you boys/girls agree?

And if it's remotely true, what's better for now? Emperor or no Emperor?

Guest Guest

What do you think about using Cenarius instead of living roots for a bit more late game stuff ?

What do you think about using Cenarius instead of living roots for a bit more late game stuff ?

IMO not.

Roots are very good for aggressive druid playstyle, and having one legendary won't really fix the other cards that can make your late weak.

Chance of getting a bad hand is also already huge - you have 12-14 spells depending on deck, and another9-mana beater won't solve this key problem.

Apparenlty, living roots is a spell too, but at least it has the token mode.

Edited by Paracel

Sign in to follow this